What Are You Thinking?

StormKnight

11 hours ago, TronRP said:

Someone/thing had a sense of humor yesterday.

After returning home last night, somewhere around 9pm, I tried to boot up my computer to take care of some last minute business.  Yeah, that didn't happen.  My computer kept beeping a strange 3 note then 4 note tune every time I tried to use my startup configuration.  Then I had to wait 1 hour before it finally booted up.  The screen settings were so jacked up, I would have needed 4 monitors to see everything.  I reset the preferences and rebooted...I was back to square one around 1:30am this morning.

Finally, I decided to do crazy keypunch.  I got my single beep, waited and an hour later it booted up again.  Unfortunately, I was so exhausted I passed out before I could check anything and the computer went back into sleep mode around 4am.  I decided to leave it alone until I was more awake to deal with it and went to sleep.

When I woke up, I realized this last time, the computer was frozen and had not entered sleep mode.  around 7am, I hit the button that I normally use to power it off, but instead, it did a reboot.  Once booted, I used the software to shut it down.  I got the kids their breakfast and came back to try everything again. 

I decided to try something different which confirmed my suspicions.  The shutdown button is now the restart button.  The restart button does nothing by itself.  The keyboard wake up only works once the reset button is pushed.  And the computer shuts down after 15 minutes of inactivity instead of going into screen saver mode.  I'm like WHA....!!! :blink:

At the same time I was working on my computer last night, I had to reset the accounts associated with my "smart" (and I use the term loosely) phone.  The software kept trying to access account preferences that didn't exist.  I ended up uninstalling the majority of the "updates" just to allow the phone to have basic functionality without fussing about "low internal storage" issues or trying to log into an account whose settings called for a continuous "retry".

All in all, Eclipse Day left me with a lot of tech issues...that are currently resolved, for the moment...until the next set of "updates".

...reeeally not looking forward to that...:dry:

Some signs are feeling effects of the eclipse more than others. You being an Aquarius are among those affected to a larger degree.  Oh, fun idea. Have you ever done a natal chart?

Edited by kat

13 hours ago, kat said:

Some signs are feeling effects of the eclipse more than others. You being an Aquarius are among those affected to a larger degree.  Oh, fun idea. Have you ever done a natal chart?

Interesting observation given that we spent the entire day at Moe's house having an Eclipse Day / House Closing pizza party.  It was rather impromptu since the realtor took so long to arrive.  All of my technical issues happened at the house while we were out.

But to answer your question, no I have never had a "natal chart" done.  I'll have to research what that is.

9 minutes ago, TronRP said:

Interesting observation given that we spent the entire day at Moe's house having an Eclipse Day / House Closing pizza party.  It was rather impromptu since the realtor took so long to arrive.  All of my technical issues happened at the house while we were out.

But to answer your question, no I have never had a "natal chart" done.  I'll have to research what that is.

Oh yea and congrats to Moe. I think she had posted a pic of the house on fb and its really pretty!

2 minutes ago, TronRP said:

We're now at the "hurry up and wait" period.

Fingers crossed on that waiting. I remember when my ex and I bought our old house. It was a very exciting but stressful time and all that god awful paperwork will drive you to drink! Lol

What is stopping me from laying on a traintrack and just napping? I have 9 days and no resources but I'm supposed to start this new job an hour away now which I am happy for but the car steering rack and pinion finally broke today. I almost got hit by a truck and alost ran into the little bridge over here. I couldn't get it to steer the tires where making there own decisions. I'm so fucking sick of this shit. I'm sick of myself. Then this dumbass told me if I don't um sleep with him basically um he gave me am ultimatum I mean wtf so I'm trying to leave before I lose it 100 percent. I can't stand this. He told me it wasn't like that in the beginning he was just trying to help a friend and blah blah blah. I would rather kill myself than let him touch me but where can I go!! I can't even live in the car now because its broke outside his apartment. Wtf wtf wtf. Why!!!!! What's the point. I keep saying the same thing. No shelters..I'm stranded in this little area where there's no bus, no friends. I don't wanna kill myself but I can't fix all this alone. I need help and I hate it. Why haven't I killed myself nobody has this much bullshit and actually still tries to come back up ftom it. Why do I? I'm still the piece of shit I've been all my life anyway.   

