What Are You Thinking?

StormKnight

1 hour ago, kat said:

Seriously considering leaving. I'm homeless here anyway so if I'm going to start over why not go somewhere else? If this job falls through I have a new idea. Yea, I'm scared but either way it's scary. 

Hon  you take yourself with you wherever you go. A new place doesn't change that.  Plus you do have a lot of friends  and kids here, in a new place you will have little to none.   The problem isn't with the area.  Its just bad luck and your situation.  It sucks I know.  But it will be harder not easier in a new place.  I've thought about moving, but then when I go over the details of what that includes and what I won't have when I get there, the net result is... move when you are stable, not when you are in a bad situation.   You need MORE money and such when you move to a new place so that you don't end up even worse off.   Georgraphy only helps  well off people get "different scenery" for us not so rich people its a huge burden to move to a new place and try and re-establish...   EVERYTHING.     

Regardless.... *hugs*

I just can't get over the fact that I've been asking if any packages have come for nearly a week.  Yesterday, my niece saw the UPS guy and my nephew ran past a stack of boxes as tall as he is and neither child said a word.

It's so upsetting that everyone I have ever met at the doctor's offices, who do home care, receive twice as much as I do and get paid on a set payday.  NOT ME...I first have to prove that I have actually taken care of the person in my charge by sending in a monthly record of my activities and then I only get paid what they feel people in my area would receive, salary wise which they believe to be "just below poverty".  How did they come up with this system?  When I was cleared for this position, I was an Automotive Administrative Assistant and Building Maintenance Operator for an international corporation in Farmington Hills.  Now my monthly billpay is at the mercy of whenever the caseworker gets my paperwork and has time to process my payment...wow.  :huh:

WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON THIS MONTH!!!!

First I've been given more hoops to jump through to get paid.  Now the Direct Deposit system has issued me the wrong account information.  I have no idea who this stuff is for and calling doesn't help because no one knows anything or the system is fully automated.  Stuff expires in a few days and I have NO corporate assistance.

I'm just gonna sit here, breath and give up for a little while...:dry:

21 minutes ago, kat said:

I have bad news but I have better news also. The better news is I passed the background check and will get the official job offer tomorrow. The bad news I have carpal tunnel in my left hand, but who doesn't, right? 

So this means your right hand does all the work?

On 8/14/2017 at 4:56 PM, Moe Falcon said:

Yes it was to you. This is where we were stuck waiting for a parked train. Call me when you're ready or I'll call you when Jessica calls me. orr whatever..

train.jpg:blink:

Dang... :mad:

Be nice if they warned people ahead of time.

Edited by Trene4000

Someone/thing had a sense of humor yesterday.

After returning home last night, somewhere around 9pm, I tried to boot up my computer to take care of some last minute business.  Yeah, that didn't happen.  My computer kept beeping a strange 3 note then 4 note tune every time I tried to use my startup configuration.  Then I had to wait 1 hour before it finally booted up.  The screen settings were so jacked up, I would have needed 4 monitors to see everything.  I reset the preferences and rebooted...I was back to square one around 1:30am this morning.

Finally, I decided to do crazy keypunch.  I got my single beep, waited and an hour later it booted up again.  Unfortunately, I was so exhausted I passed out before I could check anything and the computer went back into sleep mode around 4am.  I decided to leave it alone until I was more awake to deal with it and went to sleep.

When I woke up, I realized this last time, the computer was frozen and had not entered sleep mode.  around 7am, I hit the button that I normally use to power it off, but instead, it did a reboot.  Once booted, I used the software to shut it down.  I got the kids their breakfast and came back to try everything again. 

I decided to try something different which confirmed my suspicions.  The shutdown button is now the restart button.  The restart button does nothing by itself.  The keyboard wake up only works once the reset button is pushed.  And the computer shuts down after 15 minutes of inactivity instead of going into screen saver mode.  I'm like WHA....!!! :blink:

At the same time I was working on my computer last night, I had to reset the accounts associated with my "smart" (and I use the term loosely) phone.  The software kept trying to access account preferences that didn't exist.  I ended up uninstalling the majority of the "updates" just to allow the phone to have basic functionality without fussing about "low internal storage" issues or trying to log into an account whose settings called for a continuous "retry".

All in all, Eclipse Day left me with a lot of tech issues...that are currently resolved, for the moment...until the next set of "updates".

...reeeally not looking forward to that...:dry:

• TronRP locked this topic
  • TronRP unpinned and pinned this topic
  • TronRP unpinned this topic
  • TronRP pinned this topic