What do you miss?

On 9/6/2023 at 3:46 PM, jynxxxedangel said:

I miss Metro Detroit-style Chinese takeaway. British Chinese food, is so de rigueur. 😞

We usually have Chinese on Christmas day, however its on a Monday this year ( when most take out places are closed). I was going to try to make almond boneless chicken from scratch, but i just don't know.

On 11/7/2023 at 11:17 AM, Slogo said:

We usually have Chinese on Christmas day, however its on a Monday this year ( when most take out places are closed). I was going to try to make almond boneless chicken from scratch, but i just don't know.

So this just came across my feed https://www.meetup.com/samich/events/295353521/  I don't know if you'd be interested though.  However the after thing is at Fuji Japanese Buffet, though I do not know whether or not they do takeout.

Best wishes whatever your plans.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
5 hours ago, know_buddy_kares said:

I miss free time. The ability to just fuck off and do whatever dumbass ideas come to my mind. And toilets that let you leave upper deckers in. What the fuck happened to those things?

This was the battle for the boomers that is akin to the lightbulbs for the millennials (and let's be honest also the gen-x/boomers.)  I remember my father bitching about our new "low-flow" toilet because you could not find any of the older styles anymore due to being regulated out.

Now I personally get it's better for the planet to do away with both of those (and a bunch of other older tech while we're at it) and everyone switching would really help with things.

But I still hate change.  Although I honestly wouldn't mind a taller toilet since most of them feel like I'm sitting on a kid's chair or something.  Maybe a bidet too since that would help save on toilet paper production and waste, but then you're using more water in the process.

7 hours ago, gwen said:

Brandy's...goth karaoke night at Mephisto's...someone needs to do that again.

Yeah, just not me this time, I hated that shit.  I'm pretty positive I sold all those Halloween karaoke CDs but I still have the other files of instrumental goth tracks if anyone wants them to do their own thing with.

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, know_buddy_kares said:

The activity here. It's good, but not quite what it used to be. The characters, the antics, etc. This was once the place to be. This board is still good, and there's still users to interract with, but just got hit with a hit of nostalgia for a moment.

You just now figured that out?  Dude the wave was over a while ago.  Back to our depressing black sea of calm.

At least a few other regulars have hung on though, so it's very much not as dead as it once was.  I'll take them checking it every so often as opposed to the endless userlist of "they haven't logged in in at least 5-15 years" and some I sorta knew and now I have to wonder where they went and it kinda hurts a little.  Most just moved on and I just hope they're okay after doing so.

It could be worse though, I mean we could be MySpace or worse...  LiveJournal.

18 hours ago, Scary Guy said:

You just now figured that out?  Dude the wave was over a while ago.  Back to our depressing black sea of calm.

At least a few other regulars have hung on though, so it's very much not as dead as it once was.  I'll take them checking it every so often as opposed to the endless userlist of "they haven't logged in in at least 5-15 years" and some I sorta knew and now I have to wonder where they went and it kinda hurts a little.  Most just moved on and I just hope they're okay after doing so.

It could be worse though, I mean we could be MySpace or worse...  LiveJournal.

a lot has changed ppl died n stuff. that Mike Higgins guy used to coordinate some pagan events.  goth scene and pagan scene overlap. even convo changed. I haven't been able to find a decent drum circle in years. I  think pheonix Cafe closed...mephistos closed...

• 1 month later...

drum circle that's free and not all political 

as in

run by someone that thinks he drums better than he does

wants to charge you to sit next to him

gets to dictate who drums

who dances

wants everyone to buy his crappy cd for a 'pass go'

uses it to push a religious or political agenda.

https://youtu.be/xYIqBG1v8BY?si=qX6KisWRNCzqNDHJ

Edited by gwen

3 minutes ago, gwen said:

as in

who dances

Start your own!

4 minutes ago, gwen said:

as in

who dances

https://youtu.be/xYIqBG1v8BY?si=qX6KisWRNCzqNDHJ

I was thinking about it. but the guy I had in mind to lead it is quitting and laying low for awhile and the space for rent costs too much now.

20 minutes ago, gwen said:

I was thinking about it. but the guy I had in mind to lead it is quitting and laying low for awhile and the space for rent costs too much now.

You lead it!  You can do the thing!

If you're not comfortable with it in your back yard I suggest a public park.  If you don't like the cold there are plenty of spaces that may be amicable to that.  I may even know of some myself.

• 1 month later...
On 7/17/2023 at 12:12 AM, Scary Guy said:

I didn't and now I'm 42.  ADHD is a bitch like that.

I mean I was there for all of it, and it was great.  I can only recall some of it some of the time though.

I miss the things I can no longer remember, like the people and places I have forgotten.  Some just show up as brief glimpses into the past.  Partly why I don't do drugs is because I don't want to further destroy what little I have left.

The straight up nature of how life traveling and working on the road like i done this last 13 years has got a similar effect leaving memories a blur.  If i was to make it long enough to succumb to Alzheimer's/dementia, Sure I'd drift off with vague notions of having had memories get melted and bleed in with random fragments of thoughts til not a damn thing makes sense.  There'll be swear words muttered 24/7 and full time wandering aimlessly not knowing wtf it is goinf on at all. Idk wtf, honestly i lost my train of thought a just spent an hour typing and deleting random words and never recalled wtf it was.