• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank goodness. Someone had to say it.

I'll ask again, "what is the point of adding all that shit at the end of your posts?" Do you really think that pic you have is going to be funny the 120th time I see you reply on a thread?

But I see your quote every time!

Why not let people have what they want. You dont have to look at it. I dont think its fair for a few to decide whats nice or not.

...but you DO have to wait for it to load, whether you plan to look or not... and scroll thru an obnoxious amount of screen real estate when you just wanted to see what someone had to say. I believe this is the main issue, not just arbitrary aesthetic judgments. We do try to be considerate about these things here... otherwise I'd use the kind of giant-ass collage sigs I did back when I frequented the juggalo boards.... kind'a like this:

659647410_b7e5b585bd.jpg?v=0 ...which was about 2x this size in its original glorious form.

While we're on the topic... another major space-waster is when people reply to a post that contains multiple large images. You CAN cut them before posting, ya know! (Yes, I am obnoxiously persnickety about these things... I actually bitch out my relatives for sending me stupid email forwards with the whole distribution list from the last 4 senders attached)

Uh, yeah, I kinda do need to look at it if I want to read the forums. That is the whole point.

But I also have to read the statement How can a man be both an abyss and full of shit everytime! I really dont care one way or another. I am just trying to find out who gets to decide whats cute or funny or what. You can read my comment without checking out my signature. I read comments on threads daily with out being bothered with signatures or pictures or anything. Just trying to get both sides out there and why everyone feels the way they do is all.

But I also have to read the statement How can a man be both an abyss and full of shit everytime! I really dont care one way or another. I am just trying to find out who gets to decide whats cute or funny or what. You can read my comment without checking out my signature. I read comments on threads daily with out being bothered with signatures or pictures or anything. Just trying to get both sides out there and why everyone feels the way they do is all.

...here's the logistics bro...

..it's oK for 1 person to has gaudy sig...but when 10 peoples with gaudy sigs tag a thread in a row...it takes longer to load...& it scrolls down as they all unfurl...that's why I use the small script in me sig...& made a stylized pyramid out of the words...(so I did not need a pic of a pyramid)..I don't know who SAW my pyramid...(I did have 1 for a second...but it was f-ing HUGE...SO..I compromised with meself.....

...& as with ALL things DGN...if Troy is away...defer to PHEE...he is the Grand Spam Master...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Pheeot,

Are you absolutely sure that you want to be pointing this out with your current sig?

-Kettle

oK...I want this power!

You come here you friek! I demand (as nicely as possible) that you show this majik to me! I want a picture of the computer screenz! MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Phee,

Your sig on my monitor takes up half the window.

hmmm. strange. I looked in Firefox and Chrome and it's tiny from here.

What browser are you using at the moment?

Could be some settings are wrong if it's showing large and we need to see why that is.

Edited by Onyx