What do you miss?

• 2 weeks later...

I miss the lovely group of people in my signature (the ones who aren't an illustration...). I miss my gorgeous sweet friends Nana, Erika, Rei. I miss my students, especially Chihiro, Leina, Ayako, Yuu, Tomoaki, just to name a few. I miss my coworker, my mentor/best friend/like family, Tomoyo. I miss Club Neo. I miss the shopgirls at Baby and Angelic Pretty and Metamorphose. I miss Jessica. I miss David, so much. I miss Yoko. I miss Patti. I miss being able to walk out my door, get on my bicycle, and ride 10 minutes to the best shops anywhere in the world. I miss drinking in Sankaku Park before entering the club and drinking more. I miss hitting Royal Host afterwards watch Ryan make his pancakes talk while Rose fell asleep in her full Victorian garb and King and Guiggles took turns administering to her every whim. I miss being able to make the clothing fantasies of girls around the world come true, and knowing that I made people happy. I miss being considered one of the most in-the-know girls. I miss being able to hop over to the store to buy the new GLB or Novala book, and I miss being able to sign up for and then attend signings. I miss dancing with Yoko. I miss dancing with Rose. I miss dancing with Gil. I miss biking over to Amemura and getting okonomiyaki with salty squid tentacles on the side. I miss chu-hai. I miss all-you-can-eat all-you-can-drink izakayas. I miss getting unconscionably drunk and then half-riding half-walking my bicycle home, falling down every other block. I miss all the perverted old men and geeky otaku who would try to take me to karaoke or dinner ("Asobanai?"). I miss Cinquecentos and their glorious 500 yen martinis and drunken jenga. I miss kaiten zushi. I miss supermarket bentos. I miss Babylon. I miss Christon Cafe. I miss Sleeping Sand and Melody and Takuya. I miss Kokusyoku Sumire and Yuka and Sacchan. I miss taking the night bus to Tokyo with Nana and Rei and spending 5 hours in a karaoke booth getting dressed up for an event that night. I miss how much effort everyone would put into their outfit every single time. I miss being the most underdressed person there.

I miss Osaka.

Even if I went back though, it wouldn't be the same. Too many people are gone. And I'm not the same. But it would still be Osaka. I wonder if it would be a better fit for me or a worse one.

I miss Osaka, but I am so happy here and glad I came home. But there are still times when I miss it. That nostalgic, bittersweet, half-painful, yearning, aching, loving feeling...it hurts but it is sweet. The best thing is that you can miss something so much, but not want to be back there, because as much as you loved it, you love where you are right now just as much.

I love you guys too, and if I ever leave Detroit, I will miss you the same way as I miss Osaka and all my friends there.

Thank you for being so awesome, and for making Detroit a fucking awesome place to live. :heart:

Edited by TheOsakaKoneko

My Aunt Myrt. Having someone to sleep with. Having friends who actually live in the same town as me. Giving parties. Having sex every day. My kitty Zu-i. My friend Gary. The Vietnamese "English fish & chips" place in San Francisco. The old eBay. Being a regular at a bar. Going to the Gathering of the Juggalos. My dreadlocks. Being able to eat food that requires molars to chew. Teaching special ed.

And I miss Lump-of-Coal really dreadfully... still.

The warmth of the soft skin on her cheek against mine...

+1 :bye2:

(Been avoiding this topic a bit in hopes of not stirring myself up! Nuts to that I guess.)

Ok ok... * tries cheers up*

The Wendy's , Burger Chef and Hardee's comments... hah. *nods*

Oh also I miss the Chicken Caesar Pita they had at Wendy's. GRR. Oh and the MEGA HEALTHY (yeah right) Mighty Wings from McDonald's.

+1 :bye2:

(Been avoiding this topic a bit in hopes of not stirring myself up! Nuts to that I guess.)

Ok ok... * tries cheers up*

The Wendy's , Burger Chef and Hardee's comments... hah. *nods*

Oh also I miss the Chicken Caesar Pita they had at Wendy's. GRR. Oh and the MEGA HEALTHY (yeah right) Mighty Wings from McDonald's.

Fear not. I will feel them again Thursday.

my wife. full stop

I missed ^^ this guy, before I had ever even touched him. Now it's a hundredfold. I can't wait until we can give up the tin cans and string, and see each other every day. I've never pined over someone, so badly, in my entire life.

*sigh*

I missed ^^ this guy, before I had ever even touched him. Now it's a hundredfold. I can't wait until we can give up the tin cans and string, and see each other every day. I've never pined over someone, so badly, in my entire life.

*sigh*

*Hugs*

*sigh*

:grouphug

• 2 months later...

I miss my friends before they had kids, and husbands and wives. ( I love them still, I'm just a stingey and needy friend) I miss Tennessee and smoking out while we drove the country roads. I miss my grandpa smiling at me and saying "Hey babe!" I miss his advice which usually ended in "And then tell them to go bag their goddamn asses"

• 3 weeks later...