What Are You Thinking?

StormKnight

Three hours later and I'm still plugging away at handling account after account.  My technical brain is ecstatic, but my logical brain thinks it's time to take a break...oh, the conflict of interest....

I declare you can't script this stuff.  

Power went out yesterday evening around 6:50pm and was restored at 2:08am this morning.  I started to leave the house to go reset all the houses, but I got delayed.  At 2:20am a drunk driver took out the stop sign at the end of the block with his car, sped down the sidewalk, clipped Trene's front fence, did a sideways drift through our neighbor's yard, completely ripped out the the front fence at the HomeHouse and wedged himself under the side of my front porch.  I am located 6 residential lots from the alley and I was the only house that got HIT!!!

The guy is lucky to be alive because, due to him hitting Trene's fence and going into a slight spin, the pole that went through his front passenger side window and out the driver's side back door window, missed his head by 2 feet.  He was too out of his mind to understand what the officer meant when she told him he was lucky to be alive.

After four different squad cars came to witness the carnage first hand, they ordered a tow truck.  When the truck began moving the wreckage, it caught fire 3 feet from my front porch.  

large.588c71c00a023_CarFire012817.jpg

Needless to say, the pets and I evacuated until the fire truck showed up and the firefighters put out the blaze.  I will head out when the sun comes up to asses the damage and start preparations for work. 

:confused:

5 hours ago, TronRP said:

Power went out yesterday evening around 6:50pm and was restored at 2:08am this morning.  I started to leave the house to go reset all the houses, but I got delayed.  At 2:20am a drunk driver took out the stop sign at the end of the block with his car, sped down the sidewalk, clipped Trene's front fence, did a sideways drift through our neighbor's yard, completely ripped out the the front fence at the HomeHouse and wedged himself under the side of my front porch.  I am located 6 residential lots from the alley and I was the only house that got HIT!!!

The guy is lucky to be alive because, due to him hitting Trene's fence and going into a slight spin, the pole that went through his front passenger side window and out the driver's side back door window, missed his head by 2 feet.  He was too out of his mind to understand what the officer meant when she told him he was lucky to be alive.

After four different squad cars came to witness the carnage first hand, they ordered a tow truck.  When the truck began moving the wreckage, it caught fire 3 feet from my front porch.  

Needless to say, the pets and I evacuated until the fire truck showed up and the firefighters put out the blaze.  I will head out when the sun comes up to asses the damage and start preparations for work. 

Glad you are all safe.  My sister lives next to a bar on a hill, the bar is right next door but it's a steep hill so it's hard to explain.  They had a drunk driver leave the bar and end up jumping his truck off the edge of the parking lot , go through the front porch and land in their dining room.  I feel like we are going to have to deal with breathalyzers in every car soon because of stupid drunk drivers like this.

5 hours ago, TronRP said:

Thankfully you all are safe. This is beyond scary. I hope you guys get compensation for the damages. I hope that person who did this is thanking their God today as well as the DPD. :grouphug

4 hours ago, michael840 said:

Glad you are all safe.  My sister lives next to a bar on a hill, the bar is right next door but it's a steep hill so it's hard to explain.  They had a drunk driver leave the bar and end up jumping his truck off the edge of the parking lot , go through the front porch and land in their dining room.  I feel like we are going to have to deal with breathalyzers in every car soon because of stupid drunk drivers like this.

4 hours ago, kat said:

Thankfully you all are safe. This is beyond scary. I hope you guys get compensation for the damages. I hope that person who did this is thanking their God today as well as the DPD. :grouphug

I am glad it was only material damage, because it could have been worse.  Unfortunately, now my house gives this "abandoned property" look...:hrhr:

large.588d01eb85eb8_Holeinporch012817.jpg

I need to get Kat out of this place. Today I had to go to the store and purchase an extension chord just to keep the Fridge running. The fuse is broken in the fuse panel. Kat has told me that other renters have had sparks and fire shoot out of their outlets. I'm scared for our safety. They charge too much to put up with this bullshit. I maybe crazy but I'm going to move us out this week and start and new job simultaneously but it will be worth it!

On 1/28/2017 at 5:35 AM, TronRP said:

Glad you're okay!! That had to be traumatic!

AT LAST!!! Finished with all this paperwork!

Been a bit MIA due to multiple payee reports, bill pays and account negotiations.  Now I can let my brain rest for a couple hours then it's time for kid drama.

No one is ever an accident. GOD created each of us for a reason. The enemy tries his best to destroy us, whether in the womb or out. Jesus took the control of death from him. People no longer automatically die. Those who know the truth learn that we who walk in The Word can choose when we want to die. We do not have to have short lives. We are promised "with long life I will satisfy you and show you MY Salvation".

Philipians 1:23

Proverbs 91:16

I know this is true for I am still here despite all the things I've been through.

I must have pissed off God or Goddess or someone.  Went to get roommate from work at 2am.  Just got home after having to call a friend for a ride home.  Seems halfway there tire goes flat.  My other roommate was with me.  It was a fight but he was able to gets the lug nuts loosened.  But couldn't find a good point on the body to raise the car.  Then the car shifted and bent up the damn jack.  So the car is sitting in a store parking lot, cops have been notified so they don't tow it away.  The shop is closed today so they won't complain.  So all that is left is to find a tow truck we can afford and get it to a tire shop.  And of course it happens to be a friggin cold ass night.  What's next?  Who did I piss off?  How to I fix it with whoever or whatever I made angry.  Makes me want to just stay in bed and say fuck it.

• TronRP locked this topic
  • TronRP unpinned and pinned this topic
  • TronRP unpinned this topic
  • TronRP pinned this topic