Hard Candy

We just started carrying this line at work. (walmart) I had heard of it but never got my hands on it till now.

I tried their liquid liner and I personally hated it because it was a little brush applicator and I prefer the sponge/pen tip kind.

Wasn't a fan of their mascara that I tried either because it was one of those weird plastic deals and it actually hurt my eyes. Poked myself a few times and swore a lot! lol

I love the eyeshadow I've tried. One of the duo baked ones. Forget the color name but its the olive green one with the olive green toned white with it. I have worn it without a primer and it didnt crease at all.

A little pricey, but not that bad. The packaging is cute too. Up next Im going to try their lip products. Haven't made up my mind on what I want to try first :D

We just started carrying this line at work. (walmart) I had heard of it but never got my hands on it till now.

I tried their liquid liner and I personally hated it because it was a little brush applicator and I prefer the sponge/pen tip kind.

Wasn't a fan of their mascara that I tried either because it was one of those weird plastic deals and it actually hurt my eyes. Poked myself a few times and swore a lot! lol

I love the eyeshadow I've tried. One of the duo baked ones. Forget the color name but its the olive green one with the olive green toned white with it. I have worn it without a primer and it didnt crease at all.

A little pricey, but not that bad. The packaging is cute too. Up next Im going to try their lip products. Haven't made up my mind on what I want to try first :D

This used to be a mid-priced boutique brand. I'm not fond of the liquid liner because of the shortness of the brush. However, the mascara is nice. You just have to know how to work with that type of brush. If you're poking yourself, you're doing it wrong!

The shadows have always been nice. This is in NO way "pricey." The shadows used to start at $12 for a single. The polishes were also $12. I'm eager to try the glosses. They used to be somewhat thick and gloppy. The packaging had actually IMPROVED. It was cheap, and the colors weren't made easily visible.

• 3 months later...

The Hard Candy primer is very good :)

I personally just prefer kaolin clay mixed with my hydra renewal l'oreal facial lotion.

If you can get your hands on some powder kaolin clay, you'll find that it is an EXCELLENT primer!

(almost better then smashbox's photo finish but If you can't afford smashbox I really do think the Hard Candy is a wonderful alternative, unfortunately it doesn't come in corrective tints :( )

Edited by asphyxian_doll

I wigged out when I saw Hard Candy for the first time. I bought one of their eyeshadow sticks and a tube of mascara. My issue with mascara was that my eyes would nearly immediately start watering and it'd sting, etc. Hard Candy doesnt do that unless I hit my eyeball with the stick. So props for Hard Candy being the only brand of mascara I'd willingly use.

As for the eyeshadow stick, I love it but it's like lipstick for the eyelid. It creases, and I dont use primers so the creasing issue is my fault. But, I put a layer of regular eyeshadow from another brand on top of it and it seems to do the trick, at least for as long as I'd like it to. I used the eyeshadow stick and Bloody Mary's red eyeshadow for Hallowe'en makeup at the haunted house I work at and it totally did the necessary duties.

Price-wise, it's not as bad as what some brands could be (but I use cover girl and wet'n'wild all the time, ELF being a recent favourite of mine).

I freaking like it and the colours are pretty vibrant. =3

I wigged out when I saw Hard Candy for the first time. I bought one of their eyeshadow sticks and a tube of mascara. My issue with mascara was that my eyes would nearly immediately start watering and it'd sting, etc. Hard Candy doesnt do that unless I hit my eyeball with the stick. So props for Hard Candy being the only brand of mascara I'd willingly use.

As for the eyeshadow stick, I love it but it's like lipstick for the eyelid. It creases, and I dont use primers so the creasing issue is my fault. But, I put a layer of regular eyeshadow from another brand on top of it and it seems to do the trick, at least for as long as I'd like it to. I used the eyeshadow stick and Bloody Mary's red eyeshadow for Hallowe'en makeup at the haunted house I work at and it totally did the necessary duties.

Price-wise, it's not as bad as what some brands could be (but I use cover girl and wet'n'wild all the time, ELF being a recent favourite of mine).

I freaking like it and the colours are pretty vibrant. =3

Glad to see ya back!

• 1 month later...

Figured I'd add another thing....

Their 5-colour eyeshadow palettes that come with the eyeshadow primer:

I havent used the primer but based on the several days in a ROW that I've worn the eyeshadow, it freaking rocks. The colours blend amazingly and there's no damn creasing! I wear this eyeshadow to work and it looks hot!

I think I'm going to get more of this stuff once finances permit. I love this brand. /rave

• 7 months later...