What do you miss?

I recommend reading The Myth of Male Power by Warren Farrell. One of the things the epidemic of male suicide can be attributed to is unemployment, and the popular idea that men have to be "success objects" to be human beings. Its important to never forget that humanity's present concepts of gender are still primal with little differences between our primate past.

Thanks for the recommedation. I'll look into it.

• 3 weeks later...

I miss Mexican food from Southwest Detroit, I miss warm weather, and I miss the quiet. With three kids ages 3,5,and 7 there is no more quiet. There is only "MOM! SHE STOLE MY SKYLANDER!", "HE ATE MY LEGO GUY'S HEAD!" and "What's for dinner?" ,

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Passion. Someone that touches me the way I touch them, sensual, sex without that is like OK whatever. Can't have that because there is no one I want to get close to or that I feel like I can allow to get close to me like that. I can't put myself in a vulnerable position ever again. I won't be naive and let my heart get in the way. I don't want to feel the disappointment as a result. Sad, Aries we are all about passion too. 

• 3 months later...
1 minute ago, Marblez said:

The ability to get out and do what ever I wanted without having negotiations with someone else about whether it is this - or - that.

What I don't miss is not having someone to negotiate with :p

That last line took me a second to compute.  Sounds like a contradiction.  But I understand .. I think.   <---- HUGE brain. 

Wait... i mean ... OMG its Marblez!! yayyyyyyy

I miss being myself.  I feel like being an adult means that you have to pretend to be someone you aren't for many different reasons.  Work is the main reason but then you also have to change to an extent around children or other people who make decisions about your life and finances.  It really sucks.  I feel that I am almost losing myself because of how many different changes I am forced to make on a regular basis.  I miss being able to not care and just be who I want to be.