What Are You Thinking?

StormKnight

​So is he going to put a ring on it?

​So, he did it, last night...He said he was looking for a ring that was vintage style rather than some boring, same old, thing...He wanted a different type of gem and we are also planning to take a road trip probably down to Florida at some point before I go back to work on the 24th, we were planning on leaving already but a wrench kinda got thrown in that, anyway he wanted to ask me in Florida but he just said eff it and actually asked me (officially) last night. 

Now the whole possibility of moving to Florida thing is starting to feel more appealing with the recent proposal, well both proposals but specifically the one where he said if I agreed to the move he would just ask that I go get my Masters degree as I intended to when I was married the first time until my ex forbid me to finish because I wasn't making enough money and I suppose I was, in turn interfering with his 100 dollar a pop, illegal Cuban cigars lifestyle he was trying to live. Dan said he knows how much it means to me and he said him investing in me for a year to get a degree that's going to ultimately allow us to have a better lifestyle together is absolutely a better idea than me stressing out, stuck in case management forever.

quick question - not to be an ass - but how long have you known this guy? seems like it hasn't been long, and personally, i would be wary of someone who's moving that fast in a relationship. throws up red flags for me.

not trying to bring you down, just concerned.

​I was definitely feeling this, but wasn't sure how to phrase it...

I think we should be having Victory Celebrations everyday at the Home House after everything we have been through over the years.

Our mother was written off by the DMC upon her discharge with a death date as of Tuesday, June 9, 2015. I believe this is the reason the first Hospice care providers were very laxed with providing us service because she was basically only given 4 days to live outside of hospital care and the Hospice reps we met didn't work on the weekends. So at this point, regardless of what happens now, she survived past her "Due Date".

Our oldest sister survived a major car accident that rendered her body and mind almost totally helpless without medical assistance. And even still, the doctors got it wrong and the ones I met were using her as what I call "Job Security" or "A steady paycheck". After 6 years in their care, It took another 4 years to get her medical needs addressed and her physical condition manageable. We are still working on it, but she has gone from a nearly vegetative state to being physically and mentally active.

Our brother was in a major transportation accident that involved a fatality and actually made the news and newspapers in Texas. The doctors reconstructed his leg with a metal rod that slips from time to time. As a military man, he very rarely shows signs of pain, so when he goes down, you know it's bad. The unfortunate part is he doesn't qualify for a replacement. And even with the unpredictable nature of his physical situation, he still tries to make sure he has some form of manageable employment to support his family.

Our youngest sister has been battling a major autoimmune disorder that literally turns parts of her body purple and blue and causes major bouts of fatigue and illness, but that has not stopped her. She has a major in a foreign language and just completed her Ph.D.

And then there's me...I'm a bit crazy and extremely hyperactive. As a member of the skilled trades, I have really put myself through the wringer with a freakishly fast bounce back factor. It's basically this side of a miracle that I've survived what I have.

Yep...I feel some real celebrating is definitely in order.  Maybe I should ask Corvus to make us a cake....sweet.

We've actually discussed that and he is trying to learn to be more considerate. He can be a real sweetheart at times, we both are blunt and open now to avoid any communication breakdowns. Lol

Except like he had The TV blaring all morning at full blast listening to Exedus! But I am sure I do stuff to drive him nuts too so, I didn't like blow up lol;)

Edited by kat

All I did was offer to leave the blasted door cracked. I didn't complain or say anything other. A simple thank you would have sufficed. I've had a long, crappy night and someone expects me to come back and do it again. Heck no! I ain't going back. Let someone else sit up with those crazy dogs and unfocused demands. I feel like crap!gallery_81823_1234_296.gif

• TronRP locked this topic
  • TronRP unpinned and pinned this topic
  • TronRP unpinned this topic
  • TronRP pinned this topic