• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I miss northern Michigan. I have a lot of extended family near Rogers City/Alpena and own property up there that I haven't been able to visit in several months. Can't wait for Easter weekend.

I lived in Kentucky from 2008 to 2014. I made a lot of friends down there that I miss a lot. Especially Joni . . .

I miss my home. I miss the company of those of you who I know and have met face to face in one way or another over the years. I miss seeing Detroit itself every day. I miss being able to see my family - I have not been able to, or even afford to, fly home for going on 3 years now. I miss the feeling of something resembling inner peace. There's so much more I could name here, but that would take up a lot of space.

• 3 weeks later...

I miss the days when beating the shit out of two 20 something adult worms who thought they had a numerical and age advantage on you didn't land you jail. Though it resulted in a judge throwing out the charges there is still the lost time.

I also miss polite society, you know the days when slandering and using pejoratives to a persons face could legally (Fighting Words) get the shit beat out of you, so you didn't do it.  Those snots would have gotten less hits in on me.

• 4 months later...