What do you miss?

View PostNate Kriepp, on 26 July 2012 - 05:09 PM, said:

I miss being able to think clearly. I'm gonna be one of those old guys who makes no sense.

I heard a rumor about this thinking clearly thing... sounds interesting, not that I know exactly what it means.

I guess I mean that as I get older I feel like I have to second-guess what I see or what I type. I don't read as much as I should so reading comprehension is getting a little fuzzy. And I'm only 42.

I guess I mean that as I get older I feel like I have to second-guess what I see or what I type. I don't read as much as I should so reading comprehension is getting a little fuzzy. And I'm only 42.

OH belive me I understand. I don't think its are related in my case, its car accident related. I'm ALWAYS second guessing things, you know its bad when just somone suggesting something to me like "hey did you leave the stove on?" and I know I didn't but they just that doubt, and my foggy memory makes me think... GOD DAMNIT now i gotta go check the stove.

And reading requrres more focus than it used to too. (although I've been actually practicing to get this stuff better for years, it is improving , but glacially slow)

This website here: Cognifit is good for training all sorts of comprension/reaction time / memory stuff. (althouigh it is actualy WORK, its not "fun") although its more fun than the speech therapy crap I had go to to for 6 months.

Thats the meaning of life age apparently, if the story is correct.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I miss being easily entertained. If television or movies aren't intellectual enough they won't keep my interest anymore. Watching the average commercial is like having a cheese grater run across my brain; seeing products that can be replaced with DIY alternatives just adds jagged metal to the insult..

I miss being easily entertained. If television or movies aren't intellectual enough they won't keep my interest anymore. Watching the average commercial is like having a cheese grater run across my brain; seeing products that can be replaced with DIY alternatives just adds jagged metal to the insult..

start watching http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfaQQ-HIo7M...