What's the last movie you saw?

Either in the mood for Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas or Party Monster...so that basically breaks it down to the battle between hallucinogens and heroin or ketamine, coke and heroin. Hmm...choices :laugh:.

Decided on Little Shop of Horrors since Pest hasn't ever seen it. I forgot that Bill Murray, Tisha Campbell and John Candy were in it, used to be one of my favorite movies when I was little, rented it like every week.

Now moving on to Dutch :laugh:. I was trying to think of stuff I haven't seen in a LONG time, like decades at least.

Edited by Chernobyl

Either in the mood for Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas or Party Monster...so that basically breaks it down to the battle between hallucinogens and heroin or ketamine, coke and heroin. Hmm...choices :laugh:.

Should pick Fear and Loathing because Terry Gilliam is amazing. And because Party Monsters just sucks.

Should pick Fear and Loathing because Terry Gilliam is amazing. And because Party Monsters just sucks.

The actual real-life story behind Party Monster is outrageous and exciting. The guys are all actually hot in it too :tongue:.

Fear and Loathing is amazing because I've had every experience in that movie, every thought, every everything, just in Detroit and not Las Vegas, so I can highly relate to it. I'm sure it would be better actually on psychedelics, but clearly that's not always feasible :laugh:.

The last movie I saw for the first time was the original "Scream". Ive refused to watch it for years, but it was on netflix and I was bored. I was actually very impressed, I used to think that Wes Craven sucked after "Nightmare on Elm Street" finished. Most of his other movies are just bad. I was happy with this one, doubt ill see any of the other Scream movies though.

The Last Waltz

A music documentary by Martin Scorsese. Centering around the 70's group "The Band's" final performance a group that was very influential but never really became that big. Similar sound to the much more well known Creedence Clearwater Revival. Focusing on the idea of life on the road and the amazing people they came into contact with, and their final "last waltz" concert. Features an amazing group of guest musicians. Although really this thing is ruined if you watch it over crappy speakers on the internet.

Can't say I knew about these guys before I saw this movie, although I did recognize several of their songs. (after having looked them up to distquish covers from non covers. They have a lot of good "storyteller" type songs. Many of which have been covered by so many different people over the last 30 years you'd not even know it was by these guys.

Cast that stands out:

The Band

Bob Dylan

Neil Young (Awesome)

Joni Mitchel

Paul Butterfield

Muddy Waters (Best version of "I'm a Man" i've seen)

Neil Diamond (awesome performance)

Ringo Starr

Emylou Harris (very young and hot, although very reserved/classy)

Van Morrison

Eric Clapton

and a shitton of others I cant think of, also interesting to see Scorsese and the rest of these people at a much younger age.

Last first time viewing for me was last night. I watched "True Grit". It was ok, could have been better, but could have been alot worse too.

Yeah it was decent but damn it could have been awesome, they just sort of softballed a lot of things and didn't really work on making you "like" the characters that much.

Just rewatched A Tale of Two Sisters for the fifth or sixth time again last night. It is an amazing Korean horror film... That really isn't a horror film as much as a tragic drama. Compelling and haunting, its one of those movies that sticks with you long after the credits roll.

Found a torrent of it, good stuff.

• 4 weeks later...

Year One - Never saw it because I thought it was going to be stupid, but a good amount of it was legitimately funny, especially a lot of the conversations. Interesting blend of Tenacious D and the Superbad crew. I always love everything that Michael Cera is in, same with the McLovin kid, for some reason, they're hilarious in every movie.

The Proposal - Not into chick flicks at all, but this was not half bad for being in said category. There were of course moments of cheesiness, but I actually like Sandra Bullock's character a lot, I thought she was witty. Betty White is SO FUCKING ADORABLY FUNNY I wanted to reach through the screen and hug her little old ass to death. Not my normal genre selection, but I ended up thinking it was at least worth the watch.

Green Lantern - Basically a movie about a ring which chooses Ryan Reynold's decently attractive pecs and abs to wield energy-based powers (yadda...yadda, nearly everyone should know at least that part already). Lot of flashy stuff, sufficiently followed the original story, and quite honestly he was pretty cut out for the role, imo. The movie was filled with massive visual blends of green and yellow, so...bonus :yes .

Edited by Chernobyl

The last movie I saw for the first time was the original "Scream". Ive refused to watch it for years, but it was on netflix and I was bored. I was actually very impressed, I used to think that Wes Craven sucked after "Nightmare on Elm Street" finished. Most of his other movies are just bad. I was happy with this one, doubt ill see any of the other Scream movies though.

Probably a good idea, the second one is ok but doesn't live up to the first, and the third was just stupid. I won't even bother with 4.

Last movie I watched was Hellraiser, last movie I watched and heard what was being said was Hellraiser Bloodlines, as well as Hellraiser 3, SLC Punk, and Rashomon.

The 40 Year Old Virgin

Its actually not finished I have it on pause. Its "cute", but not highly recommended. Steve Carrel before The Office is interesting. If you happen to pass it by and arent doing anything its decent, but i wouldn't go out of my way.

Reminds me a lot of "Get A Life" which was a really fun "life of the lonely nerd" TV show that was canceled before its time.

Captain America the more I think about it the more I hate it. It was just a really really average movie.

I refuse to see comic book movies, especially one about any of the "avengers", as I thought the avengers always sucked... (used to be a big comic nerd)

I refuse to see comic book movies, especially one about any of the "avengers", as I thought the avengers always sucked... (used to be a big comic nerd)

Aside from the most recent Batman movies and The Watchmen, I've not watched any of the comic book movies. No x-men. No spider man. No fantastic four. I avoid them.

Last movie I saw...I rewatched Spaceballs. :D

I was fortunate because as I kid I only read one comic book ever. It was a Superman comic and I thought it sucked. So, I never got into that whole comic book thing. Therefore, I can go to the movies with an open mind and I usually love the comic book movies, though there are a few exceptions.