movies being made in Detroit thread

we had a "Red Dawn remake" thread...

and we heard about Whip It filming on phee's street...

so now here's a thread about films being made in Detroit. like this one, featuring Christina Ricci: http://unitystudiosmichigan.com/2010/07/war-flowers-starring-christina-ricci-to-be-unity-studios-first-feature-film/

feel free to post info here!

:D

• 3 weeks later...

There's some movie being filmed in MI that my friends got an e-mail about (they have been extras for a few movies now and one even has an agency). Apparently they are looking for extras to play gothic club-goers...haha!

Speaking of which...this movie is called Vamps.

And they had recruiters for extras at City last night.

I guess the lady has been contacting people? I've sent out two forms now. I'm pretty sure I'm just wasting my time with this...considering I don't even know when they start filming tomorrow and if I do get to go, I don't have a ride to Detroit.

Whatever.

I'm just in a pissy mood. Nothing goes my way.

• 5 weeks later...

Transformers 3 update: they're shooting at Cass & Michigan, which is a block south from the Leland. There's a giant robot and everything! :D

hopefully, it'll still be there this weekend, so all y'all can go and take photos in front of it.

...This is my chance to kill Micheal Bay...

• 4 months later...

Sam Raimi to direct Wizard of Oz prequel in Pontiac?

Maybe...and Johnny Depp is in negotiations to play the lead.

Centerpoint is on Opdyke just off of Square Lake Rd. if you're curious.

http://www.freep.com/article/20110126/NEWS06/101260426/1322/authorities-brutalized-pit-bulls-found-in-lansing,Z=728x90

I know the link says something nonrelated, but the freep site gets link titles wrong fairly regularly.

• 6 months later...

They filmed "Whip It" on my street. My mail box has a cameo.

They filmed "Steel" here.

They filmed "Five Year Engagement" here, Phee, my oldest daughter and I are probably in the background of a scene.

And they are filming "AWOL" here right now.

There have been many others, but that is what I can think of off the top of my head. Movie junk is getting really old and annoying around here. Nothing like tying up my road (night and day) for a month and a half though....

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Sorry, I didn't see this reply before, lol

The lady took a pic of Siren, Tyger and me. Apparently she's contacting Siren about the shooting and she gave us all her card. So I guess we'll wait and see? lol

click on this story link to see the trailer:

http://io9.com/5945381/first-glimpse-of-sigourney-weaver-as-a-vampire-queen-in-vamps?post=52883137

• 4 months later...

Well, it's a nice idea, but generally with a character this well known, "Dr.Who", "in Detroit" usually means Windsor and/or METRO Detroit = NQD (Not Quite Detroit). The only things we will probably see is a shot of the Renaissance Center with maybe a glimpse of Cobo and Joe Louis Arena and possibly an aerial pan over of Ford Field and Comerica Park with a night time view of the Fox Theater thrown in there for visual historical reference. Not to sound too cynical mind you. However, I can't wait to see what they actually film for production...here's hoping...

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone interested in the Mimesis: the night of the living dead movie by Schulze?

I checked the trailer and already started picking that it looked like a LARP when I realized exactly what was going on...

Uploaded on Sep 9, 2011

A group of horror fans find themselves unwilling participants in a nightmarish role playing game that pays homage to a classic horror film.

Edited by TronRP