the Fun With Al Jourgenson thread

Regarding: Ministry's "Same Old Madness"

The back story on this was it was to be a single to be released by Arista records in 1982 (how many of you were not born yet?). The label scraped it even after a video had been shot.

It exist on some long out of print compilation vinyls and supposedly a bootleg Ministry/Revco CD.

Yup, same guy who brought you "So What" years later... FUN STUFF

Edited by DJ Saint

One of Al's pre-Ministry outfits - Special Affect:

Nice find! That's Franke Nardiello on vocals - who later went on to helm Thrill Kill Kult under the name Groovie Man. Al's on guitar there. The drummer later went on to drum for Concrete Blonde. They released on 7" and one LP, The Original Soundtrack From The Motion Picture "Too Much Soft Living" was self-released in 1981. [As far as anyone knows, no such movie was ever made.]

Man, the roots some of these bands/musicians had... pretty funny to look back upon

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

WOW, I saw that show live! I was into alternative/new wave/punk/goth and watched that live. I really liked him back then. He has done some things I am not fond of, since. I think he's settled down recently. He is lucky to still be alive after his life choices. I have old pixies of him in my photo albums. I saw them in Milwaukee and Detroit in the mid 80's and in Chicago his wife brought their baby to a Jesus and Mary Chain concert I was at. :ohmy:

LOLZ - AL J on Donahue...

Really? I thought they were all done.

No kidding. Al had said after the last run, there was no more Ministry. It had run it's course and that it was time to retire the brand and it would be forever, because he doesn't believe in doing a "final show ever" ever handful of years.

LOLZ - AL J on Donahue...

That's awesome! Reminds me of the old Ohio news clip with Trent Reznor in Exotic Birds. They look so "not on drugs" its ridiculous.

Speaking of ridiculous, this is still one of my favorite Ministry songs ever:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sET1lhBMNiU

and obligatory:

• 2 weeks later...

For those that care, Al is a big fat liar! Not done yet...

today (Aug 18) in Metal Hammer, Jourgensen further announced a brand new Ministry Album (Relapse - just like Eminem) and Tour with four shows in the US and perhaps up to 20 in Europe.

You can read the entire Metal Hammer interview here.

In other news, Brett Favre is also considering returning to the NFL...

Edited by DJ Saint

For those that care, Al is a big fat liar! Not done yet...

today (Aug 18) in Metal Hammer, Jourgensen further announced a brand new Ministry Album (Relapse - just like Eminem) and Tour with four shows in the US and perhaps up to 20 in Europe.

You can read the entire Metal Hammer interview here.

In other news, Brett Favre is also considering returning to the NFL...

Kind of like how there have been about 5 "Last" albums by The Cure.