Lipstick: Your Thoughts

What's your favorite brand of lipstick? Favorite color?

What's your favorite brand of gloss? Favorite color?

What's your favorite brand of lip pencil? Favorite color?

Mine is:

M.A.C. Viva Glam 4. It's a sexy, shimmery color between red and burgundy, with a hint of pink.

M.A.C. Oh Baby Lipglass.

M.A.C. (it's not too obvious that I work for them, is it?) pencil in Currant. VERY dark and mysterious.

Edited by BrendaStarrr69

To be quite honest, I don't like the way lipstick tastes or smells. It nearly makes me ill to see my lipstick on things like food, glasses and cigarettes. Because of this, I might use lipgloss that has colour in it or just simply shiny chapsticks. In addition, I can never get my lips to look right either. I have a fuller lower lip and a much thinner upper and for me, it makes it more difficult to prepare my lips the way they should. So I just don't use it altogether.

A friend of mine made some recommendations that I may eventually try out. However, I don't know if I will or not. But I do have an event coming up later this month that I need to look especially nice for so we'll see.

What's your favorite brand of lipstick? Favorite color?

What's your favorite brand of gloss? Favorite color?

What's your favorite brand of lip pencil? Favorite color?

I started using Revlon Colorstay when it first came out, and I absolutely CANNOT go back to "regular" lipsticks now. I've switched to Cover Girl Outlast, as the texture is better, as are the colors.

I switched initially 'cause I got tired of trying to go to City Club in super-dark lipstick, only to have it end up all over my face & the face of the guy I was macking on at the time. That, and the fact that dark colors would bleed and feather like crazy - and I despise lipliner.

These long-last varieties have come a LONG way since their inception. They are still on the dry side, but much better than in the past. And reapplication of some kind of lipbalm or gloss definitely helps. I don't even use the topcoat that comes with the Outlast - I prefer this cheap, raspberry-flavored gloss I picked up from Big Lots. That, or a cherry vanilla lip balm I got from Avon.

When gothing-up, I wear a discontinued color called Cherrywood - a dark, blood red (I'm wearing it on my avatar). I found an Ebay seller who sold me 10 tubes for about $20. It'll last me forever.

When just getting a little punked-up, there's a current color by Outlast I wear, but I don't recall the name. It's also a dark red, but not as deep as cherrywood.

On a simple outing, I wear a sorta brownish mauve color Outlast.

- I prefer this cheap, raspberry-flavored gloss I picked up from Big Lots. That, or a cherry vanilla lip balm I got from Avon.

Doesn't this cause it to come off? when ever I use a lip balm over the long last lip sticks that allows it to rub off onto what ever. If I use the top coat that came with it then it stays all day.

Doesn't this cause it to come off? when ever I use a lip balm over the long last lip sticks that allows it to rub off onto what ever. If I use the top coat that came with it then it stays all day.

DM is pretty much right.

I don't know about the Long Last, but the Cover Girl Outlast is pretty resilient. I have to use mineral oil to get it off my lips.

I have tried other brands, and found they come off too easy, so some lip glosses and balms might have a bad effect on them.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 years later...

Just wondering has much changed regarding Lipstick since the last post in 2005?

I Really know nothing about makeup. I wear costume black lipstick, Vaseline and 99 cent black eyeliner.

Any suggestions? :confused:

Does Wet and Wild stay on or do you have to keep reapplying?

The lipliner is good it pretty much stays being that its the cheap stuff, but there lipstick really sucks. It's all hard and stiff and thats one thing hard and stiff I don't want near my mouth. (Lmao)Anyway, I would only suggest using their lip and eyeliner pencils, not their liquid eyeliner, however I would get some liquid eyeliner and some eyeshadow (make sure you get eyeshadow that you can blend, usually if your new to using eyeshadow their are actually directions on how to apply it the right way, it usually says take the middle shade put it on your lid, the darkest shade in your crease and the lightest on the brow bone, if there is a fourth shade you put it in the outer corner of your lid for more "pop". Also, do you wax or pluck your brows? Oh, you have to have mascara, that is a must, that and lipstick can get you through a day when your trying to just throw yourself together real quick. We should play makeover sometime., oh and a good mascara is Loreal, telescopic lash.

Edited by kat

uh ok...wow...it's like a technical manual... I don't wax and I've only used mascara 3 times...silly me, didn't realize it was for daily use... :blushing: However, I did wear foundation for my prom picture... :biggrin: If I had a makeover, I probably wouldn't recognize myself... :blink:

i'm still trying to figure out lipstick :hrhr: