What Are You Thinking?

StormKnight

After the series of fires we've experienced, our friend's house down the street, the burning car in the alley almost in my backyard, and the burning car in my mother's front yard two feet from my sister's front porch, I had been concerned the next fire would be inside. Tuesday night I had terrible dreams about a fire in the house. When I woke up, I kept telling myself that GOD wouldn't allow it to do any damage. HE's protected us this far.  After a while I forgot about it.  Wednesday afternoon I was cooking and having a great time laughing with Brian. I accidentally splashed meat fat onto the corner of the stove which ignited. The flames were a beautiful gold and orange. I didn't panic, I just felt this sense of everything is fine and continued cooking. The fire burned itself out. (Brian's expression was priceless when the flames wooshed into existence.) It wasn't until this morning, Thursday, that I realized I set the stove on fire. A fire inside the house. A grease fire at that, but GOD kept me calm and the flames didn't spread, despite burning up the side of the pot and me wearing long sleeves. I, a person who has feared fire since burning my forehead as a small child on a candle, did not panic? I had to chuckle at that.

"...neither shall the flame kindle upon thee." Isaiah 43:2

I mean maybe it's a coincidence that the management company's main complex was destroyed by fire only about three weeks after they sent everyone fliers to get rental insurance. ...again, and their past problems in NYC but um...red flags were going off when they bought the place. Not to mention that they don't know what or who is actually paying the rent and are giving one girl a 300 dollar a month discount,  yea, and they don't fix nothing.  Hmm,  insurance scam? Except 6 people are injured one critical. .that is effed up. 

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.mlive.com/v1/articles/20274379/residents_jumped_from_balconie.amp

Edited by kat

I saw the Big Dipper for the first time in my life last night. It shocked the daylights out of me. Opening the back door and seeing this gigantic constellation in the backyard. I have never had glasses strong enough to let me see that constellation before. A few years ago I finally saw a meteor shower and now the Big Dipper. Technology really does change things... sometimes for the better. :happy:

I think some sleep would be nice...you're cute, but playing fetch for 3 hours straight, half delirious on auto pilot, in the middle of the night...is just wrong!

Yeah, I'm talking to you Tawny...

Now that my taxes are out of the way...for now (I will receive an email letting me know if they were accepted or not, but that's for another time) I can focus on getting back to handling real world issues.

18 minutes ago, TronRP said:

In my defense, my house is not messy, this is all legitimate trash...

My house looks like someone either just moved in or is moving out.  Also,  dishes, it's like the more I wash the faster they dirty,  like someone is breaking in and cooking while I'm away and leaving dirty dish evidence but no leftovers. 

Edited by kat

Seriously if someone calls me Kathy today I am going to post a picture of an actual cat on my door or a St. Katherine image or a sign like no smoking except instead of a cigarette being crossed out it's going to be the name,  Kathy!

Edited by kat

Hmmm, I woke up to someone leading me to the kitchen to show me the dishes were all done! They must love me. Lol

And thank you for that and for clearing my car yesterday,  heating it up for me, bringing me coffee and cigarettes,  damn! You do a lot of random nice things.   That's awesome and appreciated. 

Edited by kat

On 3/14/2017 at 8:22 AM, kat said:

Seriously if someone calls me Kathy today I am going to post a picture of an actual cat on my door or a St. Katherine image or a sign like no smoking except instead of a cigarette being crossed out it's going to be the name,  Kathy!

You look more like a Mandi. Kathy is like a middle aged aunt.

The woman who is the shipping clerk is off this week. She is fantastic and extremely organized. This week has been a headache because none of her full ins know how to do her job. On monday they weren't sure how to load me. Yesterday they shutdown all of the docks because they couldn't process my paperwork.

10 hours ago, kat said:

Hmmm, I woke up to someone leading me to the kitchen to show me the dishes were all done! They must love me. Lol

And thank you for that and for clearing my car yesterday,  heating it up for me, bringing me coffee and cigarettes,  damn! You do a lot of random nice things.   That's awesome and appreciated. 

You're welcome! I love you. I want to make sure you're taken care of and not stressed out.

It'd be really nice to be on the same schedule as Mandi. It kind of sucks seeing her get off work on Friday and then having to go to work for the night. I sleep in late on Saturday and then she has to go to bed early on Sunday. It makes it hard to do stuff on the weekend. I do like that we see each other before and after work though.

• TronRP locked this topic
  • TronRP unpinned and pinned this topic
  • TronRP unpinned this topic
  • TronRP pinned this topic