Occasionally. Most times they are unpleasant repetitive dreams, and I remember what worked or didn't last time to get me out of the situation, and act accordingly in my dream. If it doesn't work, and it gets too bad/painful, I wake myself up.

Sometimes, it's not a bad dream, and I usually try to lead it towards awesome sex. :whistle:

for me, it's actually about the only way i dream anymore, if i dream, that is. i can still remember the last dream i had as a kid, that was the end of passive dreaming, when i first started being able to control things. for a long time, i just thought it was how everyone dreamed. i didn't learn the term "lucid dreaming" until a few years ago, and found out that it wasn't common. i'm still a bit surprised that others can't control their dreams - i can't imagine not being able to. i guess i can see why people would be afraid of their dreams, though. it'd be like not being able to be in charge of your life, but with the added stress of all the weird/impossible shit your dream mind can make up.

do you remember your last lucid dream? did it help you to learn anything that applied to your waking life? how did it help?

sorry, i'm nosy/curious! :happy:

I frequently have semi lucid dreams where I can control things, usually flying or moving dream objects with my mind.

I used to have even more vivid dreams back when I kept a dream journal. Some of the most enthralling experiences I've ever had transpired in that state...

for me, it's actually about the only way i dream anymore, if i dream, that is. i can still remember the last dream i had as a kid, that was the end of passive dreaming, when i first started being able to control things. for a long time, i just thought it was how everyone dreamed. i didn't learn the term "lucid dreaming" until a few years ago, and found out that it wasn't common. i'm still a bit surprised that others can't control their dreams - i can't imagine not being able to. i guess i can see why people would be afraid of their dreams, though. it'd be like not being able to be in charge of your life, but with the added stress of all the weird/impossible shit your dream mind can make up.

do you remember your last lucid dream? did it help you to learn anything that applied to your waking life? how did it help?

sorry, i'm nosy/curious! :happy:

You can control every dream? Like all of them every night? Or just the last one you were having before you woke up? i ask becuase most people have 3-6 dreams a night but usually only remember the last one they were having before they woke up.

but to answer.. sometimes.

I also have a sorta recuring dream. It's about a house. The house never looks the same in anyway... but it's the same house. The people in the dream slways change... the menace I feel is always there. Like, a presece bearing down on me... making me want to leave the house. Usually, when I realize it's "the house" I have partial control. I can;t change my surroundings or make people do stuff, but I have a choice... I know I am dreaming... and the dread goes away. I usually wake up shortly after that and dont go back to sleep.

I've done it quite a few times. It started when I was a little kid when I began to control my nightmares. After a long period of not doing it (I basically forgot about it, long story), I'm starting to do it again.

For me, it boils down to realizing that I'm in a dream. Sometimes I realize that I had some control over the dream after I wake up but I wasn't really aware of it during the actual dream.

I love that "realization moment" when I'm aware of being in a dream. I get scared that I'll wake up for a second, because I'm also good at "pulling myself out of" bad dreams by making myself wake up. Occasionally that reflex kicks in when I could lucid dream and I lose it. When I'm sure that I won't wake up, the fun starts.

I don't fly (usually), it's more about controlling the world. I guess I get my God complex on with my lucid dreaming.

It doesn't happen all the time for me. You just can't control some dreams.

I don't really know how to tell anyone else to do it, you just have to realize that you're in a dream and that you have total control over that world.

You can control every dream? Like all of them every night? Or just the last one you were having before you woke up? i ask becuase most people have 3-6 dreams a night but usually only remember the last one they were having before they woke up.

but to answer.. sometimes.

I also have a sorta recuring dream. It's about a house. The house never looks the same in anyway... but it's the same house. The people in the dream slways change... the menace I feel is always there. Like, a presece bearing down on me... making me want to leave the house. Usually, when I realize it's "the house" I have partial control. I can;t change my surroundings or make people do stuff, but I have a choice... I know I am dreaming... and the dread goes away. I usually wake up shortly after that and dont go back to sleep.

not really sure how to answer that - i'm not sure i remember every dream, but i've had nights where i've had 4-5 dream sequences that don't seem connected and i've been able to modify each one, to make them turn out the way i wanted. sometimes, it's turning a struggle with someone to turn out in my favor, sometimes it's rescuing someone (like from an accident), having to try several different ways (for example, getting them out of a burning car, or something thru a side window/back window/ripping the door off, flipping the car over...) sometimes it's trying different ways to meet a girl, sometimes it's deciding what i want to "do" with her next...

typically, i'm always thinking in my dreams, and changing my mind and trying something new. occasionally, i like the way a dream is going, and i won't do anything, but i know that i could, if i needed to.

i think i need to start keeping a dream journal. i tend to forget them within hours of waking...

I know I dream all the time, the ones I remember, I can usually control, sometimes it's hard for me to realize that I'm dreaming, especially when I am having one of those sleep paralysis type dreams.. which I just started to have this past year. The two most memorable times, I was in bed with someone, but couldn't make my physical body scream out. When I finally did, I woke the other person up, in the process woke myself up. Either way it was really terribly frightening.

As for the lucid dreams, I like being able to control them, although, I wish I could learn how to fly better in my dreams, this BS "Great American Hero" type flying is frustrating. :rant:

I know I dream all the time, the ones I remember, I can usually control, sometimes it's hard for me to realize that I'm dreaming, especially when I am having one of those sleep paralysis type dreams.. which I just started to have this past year. The two most memorable times, I was in bed with someone, but couldn't make my physical body scream out. When I finally did, I woke the other person up, in the process woke myself up. Either way it was really terribly frightening.

As for the lucid dreams, I like being able to control them, although, I wish I could learn how to fly better in my dreams, this BS "Great American Hero" type flying is frustrating. :rant:

:hrhr:I loved that show!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived