Pending movies

MACHETE

To all who were disappointed in Grindhouse, Rodriguez is making it up by making a movie from the best less-than-a-minute part of it. I haven't seen Tarantino's name on it, which leaves me a little saddened, but Rodriguez is a brilliant director as well.

Danny Trejo is coming, and it will be amazing.

(special note: I liked planet terror, and felt that deathproof car could have been much better if it had more time to flesh out characters and develop the plot a bit more)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Megalicious

MACGRUBER!! :rofl:

Still highly anticipating Iron Man 2- we will be going opening night. Well, as long as I am not in labor or in the hospital. thehehe.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

After watching the above trailer, I realized they used Crablouse by the Lords of Acid. That song seems to pop up often in trailers. I think they also used it for Land Before Time 4 which I found hilarious. I think the people who make trailers use that song as a sort of in-joke because not many people know what it is let alone know what it's about.

This is insane: looks like Ron Howard's going to direct a movie-and-TV version of Stephen King's The Dark Tower.

The way it's supposed to go is like this - movie 1, followed by season 1 on TV. Then comes movie 2, followed by TV season 2. Movie 3 wraps it up.

more details at link: http://io9.com/5633554/ron-howard-and-akiva-goldsmans-dark-tower-adaptation-a-totally-insane-mix-of-tv-and-movies

Brad Pitt and his Plan B production need to seriously look at doing something like this with World War Z.

• 2 weeks later...

for what it's worth, Splice was OK. Not fantastic, not earth shattering, but adequate. Certainly not terrible. I think it would have done better if instead of ripping off (or a huge homage, however you feel about that kind of thing) Cronenberg, they just let Cronenberg direct it. THEN, it would have been epic. as it stands, the director did an okay job. the cinematographer was very skilled, and the opening reel was very nicely done, but it kind of fell flat with a lot of static shots and same old same old kind of feel half way through.

all in all definately worth checking out, but watch before you buy.

• 1 month later...