What do you collect?

Raev

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I collect Blankets. When I was little we couldnt always afford heat and our heater was so old that it wouldnt work half the time when we could afford heat. We had a kerosene heater that my grandfather had that we would leave on all day but we'd turn it off at night and it would get cold. It wasnt unusual to sleep with 7 blankets on. So I have always had a lot of blankets and if I am out and I see one that looks extra warm and cozy I'll pick it up. My favorite blanket is my Pendleton blanket my mom bought me when I graduated High School it has my tribal logo on it. I also seem to collect hooded sweatshirts my favorite one is my stormtrooper hoodie that zips up all the way and it has eye holes that have mesh on them so it doesnt look like you can see but you still can.

Skulls and interesting bones but mostly just skulls.

Why? I dont know... they just fasinate me.

first off....sir where do you find said skulls...mainly becuase i wanted to start a collection for a while...only place i seen where i could start a collection would be TheBoneRoom.com

and back onto topic....i collect and keep movie stubs...every movie i have gone to see if i liked it or not i kept the stub...and souls...i like souls...i just picked up a young Filipino boys soul last week..OH and i almost forgot...Bettie Page stuff....DUH

Edited by TheGimp

I also collect something that everyone in my neighborhood collects: Poverty.

Also, Pestilence and I collect people. If you come over you're always in danger of inadvertantly being held hostage. We will find SOME way to keep you in our house regardless of any prior obligations or responsiblities you have elsewhere. Case in point, Black Jack is still in our basement playing our xBox 360 and he has been there ever since the party on Devil's Night :rofl:

I also collect something that everyone in my neighborhood collects: Poverty.

Also, Pestilence and I collect people. If you come over you're always in danger of inadvertantly being held hostage. We will find SOME way to keep you in our house regardless of any prior obligations or responsiblities you have elsewhere. Case in point, Black Jack is still in our basement playing our xBox 360 and he has been there ever since the party on Devil's Night :rofl:[/

Edited by Chernobyl

• 2 weeks later...

And I used to collect skulls, fake ones of course, before my house fire.

I want to collect sock monkeys. Give me some.

I wanted to collect cabbage patch kids when I was younger.

I'm gaining a collection of mannequin parts, though not intentionally, really.

BTW, this is a great thread topic. :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

I used to collect Living Dead Dolls, but the GF that i shared that hobby with (thats how we met actually) died on me :cry (car accident on the way to come visit me) so it sort of killed that. Her mom wanted to send me (she actually was from Chicago but was in michigan a lot as her practicum and soon-to-be-job was here) her LDD's but i couldnt take it, got rid of most of my own, only have one left burried in the basement. Toyed with getting back into it but not doing it alone.

I never "collected" comic books per se, I read them still do read them occasionally but download them as I'm broke.

I also play Magic The Gathering and did Collect Magic The Gathering cards (love the artwork on many of them) but now I don't anymore and just print out proxies to play the game ghetto style.

I "have" a lot of regular (and gaming books similar to what spook has pics of) books but its not to collect them really.

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure i really collect anything actively, I used to be an avid Nightmare Before Christmas memorabilia (funny thing about that is i think I like the stuff more than the movie) used to collect various films (more "old" than new) but that has fallen off due to the ease of just getting the movie for less than a 10th of what the disc costs. Similar issue with music media.

I used to collect Living Dead Dolls, any of the "gothy" Disney pins I could find sub-$50 bucks (some of them are insanely pricey,) various collector cards (movies/TV shows, Garbage Pail Kids), I collected a series of figurines from the Simpsons , but there were only so many , and now I have them all except one. I guess i "collected" Carl Sagan, Shakespeare and E.A. Poe "books" but there wont be any more from any of them (although who knows one sagan book did come out long after he passed) ... *thinks harder* Have a crap ton of Transformers and comics/graphic novels but the last one was bought 10+ years ago.

I have a few dozen Gone With The Wind plates, although they were passed on to me more than collected by me.

Its hard to say I "collect" books, I have a ton of them, but its just because I want to have them on the off chance I'm going to read them again or let someone borrow them rather than for the collector aspect.

I never really had any collector friends, or I think i might have gotten into some of this stuff (or something altogether different) as part of the fun of any hobby to me is having someone to share it with.

My bf started buying me Living Dead Dolls since I told him I like them and wanted one for a while. I have a very small collection of 4 now. I threw out the Starburst wrappers. After seeing all those shows about hoarders I decided they served no purpose and threw out the 3 or 4 packs worth I had. Lol. And my ANYTHING Hello Kitty collection is steadily growing thanks in very big part to my bf's mom. Lol.

• 1 month later...