Where does your "look" come from?

Raev

• 2 weeks later...

I don't wanna talk about this, but whatever.

Since I hate people so much, because they copy my shit, when I was the ONLY one back in fucking MIDDLE school wearing all black, and they totally stole my style, I wear many different things. I've gone through many different phases of dress and I don't think I'm quite done just yet, either.

Originally, when I was eleven or so, I really liked The Cure. No, I loved them. I just adored Robert Smith, so I wore eyeliner and black clothes, dyed my hair black. Then my look changed as the days went by. I eventually turned into this grungy-punk girl, which I still think was the most awesomee.

Sometime in between there I fell in love with the band Rancid, and wanted to bang them all, so I just dressed like them. I had this vest that I covered with studs and patches. I wore plaid skirts and black pLeather tall boots. (I was so cool, gosh)

Stupid mom wouldn't let me dye my hair crazyy colors back when, so I used hair paint of all colors, and wore that shit everyday.

Then for, just a moment, I was into this skater bullshit, mixed with like.. grunge-punk-idk what really, I wore men's dress and work pants cut off at the knees or those bondage pants and knee high striped/plaid/anything socks with Vans or DCs.

THEN, my house burned down, and I lost EVERYTHING I ever owned. I was pissed at life, so I turned into this like jean and black tank-wearing *girl* which I still sorta am now. Then I dressed a bit like a hippy or something, still not sure on that one. I wore tye-dyed shirts and bell-bottoms.

Now, I've been dressing more - professional? - with all black sweaters and dress pants.

I don't really know, but I've always dressed as differently from the people around me as I could with the very little money I had/have. And, there were other things I did for brief periods, but obviously they are not so noteworthy.

Didn't expect all that, huh?

lol

I don't wanna talk about this, but whatever.

Since I hate people so much, because they copy my shit, when I was the ONLY one back in fucking MIDDLE school wearing all black, and they totally stole my style, I wear many different things. I've gone through many different phases of dress and I don't think I'm quite done just yet, either.

Originally, when I was eleven or so, I really liked The Cure. No, I loved them. I just adored Robert Smith, so I wore eyeliner and black clothes, dyed my hair black. Then my look changed as the days went by. I eventually turned into this grungy-punk girl, which I still think was the most awesomee.

Sometime in between there I fell in love with the band Rancid, and wanted to bang them all, so I just dressed like them. I had this vest that I covered with studs and patches. I wore plaid skirts and black pLeather tall boots. (I was so cool, gosh)

Stupid mom wouldn't let me dye my hair crazyy colors back when, so I used hair paint of all colors, and wore that shit everyday.

Then for, just a moment, I was into this skater bullshit, mixed with like.. grunge-punk-idk what really, I wore men's dress and work pants cut off at the knees or those bondage pants and knee high striped/plaid/anything socks with Vans or DCs.

THEN, my house burned down, and I lost EVERYTHING I ever owned. I was pissed at life, so I turned into this like jean and black tank-wearing *girl* which I still sorta am now. Then I dressed a bit like a hippy or something, still not sure on that one. I wore tye-dyed shirts and bell-bottoms.

Now, I've been dressing more - professional? - with all black sweaters and dress pants.

I don't really know, but I've always dressed as differently from the people around me as I could with the very little money I had/have. And, there were other things I did for brief periods, but obviously they are not so noteworthy.

Didn't expect all that, huh?

lol

...indeed I did...

.....it is very similar to a rant I had delivered back in the very early 90's...

...I was told it was similar to a rant an older friend gave in the late 70's...

..now, I keep several looks that are interchangeable...

...back in the day (about 10 years ago) I fused a whole bunch of tie-dye into my wardrobe, it was too black...then, all these kids started showin' up with day-glow-every-things...& these hippy-kiddz started being converted all over, & I am not a hippy, & so, hate being called one; on most occasions...I let my tie-dye dwindle...I plan to make the new, in Spring..."just not the normal colours" ;)

..recently (last year) I took to wearing my bathrobe as clergy garb..THAT, is how pissed that I have gotten over peoples biting styles...

