What Are You Thinking?

StormKnight

Well, at least I wasn't losing my mind...someone has been messing with me.  I got robbed again.  They stole my 150 PSI 20gal Craftsman Compressor from under my concrete enclosed back porch.  It was stored behind 3 creates of bricks and a 100 foot water hose on a wheeled hose dispenser.  Not only did they steal the compressor, they made sure to put everything back EXACTLY the way it was so as not to draw attention.  The only thing is I look under there almost everyday because that's where the Genkan Cat babies play because they feel safe under there.  That's where they were born.

The sad thing is when I was filing the report, around 4pm today, the officer on the line asked me if I had called in earlier.  They still had me listed from when my front porch was broken into.  I feel like just throwing everything out on the front lawn and letting the thieves have at it.  At least that would be easier than trying to keep it.  The compressor was special to me because I bought it with my mother, before she passed, from one of her friends who was moving due to her husband having cancer so they were downsizing.

Since this is the Season of Giving, I hope whoever stole it needed it - no matter what the reason.

To be honest, I'm more worried about losing my house if the junkies in the abandoned house next door accidentally sets the place on fire.  I've been trying to do something about it for 2 years now, but because no one is dead, has been killed, or threatened with violence, it's a "No harm no foul" situation. 

8 minutes ago, TronRP said:

To be honest, I'm more worried about losing my house if the junkies in the abandoned house next door accidentally sets the place on fire.  I've been trying to do something about it for 2 years now, but because no one is dead, has been killed, or threatened with violence, it's a "No harm no foul" situation. 

Call Fox2 news.  Usually when they do a story on something like this the city does something.  The fact you have had the 2 break ins and I am sure at least 1 neighbor may have had a break in, they may cover the story.  Worth a shot.

3 hours ago, TronRP said:

Well, at least I wasn't losing my mind...someone has been messing with me.  I got robbed again.  They stole my 150 PSI 20gal Craftsman Compressor from under my concrete enclosed back porch.  It was stored behind 3 creates of bricks and a 100 foot water hose on a wheeled hose dispenser.  Not only did they steal the compressor, they made sure to put everything back EXACTLY the way it was so as not to draw attention.  The only thing is I look under there almost everyday because that's where the Genkan Cat babies play because they feel safe under there.  That's where they were born.

The sad thing is when I was filing the report, around 4pm today, the officer on the line asked me if I had called in earlier.  They still had me listed from when my front porch was broken into.  I feel like just throwing everything out on the front lawn and letting the thieves have at it.  At least that would be easier than trying to keep it.  The compressor was special to me because I bought it with my mother, before she passed, from one of her friends who was moving due to her husband having cancer so they were downsizing.

Since this is the Season of Giving, I hope whoever stole it needed it - no matter what the reason.

3 hours ago, TronRP said:

I PMed you too but fuck.  *hugs*  Also what draco said believe it or not if you just call all the local stations they do cover this sort of stuff on and off especially if you explain how the cops are terrible and that they thought you were calling again due to them not doing anything about a previous break in.   I had a co-worker when I used to work in detroit do that and they came and shot the video and everything but it never got aired.  Still scared the shit out of the sheriff's office and they helped recover a little bit of her stuff and caught at least 2 of the 3 people they think were involved.  They sent patrols there almost every day as far as I know for the whole rest of the 11 months I worked at that particular site were the woman worked.  What a bunch of crap.  GAH! 

4 hours ago, TronRP said:

I'm sorry you are having to go through this.  If there is someway I can help, let me know.  That kind of stuff is actually one of my big fear about me moving out here.  We didn't have much theft in the country so I was afraid of it happening when I moved closer to a city.  I still keep a pistol in my room ready just in case.  

4 hours ago, Draco1958 said:

Call Fox2 news.  Usually when they do a story on something like this the city does something.  The fact you have had the 2 break ins and I am sure at least 1 neighbor may have had a break in, they may cover the story.  Worth a shot.

25 minutes ago, Troy Spiral said:

I PMed you too but fuck.  *hugs*  Also what draco said believe it or not if you just call all the local stations they do cover this sort of stuff on and off especially if you explain how the cops are terrible and that they thought you were calling again due to them not doing anything about a previous break in.   I had a co-worker when I used to work in detroit do that and they came and shot the video and everything but it never got aired.  Still scared the shit out of the sheriff's office and they helped recover a little bit of her stuff and caught at least 2 of the 3 people they think were involved.  They sent patrols there almost every day as far as I know for the whole rest of the 11 months I worked at that particular site were the woman worked.  What a bunch of crap.  GAH! 

Interestingly, I started to call Crime Stoppers when they first stole my skates and the police said they would patrol the area (which lasted all of 2 hours), but I wasn't sure if I was ready to rock that boat since all the people from the houses in question were watching everything that went on as the cops were interviewing me. (see the How Are You Feeling posts).  As soon as the police left, my neighbors started a fight on my front lawn. I yelled for them to take it back across the street because I didn't feel like dealing with them and being robbed too.  So one of the girls told the guys that were fighting to get off my lawn and then she called the same officers back to the scene. 

All of this stuff with the cops and me getting robbed is almost comical the way it's happening.  Law enforcement can't do anything, the bad guys can do everything and the victim is stuck in the middle trying to stay lawful while wanting to kill someone.

2 minutes ago, TronRP said:

All of this stuff with the cops and me getting robbed is almost comical the way it's happening.  Law enforcement can't do anything, the bad guys can do everything and the victim is stuck in the middle trying to stay lawful while wanting to kill someone.

