That was an ok article. had some pretty reasonable viewpoints, but a hugely important thing to remember is to for alot of guys, if you don't have the money and the looks, all the personality, confidence, and humor will still get you nowhere.

actually it's the other way around, all you need is a good sense of order and confidence as well as some reasonable attempt at grooming yourself. looks play very little into it. only reason why money plays into it is that's an idnicator on how well you can maintain order.

For some reason, you think “nice” means “completely devoid of sexual energy.” When you’re attracted to someone, you treat her like you’re her brother. Her brother the priest. Her brother the elderly Victorian priest who is actually a large stuffed animal. Then when some guy comes along and does a little thoughtful flirting and actually gets her attention, you think “Man, that guy’s a jerkface.”

I don't meet chicks I'm into all that often but when I do that's me. Except for the whole thinking I'm to nice and hating the other guy thing.

Edited by Shaun

• 4 months later...

The key word in this article, IMO, was OBLIVION.

It's like the dude I was seeing before. He had cooked dinner for me and for like a month all I heard about was how great he was for cooking for me that time. Everytime he did something for anyone he bragged about it. One time I was broke and didn't have gas money for work for the week and we got paid on alternating bi-weekly schedules, and it's really hard for me to ask anyone for anything, so I just kinda mentioned to him that I did not have gas money and he just didn't care, he just said well, if you need anything let me know, but I had just got done "letting him know", he wanted me to say "Can you loan me 20 dollar's until Friday, please? I hated feeling like that, I wanted to cry, I felt like a begging, gold digger for borrowing 20 bucks for like 4 days, I even told him I would give him extra money back. He also had made really, hurtful comments, like he said one day as we were talking about, no as he was talking about gaming and he said something like "yeah, I got a thumbs up from most of the people on EVE about you", I was like "what are you talking about?" and he said, oh yeah, when you were over the other day I turned the webcam on!!!!!!! He apparently turned his cam on while he was showing me his game on the PC, little did I know he was turning it on so his gamer buds could rate me. How fucked up is that? He also said, "well, I think they were just being nice, my friend's wife is a model, she has fake boobs and blonde hair, he is so lucky"!!! I fucking just went to my room and fucking cried, not because of him but because, those things he said brought back all kinds of memories of how I got teased and called ugly when I was younger, It just made me remember that I was ugly after he said that to me. Then, the worst thing was he was in love with his best friend, he knew her for years, and we were talking about how they met and stuff one day, and I asked him if they ever went out and he said, "no, unfortunately" and than, although I had to beg him for 20 bucks for gas for my car, he gave her money for something that would clean out her system because she smoked weed and had to drug test. I felt like a fucking worthless, piece of shit.

He was just so, off. He must have thought I smoked weed or something when I met him because he used to talk about it all the time and I heard him say something to his friend about him smoking some with someone, yet when he found out I didn't smoke he changed his story, and said "oh no, I don't smoke, I have never even tried it"!! What a phony.

(I'm sorry I didn't mean to threadjack it's just that that article made me think about this)

Edited by kat