I know why I really can't stay with my mother. She is on the verge of a breakdown because she's terrified of my brother officially joining the DPD. He will be done with academy in about a month and I'm afraid she is making it harder for him by freaking out. I can't blame her because I'm worried to but my brother wants this. I wish she was ok.  

I can't fix it this time. I can't feel anything. I just want to die. Not figuratively. I just want to close my eyes and let my life leave my body and free everyone from the burden I have bestowed on them. That way my mom can wallow in her misery, my sister can have more reasons to feel entitled to sympathy and getting away with anything and everything, and my ex husband gets me out of the picture and can gave his wish of me never being the mother I am supposed to be. The only person that will care is my daughter but she's strong. She'll do better without my drama and bullshit.  

I tried I took all my klonopin 2 days ago and it didn't even make me sleep. My kid come here to see me today she couldn't stand my moms energy. She stayed five minutes her friend couldn't handle being in the house. I got raped when I was 15 and that so called friend and his behavior triggered something bad. My mom keeps telling me to shut up she can't handle life anyway. I want to go away.  There's a place in Pontiac. I need to go there now. I need to go before I hurt myself badly.

Edited by kat

I was wide awake this morning.  Maybe because it is the first day of school.  Unfortunately, I barely got any sleep last night due to still familiarizing myself with my computer's new workings just to take care of stuff that used to take only a few minutes.  However, I am happy that I actually took my nephew in to school today.  Turns out that my negotiating on his behalf and making him get out of here to summer school paid off!  He actually passed and is now in seventh grade this school year!!!

YAY!!!

snoopy_happy_dance 051613.jpg

Paperwork...it's just so much unnecessary paperwork.  They already have all of this information on file, but I suppose that "legally" they are not allowed to use it so here we go again.  And on top of all that, court parking is $20 unless I walk 6 miles (3 there and 3 back to where I parked).

Why...just WHY!!!!

*cry, cry*

4 hours ago, TronRP said:

Paperwork...it's just so much unnecessary paperwork.  They already have all of this information on file, but I suppose that "legally" they are not allowed to use it so here we go again.  And on top of all that, court parking is $20 unless I walk 6 miles (3 there and 3 back to where I parked).

Why...just WHY!!!!

*cry, cry*

I'll double check but when Ian's mom went to court she parked in the Millender center and it has a skywalk to the courts.  Parking was $10.

14 hours ago, Draco1958 said:

I'll double check but when Ian's mom went to court she parked in the Millender center and it has a skywalk to the courts.  Parking was $10.

I'm just frustrated because this process usually involves me going down to the court house anywhere from 3-5 times in one month to process all of this stuff that they already have from the previous year.

Before our mother retired from BCBSM, parking used to be free.  Over the years, I've parked in all of the surrounding structures as well as caught some of the "Early Bird" parking in the privately owned lots.

It's just frustrating that the court won't go digital because a major part of the money the municipality makes comes from it's public parking structures, private lots and metered parking spaces.  And by making people HAVE to present paperwork in person, vs. digital, vendors in the surrounding area benefit from the foot traffic.  So me being a hermit with a people phobia, will always be swimming against the tide of a losing battle. 

:confused:

OK, I know I talk a lot so I've gotten used to people picking and choosing what they hear from me, but earlier, I had the most interesting response to a statement I had made during a conversation regarding computers.

Me:  I've been building computers since 2002.

Them:  If you ever have a problem with your computer just bring it to me.

Me:  :blink:

:rofl:

1 minute ago, TronRP said:

OK, I know I talk a lot so I've gotten used to people picking and choosing what they hear from me, but earlier, I had the most interesting response to a statement I had made during a conversation regarding computers.

Me:  I've been building computers since 2002.

Them:  If you ever have a problem with your computer just bring it to me.

Me:  :blink:

:rofl:

Maybe the person differentiates between building and trouble shooting?  Personally I see you like me, can build and trouble shoot and repair although I know I still can use help but I believe you 99% won't need help.

• TronRP locked this topic
  • TronRP unpinned and pinned this topic
  • TronRP unpinned this topic
  • TronRP pinned this topic