Watchmen - See it Yet?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I took Friday off to go see it.

I've been fanboying this for over a year now, hell I posted a thread about it on here many months ago now I was so excited.

It was the first graphic novel I ever read...and it is what I hold all others up to in comparison.

Joygasm.

I'm taking tomorrow off as well to go see a noon-ish showing. I'm fully expecting to see it several times this weekend, but thought I'd get in early before school lets out for the weekend.

Everything else Raev said, I second.

/joygasms rule

Awe shit Kitty. I'm sorry , somehow I edited out your post with my REPLY to your post. Please note I just had to guess at your actual wording and typed it out from memory. (if this makes any sense)

:rofl: And I thought I was the only one who does that...I always catch myself though before I actually hit the finish edit button.

Guest Megalicious

Not yet but I plan to, been waiting awhile for this.

Try waiting about 12 years...... shit some people have been waiting 20....

sluagh and i saw the midnight show last night, and it was pretty damn good.

honestly i've never heard of this comic before (ok not really into comics generally) but i REALLY liked the movie.

he does know the comics and he said he really enjoyed it as well :)

Yea, it was good, im glad I saw it, I havent seen to many good new movies as of late.

Saw it at the 830 showing in Taylor last night. It was amazing.

I want to go again. Anyone want to go with?

It is a movie I would see again, buy the special-edition-gods-awful-expensive Blu-Ray disc for. I think the last movie I saw twice in the theaters due to it being part of a b-day party was The Empire Strikes back in 1980 (yes, I am *that*old.) :p

Edited by StormKnight

Glad I saw it in the presence of a (fairly) hardcore audience (midnight showing Thursday), just something in the air (other than B.O.) with a sure-to-be-cult movie like this viewed with a group of people sure to STFU when they should and cheer/laugh etc. more redily than the sunday matinee with grandma and such. T Unfortunately we couldn't get tickets for the IMAX showing (sold out) which would have been the hardest-core geekfest possible. hah.

I was wondering if they were going to include the story-within-a-story Tales Of The Black Freighter comic, which they didn't. Tales, being a pirate story, since you know, who needs superhero comics when you have them in real life? :p But its supposedly on the DVD release of the "motion comic" version of the original story (basically for people that flat out can't read as far as I can tell. Which is already pirated online. Gah. lol

Guest Megalicious

I was a bit distracted by the big, blue, glowing slong of Dr. Manhattan :wink Other then that is was good for what it was - a movie. I think Jackie was THE PERFECT Rorschach, I was not happy about the little fudges at the end, but was grateful it was not butchered. Though the movie as a whole was good. I particularly loved the slow motion, still shots at the begging to Dylan's " The times they are a changing".

Guest Megalicious

I don't mean this in a snide way, but I was wondering how those who haven't read the comic dealt with understanding the motivations of some of the characters (particularly Ozymandias).

Does every fucking comic book, no matter how good, need to be made into a movie?

At least it was better than that piece of shit 300.

I was thinking the same thing (about Adrian).

To answer your other question.

Apparently every comic needs to be made into a movie, which is a bit annoying.

And THANK GOD it was better then the monstrosity that 300 was or I would be on my way to kill Synder, seriously.