This is an open carry state.  You just need one of your law abiding, gun owner friends to sit on your front lawn with a side arm.  

I'm not sure what happened or what's going on, but earlier, I contacted the police when all the kids started going into that house.  An officer was there within 4 minutes and reprimanded everyone they called out of the place.  I'm not sure how long this will last, but I was actually able to take care of business today without fearing about my location.

I think I scared a lot of people on this end of the block Tuesday when I threw my tantrum.  Not only was I yelling various...um...phrases at the top of my lungs, a few neighbors witnessed me physically hurling one of those original city distributed 96 gallon garbage cans across my property followed by a 65 gallon Recycling can and multiple 32 gallon garbage cans until I calmed down enough to recompose myself so I could contact the police.  When I stopped throwing stuff, people began leaving the abandoned house one by one.  But as they turned to look in the direction of the carnage, they looked me right in the eyes because they didn't know I was still out there watching the house. :evil:

However, what came next was worthy of a storytelling.

Later that Tuesday evening, as I was doing my security checks, I noticed 3 mid-sized and 2 large unknown SUV's parking on the street as the sun went down.  The only large SUV I recognized was parked in an unusual spot.  So since I had already flipped out earlier, I decided to continue with strange behavior and, for the next 45 minutes, I began slowly lurking up and down the street, staring into all the unknown vehicles and standing in front of various people's properties.  At one point, I stood in the same spot for 15 minutes looking at all the houses.  It was all I could do to not burst out laughing at all the silhouettes of big muscular guys that kept running back and forth to the doors and windows peeping out at this little lone figure in a powder blue hoodie jacket.  I slowly moved forward past two more houses.  And then, as if it were planned, the phone in my pocket rang as I was looking at one of the odd vehicles.  I slowly brought the phone to my ear and began speaking in code and Japanese...I had taken the house intercom handset with me on patrol, so I knew who was on the line.  As I was talking, I could hear people coming out onto their porches, across the street, making loud busy talk to announce their presences, but I kept my head turned away from them.

Once I began moving again, there was a sudden flurry of activity.  Vehicles began pulling up and picking up people from 2 of the houses I was watching and guys came out of those same houses, speaking loudly about a bunch of gibberish, and loaded up in 2 of the mid-sized SUV's and sped off.  By the time I reached the other end of the area I was patrolling, the street had gone silent again.  I was now in the driveway of the vacant house.  I stood motionless for another 10 minutes.  During this time, some of my neighbors started arriving home.  I kept my side to them staring only at the vacant house that had been such a problem.  I heard a lady get out of the car and tell a little kid to hurry and get on the porch.  Then I heard a guy's voice trying to gossip about some lady's daughter being in the large SUV I was standing a few feet away from.  Again it was all I could do to not fall out laughing as I was listening to this nervous quiver in his voice.  Not sure what that was all about, but he was worried about something.  Eventually, they all went inside.  I turned around and stared down the street one more time, then slowly began making my way back to the other end of the block again.  At this time, I heard someone take off in the SUV I had just moved away from.  When I got to the end of the houses, I turned and went up the alley where another strange incident took place.

I watched this guy walking from the street where people come from to go smoke in the abandoned house.  So I stopped and watched him from the alley.  He suddenly began talking to himself like he was on a phone.  I stood, watching him, motionless.  Suddenly, he looked like he couldn't make up his mind if he wanted to turn onto my street or keep walking in the direction he was going, but he took a step like he was about to cross the street to get away from the side I was on.  Then, as if someone yanked him back onto the curb, he turned and started walking back the way he came.  I thought maybe he had forgotten something.  At that moment, the street bus passed him going in the opposite direction he was walking.  All of a sudden he waved the bus down and jumped on it.  I saw him avoid looking in my direction as the bus passed where I was still standing, motionless in the alley.  I got the feeling he may have been up to something that he didn't want anyone to know about.  I didn't begin moving again until the bus had cleared the area...just in case.

Finally, I made it down the alley to the back of the HomeHoues, checking all the properties as I went along, when I received another intercom call.  As I answered it, I stood at the back fence looking towards the street and the front yard.  To my surprise, more people left from the house directly across the street, going in various directions.  At that moment, an SUV made a 3-point turn, causing its headlights to shine directly at me, standing in the alley, looking their way, on the phone.  The vehicle hesitated then completed the turn and sped off.  I saw more lights, but couldn't tell exactly what was going on.  After conveying this on the intercom, I headed inside and decided to take a look out the window.  All 6 of the SUV's were now gone and the street looked normal again...hmmm.  All I could think was, "Did I do that?" :devil:

2 minutes ago, Trene4000 said:

I can't believe Brian had the unmitigated gall to say I was lying in order to keep from getting in trouble. As if I was one of his classmates. He does not realize he has set loose upon his existence. I let him slide before with some behavior but not anymore.

Understood...

11 minutes ago, TronRP said:

Oh no, what happened?

Sample order of $5 had a fine print"subscription attached" that I didn't see.. I raised Lucifer himself at the poor guy on the phone, I am certain he will have nightmares. My "subscription" was duly cancelled and surely he is thoroughly re-examining his life choices and possibly questioning his manhood.

1 minute ago, Moe Falcon said:

Sample order of $5 had a fine print"subscription attached" that I didn't see.. I raised Lucifer himself at the poor guy on the phone, I am certain he will have nightmares. My "subscription" was duly cancelled and surely he is thoroughly re-examining his life choices and possibly questioning his manhood.

:jamin

• TronRP locked this topic
  • TronRP unpinned and pinned this topic
  • TronRP unpinned this topic
  • TronRP pinned this topic