What made your day?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not going off on the lady who called asking about shit that had nothing to do with a warranty or any tool or outdoor crap we covered after she told me I was pissing her off and hearing her wonderful response after I said have a great day hearing her tell me well you have a fucked up day. At first I was shocked,  a little insulted but than I realized it was actually quite fucking hilarious.  🤣

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

My uncle has been staying with my mom and dad. He has issues and they are taking care of him. A couple weeks ago, they came and visited us at our home. Out of the blue, in the middle of the conversation and after a couple beers, he was looking around the living room and said, "You guys are kind of morbid."

I just smiled and said, "Yeah."

• 1 month later...

Yesterday, me and the family were out shopping at Meijer for the 4th of July menu items.  As we made our way down to the seasonal area to get some fans, a lady, pushing a shopping cart, came around the corner to the BBQ aisle.  We caught each other's glance for a brief second as she passed by me while I was helping my niece pick a 4th of July headband bow.  Then the lady paused a few feet from me and I could hear her trying to say something.  I turned to see if she needed some assistance.  She stammered over her words at first, but finally forced out, "Let your freak flag fly"...to which I replied "YES!" with my arms up in the GOAL position and a huge grin on my face.  She smiled as she turned and continued on her way.

:peanutbutterjellytime:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I went to a conference yesterday in East Lansing. I was walking past a group of people in the hallway. I was dressed darkly but professionally with a black suit coat and a hat (I'm bald). My sunglasses were still on because I hadn't had a chance to change them yet. As I walked past that group, one of the people looked at me and said, "What the heck?"

That was awesome!

• 8 months later...

Seeing the Live Launch of Astronauts, into space, from Cape Canaveral, aboard the SpaceX Dragon 2 Spacecraft, powered by the SpaceX reusable Falcon 9 Rocket, on an 18 hour flight to the International Space Station.

They departed the surface of the Earth at 3:22pm EST May 30, 2020 and will arrive at their off-world destination where they are scheduled to dock with ISS at 10:29am EST May 31, 2020.

large.313920218_LaunchAmerica053020.jpg

large.2056004146_LaunchAmerica053020-1.jpg

Then they set the ending credits of the Launch to Katy Perry's "Daisies" and the moment was Priceless. 

The launch was fantastic!  Say what you will about Elon Musk, but his spacecraft ROCK!  Everything about his hardware is state-of-the-art.  Form AND function, all operating together.  I only hope that all of the attention to detail pays off in safety and success for this and future crews as they "boldly go."

8 hours ago, Stu said:

The launch was fantastic!  Say what you will about Elon Musk, but his spacecraft ROCK!  Everything about his hardware is state-of-the-art.  Form AND function, all operating together.  I only hope that all of the attention to detail pays off in safety and success for this and future crews as they "boldly go."

~~~~~

After selling PayPal to eBay for $1.5 billion in 2002, Elon Musk has been working on space travel for the private sector and has definitely come a long way.  I remember back then, people just knew Richard Branson was going to be the first to privatise spaceflight.

16 minutes ago, Maureen Falcon said:

I watched..

And so like me, I had to follow it with a documentary about the rise of facism...rule 1#control the media. Like Twitter.

So you're taking a peek into our future, eh?  Scary times.

• 2 months later...

Getting to watch CJ walk across the stage in her cap and gown in a private ceremony this morning.

Then this afternoon, we were given free Little Caesars Pizza, by a corporate representative, as a thank you for hanging out and assisting the franchise location employees who were locked out of their worksite due to the manager not being there.  We later found out that their manager had been rushed to the hospital that morning and no one was informed. 

• 7 months later...

After a month of unforeseen circumstances, the phone I ordered for @Trene4000 finally arrived.  Her current phone is on it's last leg and that leg is broken.  So, I was totally ecstatic when a little brown box showed up at my door.

YAY.

Now, hopeful the data transfer goes smoothly. 

*fingers crossed

:biggrin: