What's the last movie you saw?

The Misfits with Clark Gable and Marilyn Monroe.

Christ, she was so amazingly(well, she always had been) beautiful in that film despite the many troubles behind the scenes. Her beauty, what was underneath that beauty, and her role left me feeling somewhat melancholic. Added to that were seeing bits of myself in the characters played by Gable, Montgomery Clift, and Eli Wallach.

• 3 weeks later...

Theatre, Ponyo. It was cute and engaging, but not overly sappy like some older Miyazaki can be.

That's because, though completed with the help of his studio, it was Miyazaki's son, I believe, who was responsible for the film. I loved it.

I'm trying to remember the last film I saw at home. All I can recall at this moment is watching "Princess 9."

• 2 weeks later...

I have one request. It's a grammar request. This topic has been bothering me since it went up. Will someone please be so kind to change the topic from 'what is the last movie you seen' to 'what is the last movie you saw?' It's "you have seen" or "you saw," but not any jumble thereof. Thank you.

Yeah, ^ pretty much. Only I described it as "Dances with Wolves" meets "Final Fantasy," but it is a rehash of a very familiar plot line. Still, the effects are amazing and, in themselves, make it worth watching. And yet, for all the repetition of the plot, how is it that we haven't learned those lessons yet?

More grammar griping: In the original paragraph on "Pocahontas," there was a very poor sentence in that the listed items were not consistent in their grammatical content (parts of speech): "Furthermore she teaches him how to hunt, grow crops, and of her culture." It's okay because it's intelligible, but it would be better if, 1) a comma appeared after "furthermore," 2) the list either consisted entirely of verbs, verb-object combinations, or objects, and not a jumble thereof. As it is, it has one verb, one verb-object, and one object. It's not a nice sentence. It sounds even more awkward in the rewrite. But what I really mean to say is the grammar mistake in this topic title is really getting my panties all in a bunch. Will someone PLEASE fix it? Please? Please? Change "seen" to "saw." Thanks.

Paranormal Activity:

Biggest waste of an hour and a half of my life..... very disappointing and yet i somehow new it was gonna have that whole Blair Witch thing going.... :bomb_ie:

Holy shit. It's karma that this thread was in the index and you started it to criticize Paranormal Activity.

Bean and I just saw it on the theater and we want our $1.50 back. (Actually I want my $1.50 back, bean wants the 90 minutes of her life back)

THAT WAS SOOO AWFUL!!!! I barely made it through the movie because the jumpy camera work made me so nauseous, I felt like I was going to wretch. And it wasn't scary. UP was a scarier movie.

Hell, The Care Bears Movie was scarier than this.

Care_Bears_Movie.jpeg

I mean with that movie, you've got some real conflict.

Kim and Jason gave up caring! That is terrifying! I mean, giving up caring???!!!

And to make thinks even scarier, Nicholas, a friendless magician's assistant is seduced by an evil spirit!

The world may be robbed of love! And if that happens, it's the end of Carealot as we know it:ohmy: :no

SEDUCTION!

TRICKERY!

THE DESTRUCTION OF CAREALOT!

Oh my Oh no is right!

Compared to that, in PA, we have two annoying suburbanites, a douchebag and a whiner who just realized how to hit record on their camcorder.

It was a good movie night! Never mind that in both films, DeLongis' bit was over within the first ten minutes, "Wild Bill" and "Fearless" were worth the watch!

Ummm, you know I love you and Spook, but I fell asleep during Wild Bill.

Fearless was great though! I love when you have low expectations for a movie, and a movie turns out to be good, thereby blowing said expectations away, as anything rating a 2 on a 1-10 scale,

where 10 is Casablanca and -2 is Paranormal Activity, is a score!

what I really mean to say is the grammar mistake in this topic title is really getting my panties all in a bunch. Will someone PLEASE fix it? Please? Please? Change "seen" to "saw." Thanks.

You have out grammar-Nazi'd me by 1000

I personally prefer "What's the last movie you've seen?" myself

Hell, The Care Bears Movie was scarier than this.

I mean with that movie, you've got some real conflict.

Kim and Jason gave up caring! That is terrifying! I mean, giving up caring???!!!

And to make thinks even scarier, Nicholas, a friendless magician's assistant is seduced by an evil spirit!

The world may be robbed of love! And if that happens, it's the end of Carealot as we know it:ohmy: :no

Don't forget that this movie is the first appearance of the

Carebear Cousins. They couldn't have done it without Lionheart and Brightheart.