What do you collect?

Raev

Oh I fully admit I'm a hoarder, not full scale call the tv shows get the bitch some help hoarder, but hoarder as is I just have too much junk.

As in "well i might need this (sometime) so ill just keep it" (and that time typcially never comes) is what you mean righ? Not like "i collect as in, actually "collect" the stuff.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My bf started buying me Living Dead Dolls since I told him I like them and wanted one for a while. I have a very small collection of 4 now. I threw out the Starburst wrappers. After seeing all those shows about hoarders I decided they served no purpose and threw out the 3 or 4 packs worth I had. Lol. And my ANYTHING Hello Kitty collection is steadily growing thanks in very big part to my bf's mom. Lol.

I had a fairly extensive LDD collection (and apparently I have more waiting for me if I want them from an EX GF) but I didnt have any "fellow LDD collectors" and honestly the only reason I really want to collect things is becasue I like them sure, but , I also need people to share the interest with, and if there arent any, it just doesnt hold my interest.

(I used to collect beanie babies , only because I had 3 female friends and 1 male friend that did and it was just sort of a fun "group hobby") two of them quit one moved away, and one died, so that was the end of that.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

First off, I collect images. If I can get to my camera fast enough, the image is mine.

I currently have 44,223 images taken personally by digital cameras.

Over 3,000 photos developed from disposable cameras.

About 250 undeveloped flings containing 27 images each.

(Since the flooding of the market with digital cameras, most places discontinued the photo developing process.)

I collect images because I have this overwhelming need to remember where I have been and what I have seen.

I keep feeling that when I die no one will know I was here.

So I collect images to show the story of my life...even on slow days.

I'll post about my tangible collections another time...got a birthday party to attend now.

First off, I collect images. If I can get to my camera fast enough, the image is mine.

I currently have 44,223 images taken personally by digital cameras.

Over 3,000 photos developed from disposable cameras.

About 250 undeveloped flings containing 27 images each.

(Since the flooding of the market with digital cameras, most places discontinued the photo developing process.)

I collect images because I have this overwhelming need to remember where I have been and what I have seen.

I keep feeling that when I die no one will know I was here.

So I collect images to show the story of my life...even on slow days.

I'll post about my tangible collections another time...got a birthday party to attend now.

What is a "fling" ?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 years later...
8 hours ago, DevilishLustyDesires said:

Tarot cards but I don't use them I just love to carry them around in my bag and I also collect horror movies and scary books along with occult books sorry I'am not willing to sell them .

Hah.  I have ...  a lot of tarot decks, well I did.  I did sell some of them as being broke sucks and a few ended up being worth more than what they meant to me. Most of them aren't worth any more than I paid for them. I have used them a few times but it's not a thing I really believe in, it's just interesting.  In years past I was really into occult stuff and have a lot of books on various aspects of it.  Religion/spirituality etc. is just an interesting subject for me, has been for a long time.  Not that Satanism is actually spirituality or a religion (once you read into it enough it's an atheist philosophy) but the subject was interesting.  I have a copy of The Satanic Bible, in German, on black pages with white text.  Why? Because it just looks cool as hell.  :happy:

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 9/27/2012 at 7:19 AM, TronRP said:

Besides collecting images, I collect these little guys.

I am addicted to the would of UB Funkeys by Radica.

This is about the only game I actually play online.

post-4589-0-88419800-1348744795_thumb.jp

Unfortunately long discontinued.  Now.  😞   Skylanders (better game and toys) and Amiibo's (Semi game independent and all 'franchise' well known characters) are still actively supported and more advanced technologically and quality of figures wise.  Plus the latter has that anime look for most of them that some weirdos are addicted to.  😄

H2x1_Amiibo_main.jpg

I'm trying not to collect ANYTHING so my limited funds don't go flying away.  I've given up almost everything I collected except the Game of Thrones Mystery Minis. Even my magic cards, Firefly, and BSG stuff is gone to eBay.  

But I've not bought any in over a year.  (Yes I have a constantly updated spreadsheet with what I have and don't have, nerd alert)  My long-term plan is to buy the more expensive ones individually, and then buy the 'commons' in a huge lot even if there are duplicates as the 'cheap' ones cost maybe 6 bucks each, but in a large lot that drops to like 2 dollars.  The harder to get ones range from $20 to $100 and would never be included in a large lot.  

cyd8ZSi.jpg

• 4 years later...

I collect antique jewellery, antique porcelain (mostly Dresden), antique stoneware (mostly Staffordshire and majolica), antique textiles, vintage clothing, vintage kitchenware, authentic primitives, antique books, and vintage Halloween / macabre items. 

I also collect PDF books, video rips of rare VHS classics (from YT), clip art, and images of lots from high end auction catalogues (for my antique collecting references).

I'm sure there is something else. 

Edited by jynxxxedangel
I forgot to specify something