One hit of OK Zombie is better than none, but this is premo creeper and you get 7 hits. Scuttlebutt sez that there will be a season 2.5 consisting of another 6 episodes.

You can also get a fix watching the Webisodes.

They tie in nicely to the beginning of the series.

http://www.movieweb.com/v/VI99FdKcSk80ca

http://www.movieweb.com/v/VI2oc3QTtIs957

I've seen all the "Hannah" webisodes.

Hope that's more than rumor about the extra episodes. I would be happy as a bird with a french fry.

I've seen all the "Hannah" webisodes.

Hope that's more than rumor about the extra episodes. I would be happy as a bird with a french fry.

Grab your fries, AMC Resurrects The Walking Dead for a Second Season

That is the AMC blog.

Edited by Vater Araignee

I'm always a day or two behind when it comes to watching each week; didn't see it 'til last night.

you know, I don't need to see hundreds of zombies in each episode, but only one?

guarantee that that's Shane's baby.

did you watch the preview during the credits? merle's back!

I figured it was shaving the budget from this episode so they could get a bigger bang in another.

You still got a level 1 job with a high end special effect, and it wouldn't have made any sense to have level 3/4 jobs without at least a half dozen 2's. 2's may be cheaper than 1's but aren't exactly cheap.

I'm looking forward to a few more zombie lite episodes because that is going to tell me the season finally and possibly e12 will be epic.

• 3 weeks later...

Mid season finale.... DAMN

Last night's episode was so harsh.

Do not read the spoiler if you have not seen it and plan to, and remember to not quote and spoil for others:

I just wept at the end. That did take me by surprise, and it was played out so perfectly. The little girl did such a good acting job, managing to "zombie" herself without cliche. How she covered her eyes from the sunlight? Oh, God.

I am on a couple TV message boards, and I decided I'm really not interested in critique of this show so I quit reading the discussions about it there. I'm enjoying it too much, and am not interested in snark. Especially after this last episode.

Last night's episode was so harsh.

Do not read the spoiler if you have not seen it and plan to, and remember to not quote and spoil for others:

I just wept at the end. That did take me by surprise, and it was played out so perfectly. The little girl did such a good acting job, managing to "zombie" herself without cliche. How she covered her eyes from the sunlight? Oh, God.

I am on a couple TV message boards, and I decided I'm really not interested in critique of this show so I quit reading the discussions about it there. I'm enjoying it too much, and am not interested in snark. Especially after this last episode.

Yeah...

That was a real game changer... on a lot of different levels... one, they changed the entire dynamic of the "farm" ... Shane proved his point by shooting up the Zombies to prove how non-human they are, but they also violated every trust they had earned with the guns and rekilling of the zombies.... Mike made himself the clear leader again by taking care of undead Sophia... but also, she was in the barn the WHOLE DAMN TIME... think about all the time and effort they could have saved if they had only known that... I would be pissed .

And wow... that little girl... yeah.

Yeah...

That was a real game changer... on a lot of different levels... one, they changed the entire dynamic of the "farm" ... Shane proved his point by shooting up the Zombies to prove how non-human they are, but they also violated every trust they had earned with the guns and rekilling of the zombies.... Mike made himself the clear leader again by taking care of undead Sophia... but also, she was in the barn the WHOLE DAMN TIME... think about all the time and effort they could have saved if they had only known that... I would be pissed .

And wow... that little girl... yeah.

I'm sure you meant Rick, not Mike. One TV discussion board I'm on did have a good point about Rick having to be the one to shoot Sophia. That Shane's hesitation and in the end inability to shoot her himself did salvage a smidge of humanity for him, in that he "got" why Hershel & the others couldn't kill their "own" walkers and realized how hard it is to do so when it's someone you care for.

But he's still an absolute shit. I don't necessarily want him gone, but it would be interesting to see if we start having dual storylines, with him taking off with Andrea and gathering his own band of survivors.

I'm not much for analyzing the whys and wherefores of fictional characters. But as far as the time/effort/searching for Sophia/her already in the barn/etc, my guess is that Hershel's people knew that if Rick's band found out about that, Rick's band would have done exactly what ended up happening (all the barn walkers shot), and he didn't want to chance it. Hershel was pretty anxious to get them to leave and I guess we all know why now.

As you said - game changer. I guess we'll be seeing all of them on the road again come the next episode. I wonder if Maggie will join them.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I read the comics first before this even came out...so at first I was sort of disappointed that they veered off pretty soon. But overall I still like it a lot. It's well done. I mean yeah, they added some characters and some random stories for T.V. flare, but the main story is mostly there so far. Which was nice to see. Although I did miss the last episode from this week.

Looks like I'm Dale.

"You're stalwart, wise, and clearheaded.

What you lack in physical strength you make up for in accumulated knowledge. You're able to form strong bonds with strangers over a short period of time.

People look to you for advice, and you look to them for companionship and protection."

So does that mean I *spoiler alert* and *spoiler alert*?

I'm Glenn

"Quick witted and dextrous. You're loyal to your surrogate family and take risks on their behalf, risks that would intimidate others. You're confident in your ability to plan and execute complicated schemes because you can think on your feet to get out of the unforseen scrapes. Although you value what you've got, you yearn for something more in terms of a relationship."

holy fuck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

serious spoilers behind the curtain:

first off, awesome pitchfork move by Andrea in the opening segment.

Wow - Shane dying...twice!

looks like next week is the apocalyptic season ending we were all waiting for. If you haven't seen this week's epi, you have to watch through the sneak peek at the end. Man, I hope Maggie doesn't die.