What do you miss?

I miss sleeping with my eyes closed. For some reason during the start of this last winter, I have been sleeping with my eyes cracked. Now they look bloodshot all the time. Gothic attire with red eyes while out and about makes for an interesting encounter.. :hrhr:

I miss living in a neighborhood where everyone knew your name. Where you could literally leave your doors unlocked, even when you weren't at home. Where all the neighbors came together in a sense of community and the community supported you in a time of need.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Maybe I am bullshiting maybe I am not.........perhaps she was trying to take me away or protect me from the misery I was getting ready to face my whole life.........I may have made a mistake by looking away...but what if, she was evil, than what? I won't know now, I may have had another path in life, who knows.

• 2 weeks later...

I miss home, for I no longer know the meaning of the word. For the 6 months from February until Nashville in July home was a place where the person you cared for the most was cold and uninterested in you but manic self absorbed in their own interests, before then it used to be much different... it was opposite almost. Wasn't perfect but it was the best place in the world.

I miss not being used as a doormat for teaching the next generation on how to be annoying. If my number is an emergency contact, don't tell your kids to call me every time you inform me of the same thing. They do not understand the difference between calling in the event of an emergency and calling because a parent said to.

• 4 weeks later...

I have a list.

I miss my dad (the reason I'm in MI is to deal with his estate).

I miss the way my life was last year (2013 has been the year of everything falling apart, but I know things will turn around next year. I have a plan)

I miss watching Firefly on channel 50 while getting ready for City Club on Friday nights, and then listening to Troy's collage radio show while getting ready Saturday night.

I miss the days I could go to the club and then wake up the next day not feeling like ass.

I miss the pre-club parties we had in the parking garage across the street from City Club, the security guard would even join in sometimes. (The garage is gone now)

I miss my '72 Volvo (It really was a sweet little tank. 600,000 miles and no signs of giving up).

I miss East Alley Records.

I miss being able to walk into shops that only sold Anime stuff. I only know of one now, and it's in Bend Oregon (Wabi Sabi).

It goes on a bit but I wont bore you, these are just things that seem to pop into my head the most, some are just a permanent fixture in my mind these days.

Edited by spacin