What Are You Thinking?

StormKnight

My how the times have changed.  My niece was looking up a bus schedule so she can find a bus she doesn't have to wait for...:blink:

I remember standing on the bus stop at Cadillac and Harper, in the middle of winter, for a bus that always took an hour to show up.  So it was either wait the hour for a bus that may or may not have shown up or walk the hour home.  My niece lives 90 seconds from the bus stop and one comes every 15 to 20 minutes like clockwork.

She says she doesn't want to wait outside because it's so cold...:confused:

17 hours ago, TronRP said:

My how the times have changed.  My niece was looking up a bus schedule so she can find a bus she doesn't have to wait for...:blink:

I remember standing on the bus stop at Cadillac and Harper, in the middle of winter, for a bus that always took an hour to show up.  So it was either wait the hour for a bus that may or may not have shown up or walk the hour home.  My niece lives 90 seconds from the bus stop and one comes every 15 to 20 minutes like clockwork.

She says she doesn't want to wait outside because it's so cold...:confused:

Kids these days. We now live in a world of instant gratification. No wonder patience is no longer looked at as a virtue.

13 hours ago, zurgous said:

Kids these days. We now live in a world of instant gratification. No wonder patience is no longer looked at as a virtue.

I hear you...and sadly, young folks act as though they are proud of the way they are making the world.

Now I see why all the Tax Filing commercials are picking on Turbo Tax.  I've been using them since 2008, but this year it's like they have lost their minds. 

Filing starts at Free

Self-Employed Filing = $89.99

To add State = $39.99

To continue add MAX Assist & Defend = $59.99

This means I would have to agree to a charge of $189.97 and I haven't even entered any of my financial data yet.

:huh:

13 hours ago, TronRP said:

Now I see why all the Tax Filing commercials are picking on Turbo Tax.  I've been using them since 2008, but this year it's like they have lost their minds. 

Filing starts at Free

Self-Employed Filing = $89.99

To add State = $39.99

To continue add MAX Assist & Defend = $59.99

This means I would have to agree to a charge of $189.97 and I haven't even entered any of my financial data yet.

:huh:

Are you using the Turbo Tax Freedom edition?  Not sure if it does itemization forms and such for free.  I know it does state and federal for free.

On 2/4/2017 at 4:16 AM, Draco1958 said:

I must have pissed off God or Goddess or someone.  Went to get roommate from work at 2am.  Just got home after having to call a friend for a ride home.  Seems halfway there tire goes flat.  My other roommate was with me.  It was a fight but he was able to gets the lug nuts loosened.  But couldn't find a good point on the body to raise the car.  Then the car shifted and bent up the damn jack.  So the car is sitting in a store parking lot, cops have been notified so they don't tow it away.  The shop is closed today so they won't complain.  So all that is left is to find a tow truck we can afford and get it to a tire shop.  And of course it happens to be a friggin cold ass night.  What's next?  Who did I piss off?  How to I fix it with whoever or whatever I made angry.  Makes me want to just stay in bed and say fuck it.

I know a bit of how you are feeling. I just had a flat tire two days in a row. They didn't fix it right the first time. Grrr.

• TronRP locked this topic
  • TronRP unpinned and pinned this topic
  • TronRP unpinned this topic
  • TronRP pinned this topic