What made your day?

Just getting back in from shoveling snow this morning, but about an hour before I was done, I noticed two cars stuck on the corner. I went to assist and got the first car moving. As the driver thanked me, she held some money out of her window (that I was very reluctant to take). She kept waving it at me and saying how she knew it wasn't much. As I finally took the money from her, she replied, "I know it's not too much, but maybe you can add it to some bubble gum money and get yourself something nice." Then she drove off with a big smile saying, "Yes, now I can make it to work!"

She thought I was a young kid making shoveling money. That just made my day. :happy:

Just getting back in from shoveling snow this morning, but about an hour before I was done, I noticed two cars stuck on the corner. I went to assist and got the first car moving. As the driver thanked me, she held some money out of her window (that I was very reluctant to take). She kept waving it at me and saying how she knew it wasn't much. As I finally took the money from her, she replied, "I know it's not too much, but maybe you can add it to some bubble gum money and get yourself something nice." Then she drove off with a big smile saying, "Yes, now I can make it to work!"

She thought I was a young kid making shoveling money. That just made my day. :happy:

that was sweet of you! You do look like a kid, dude.. You age amazingly... vampiress;) So did you get to drink her blood? You know, to keep yourself young and beautiful? Lol Edited by kat

that was sweet of you! You do look like a kid, dude.. You age amazingly... vampiress;) So did you get to drink her blood? You know, to keep yourself young and beautiful? Lol

OK...new comment, :up: This just made my day :biggrin:

Finding the all of the patches and chevrons I need for a woodland camo uniform shirt at a local dry cleaners that's within walking distance from my apartment. The nice ladies there made my day when they produced a very hard to find Audentes Fortuna Iuvat (Fortune Favors the Bold) patch for the old Air Force woodland bdu uniforms. The motto is for the 366th Fighter Wing, the Gunfighters. Mountain Home AFB, ID.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I got the chance to see an old friend I haven't seen in quite a while and despite the chronic pain they suffer from, they were actually looking physically better. Seeing them smile, given our ongoing insider joke, made my day. :biggrin:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Now something really awesome did happen to me today. I found out when I went to ask a question since I had been on medical leave until yesterday actually, my first official day backback is today but seeing as I have exhausted my sick days until September and the short term disability insurance is only going to pay 66 percent of my wages (which is awesome anyway most people don't get that they get sick, they can't take time off without fear of job loss) sucks. But, my actual wages for my paycheck next week will only be for 22.5 hours, however, at our agency we have a employee emergency time off donation program, so basically in a situation where someone wh has either exhausted all their PTO or someone who has not reached the year anniversary, in my case is September, than all my PTO is available but under the old contract people got so much paid leave and it was allowed to be rolled over, whereas now, use it or lose it, so I was informed by HR that I was donated an entire week of time towards my leave. It is of course anonymous but I think it was Elliot, he's retiring soon and he'd give you the shirt off his back, plus he doesn't use his time off.. So now, I will actually have 60 hour's. I feel so bad for getting free vacation time_I can't even like give him a thank you gift cause I don't really know for sure if it is but if it is I am not supposed to know! I am so appreciative. He saved my ass.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Aww:). I have had a pretty bad day and was in a crappy mood but I went to Tim Horton's because I wanted soup and a coffee from there, well when I got to the window to pay the total was less than what was originally quoted. Appearantly,  the guy in front of me paid for my coffee. I have heard of this phenomena but never had it happen to me. It totally changed my attitude tonight. I'm going to do that next time I go there too now. What a simple thing to totally change someone's day, though:)

Edited by kat

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Gingercat came home. Troy was at The Gathering 31 tonight. Our homes were kept safe while we were away. SusieCat had her kittens at our house. I'm healthy in spite of disabilities. My hair grew back. I have peace despite the circumstances. Fluffy and the cats are getting along. I have doctors who actually listen and want to help me.

GOD answers prayers! 

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The Hardwired..to Self Destruct album came out today,  my friend went and got it and brought it here this afternoon and we listened to it all....it is the shhiiittt! I asked if they got a new drummer or something!  My friend was cracking up. It was cool to have a platonic friend to chill and enjoy music together.  Apparently his gf isn't into that or Ghost so cool. I don't have to worry about getting hit on and stuff either.  Well kinda.

Edited by kat

• 2 weeks later...