.....lately, I have taken to the suit coat & tie, with my normally military bottoms...it has a certain flair with the mohawk.....& was accused of biting some one else's corporate-style... :no I'm not 1 drop cooperate...I've been pimpin' out the 'Masonic-Militant'...& encourage other Brothers to follow suit ;)

(free-pun)

You shoulda' seen Raev & I at the Witching Hour Show...we were all spank-n-spiff...

...I say, keep rockin', & don't worry about when the trends follow you...just throw that outfit you saw a knock off of in K-mart last week, in the back of the closet for about 3 to 4 years...& THEY, will forget about them, & you can retain your unique-quality...

...& we can't say we brought it back...where we are, it never left
:jamin

This is the correct motorcycle.

My look evolved from a constant evolution, trying new stuff, keeping what worked and putting aside what did not. In a very dark period a few years ago, I listened to a lot of Combichrist because I kind of wanted the entire world to be destroyed in a nuclear holocaust (as I recall, this was also a childhood dream) after what I had experienced. And so, I styled myself after what I felt a post-apocalyptic warrior girl would look like over the years. Along way I tried several other flavors of Goth, but ultimately, it's the ruins of Detroit and the simple fact that looking like I've woke up the last days of civilization comes easier than say fetishgoth or steampunk. Of course, as a Discordian and subject to extreme randomness, anything is possible and evolution will be constant.

So, naturally, I gravitated towards dark colors, military surplus for accessories, stompy boots, ren faire patterns and gypsy-style layering with one or two worn elegant items like a corset or chain mail. It all makes sense if you're supposed to be dressed like a wanderer in a war after your hometown gets toasted. The military stuff can be pulled off the dead. The tech level gets pushed back to medieval/renaissance levels with a few steam elements thrown in. The elegant stuff is a throwback to the former times of glory. And the stompy boots? Why not? The future is too open for it to be pinned down in such a way for some fashionista to say this is how it should look.

I like the extreme mods like implants, ear pointing and scarification over piercings (of which I have three in my face and that's it) and tattoos (of which I have two). Why? The heavier mods tend to be a bit rarer, but I simply like the rare, the strange, the odd, the unusual and the extreme. I've only met one person ever with pointed ears or a double bridge piercing in person, but I've been at parties where there were at least four (including myself) with split tongues. That kind of spurred me on in going beyond. In a year, I have the potential to take my 2nd generation equivalent horns to 5th generation, which is 7/8" tall. Only Louie the Mexicant Mutant and a small number of others would have larger horns.

By the way, I travel with a freakshow. It's not work, but a lifestyle. Circus colors, random shiny pieces of steel and goth fabrics (and vice versus) are what are merging to form my new look for the next season.

Edited by anametamystik

This is the correct motorcycle.

My look evolved from a constant evolution, trying new stuff, keeping what worked and what did not. In a very dark period a few years ago, I listened to a lot of Combichrist because I kind of wanted the entire world to be destroyed in a nuclear holocaust (as I recall, this was also a childhood dream) after what I had experienced. And so, I styled myself after what I felt a post-apocalyptic warrior girl would look like over the years. Along way I tried several other flavors of Goth, but ultimately, it's the ruins of Detroit and the simple fact that looking like I've woke up the last days of civilization comes easier than say fetishgoth or steampunk. Of course, as a Discordian and subject to extreme randomness, anything is possible and evolution will be constant.

So, naturally, I gravitated towards dark colors, military surplus for accessories, stompy boots, ren faire patterns and gypsy-style layering with one or two worn elegant items like a corset or chain mail. It all makes sense if you're supposed to be dressed like a wanderer in a war after your hometown gets toasted. The military stuff can be pulled off the dead. The tech level gets pushed back to medieval/renaissance levels with a few steam elements thrown in. The elegant stuff is a throwback to the former times of glory. And the stompy boots? Why not? The future is too open for it to be pinned down in such a way for some fashionista to say this is how it should look.

I like the extreme mods like implants, ear pointing and scarification over piercings (of which I have three in my face and that's it) and tattoos (of which I have two). Why? The heavier mods tend to be a bit rarer, but I simply like the rare, the strange, the odd, the unusual and the extreme. I've only met one person ever with pointed ears or a double bridge piercing in person, but I've been at parties where there were at least four (including myself) with split tongues. That kind of spurred me on in going beyond. In a year, I have the potential to take my 2nd generation equivalent horns to 5th generation, which is 7/8" tall. Only Louie the Mexicant Mutant and a small number of others would have larger horns.

By the way, I travel with a freakshow. It's not work, but a lifestyle. Circus colors, random shiny pieces of steel and goth fabrics (and vice versus) are what are merging to form my new look for the next season.

I love you, Chica :happy:

You really do have a great style.. So unique :yes

You shoulda' seen Raev & I at the Witching Hour Show...we were all spank-n-spiff...

I was at the same place when Raev was getting ready for The Witching Hour. :yes

...I say, keep rockin', & don't worry about when the trends follow you...just throw that outfit you saw a knock off of in K-mart last week, in the back of the closet for about 3 to 4 years...& THEY, will forget about them, & you can retain your unique-quality...

Good idea. But, man, people really piss me off sometimes. No I lied, they piss me off a lot of the time.

Edited by AmieLamie

• 4 weeks later...

I was at the same place when Raev was getting ready for The Witching Hour. :yes

Good idea. But, man, people really piss me off sometimes. No I lied, they piss me off a lot of the time.

That's so sweet of you to help!

...&..yeah, :dry: ME TOO... :p

...my look today:

From wars around the world...to keep me warm. :harhar:

• 2 weeks later...

I base alot of what I wear off of an anime-style look. Like, I can go around dressed as a bondage-style Naruto in public sometimes and not worry about it. I've gone around as Chii from Chobits wearing belts and chains and submission collars with ropes.

I'm big on what amuses people. And any anime fans I can make friends with because they recognize it really makes my day. :D

• 6 months later...

Ghetto-goth, that sounds like what my style is. ghetto from the waste down, goth and fascist military from the waste up, ...oh, and lesbian punkrocker for my shoes:

i wear a lot of Ecko jeans and such for pants (not sagged tho, yuck) ...still dig wearin' the old baggy kikwear and all that once in awhile; usually black t-shirts with black button up longsleeve shirts over 'em from Lip Service and such, almost always got sleeves or fishnet shirts and a chain collar with a skeleton key on it; and for boots, its generally doc martens, vietnam jungle boots, or police issue combat jump boots... i hate white socks, and love black tattoos.

... so i dont know what to call it, maybe: police state rivet-macabre G, or: gothug? (goth+thug) ...i don't know why i wear what i wear, or what its called... hell sometimes i just wear slacks and a blazer, i dont have any fashion sense... i wore a trashbag once as a raincoat.

I usually am very basic.

Black spiked hair.

Black T-shirt, usually on the more fitted side. Probably of a band or obscure movie. Or long sleeve shirt with the same stuff on it, depending on how hot it is.

Black baggier pants, be they jeans, dress pants, whatev.

Black shoes or stompy boots (depending on where in going).

Or if its for an occasion, usually steampunky.

I'll let everyone in on a little secret I harbour (but am most willing to divulge to inquiring minds).

My manus (you know...protein growths from my finger tips): It was not until two years back when I decided to quit my nasty habit of biting them off. Now, you might notice a distinctive shape, and draw many conclusions from that. The inspiration I drew upon was a Gustave Flaubert novel, in descriptioning the title character of "Madame Bovary": neatly filed nails trimmed into an almond shape.

Sure, some are put off, some are jealous, and some go to great lengths to hide their distaste under the guise of petty lies. The genes I have inherited, along with a healthy diet allow me to grow them without the use of horrid "treatments" (I should know, I work in a drugstore cosmetics department).

In closing, I do so because I can!

• 3 weeks later...