What is your most favorite piece of clothing

Everyone has something that they just wear to death. Mine is this black sweater that makes my boobs look big. Knowing that in all reality, I definitely do NOT have big boobs, this sweater is an asset. I just wish There were more like it.

So, what's your favorite? Is it a pair of New Rocks? A corset? Maybe even a sweater that makes your boobs look huge? Share, please!

Yeah, anyone that knows SG knows that one ;)

Boots are my thing. If my boots feel good, then I feel good. I used to have a pair of (faux) female engineer's boots that fit my feet wonderfully. I nearly cried when they actually started falling apart too much for me to wear.

Several. First and foremost, my red Converse hi-tops. I've had them since about 2002, and they look like it. I have told my family that should I NOT be buried in them, I will return and haunt everyone responsible for the oversight.

Second, I have this black DKNY sweater I got off Ebay last year. It's Linen with a touch of cotton, and ultra-thin and loosely knit. It is the perfect style & length to go with my style of punk/goth dress, and is uber-comfy. It replaced the Venezia shaker sweater I've had for about 14 years that is just falling apart from wear & wash, that I STILL can't manage to give up.

Third, my Cure Mixed-Up t-shirt. I've mentioned that one before - it's also about 12 years old or more, and in super bad shape. But you'll have to have me at gunpoint to get me to give it up, and even then, I might put up a struggle.

I'm not fitting into it right now, but my plaid pleated skirt is damn high up there. Gotta get on that damned Orbitrek and get back into it.

An item that I don't necessarily hold dear, but wear a lot is my simple jersey-knit black tube skirt. A staple, again, of my particular style.

Guess you can add black opaque tights and my black patent leather boots to the list.

Jackets are my thing, and there are a couple that are near and dear to me.

There's my black wool overcoat. How I managed to find one in Japan long enough to come down to MY ankles, I'll never know, but it is wonderful. Yes, I have worn it to City Club, and yes, I have danced in it. No, I have not suffered heat exhaustion.

My second is a coat I bought just recently. It's actually a woman's jacket, but it's long enough to fit me and sits fairly well on me (I think). It's relatively plain, black, but it has a nice velveteen cowl attached to it, and it's relatively light, which means I can wear it out to the clubs.

Brendastar- I get all of mine from this one seller on ebay, and I have been able to get up to 5" reduction from them so they work. (alteregoerotics) They have all been high quality leather with steel boning, very well made, and hold up FOREVER. I usually hand them down to others after I get done wearing the hell out of them. The best part: I've never paid more than $150.00. Check it out.

I sort of just tollerate the existance of my clothes currently.

Back when i was in my "goth punk" stage at U of M and used to wear the makeup 24/7 and had the long hair the first time, there was a black leather biker-ish jacket with tons of zippers and studs and such on it that i liked allot. Used to really absue it by writing various messages on the back of it in giant psyho-scrawl lettering... thing got stolen at CC when i was drunk off my ass and concentrating to much on dancing and some ranodom goth chick i was into at the time, "bah fuck this jacket to hot in here >tosses on benchforgets about it till 45 minutes later , to find its gone:tongue:

• 7 years later...

I have several pieces that I wear to death because they create my signature look:

1. Personalize Top Hat

2. Black lace neck scarf

3. Multiple arm warmers and fingerless gloves and glovettes

4. Cut Jet Set material mid waist tie

5. Black mini skirt that's usually worn over skinny jeans or leggings

6. Black boots preferable with something metallic riveted to it and/or multiple buckles

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 10 years later...
On 11/23/2004 at 12:27 AM, Scary Guy said:

I have 4.

Hat, boots, duster, belt buckle. But this was obvious

20 years later and nothing has changed.  The only (unfortunate) addition is a ring that looks like a belt that was my grandfathers.  I miss him still.

If I'm anything it's consistent.

Edited by Scary Guy