Watchmen - See it Yet?

The fixation on "the dick" (not me, but the blue one in the movie) is a cultural problem. We are so sexually repressed as a culture a naked male body part (of whatever size or color) in a feature film gets way too much commentary. Similar commentary has been around in the watchmen comic cult for years as well. Perhaps a bit more subdued as it is, despite some progress, male dominated.

I still hope to see this at IMAX before it goes bye bye. *starts saving non-existent pennies* Despite having plenty of fan boy cred to my name and plenty of reasons I could denounce the film. Maybe, at least partially, due to my turncoat nature on literary entertainment in favor of nonfiction. Getting my mediatainment from TV/Film more and more to conserve time.

For awhile i was starting to expect the film to turn out to be trash after my initial excitement. But in the end, I, without apology, endorse this film. I'd put it on a short list of good films. (With the above mentioned "homework required". Without the homework, I'd just say the movie is "pretty good" but I wouldn't put it on a list of suggested films.)

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...