The Biggest Loser DGN Style

Oh_My_Goth

Yes, Jeff and I were just saying that we want out Colon Blow by next Saturday. I would like very much to shit aliens, beginning Monday...AFTER DGN Night at the Roller Rink. So, seriously, OMG...We're really for that stuff.

I've done cleanses before, but this will be Jeff's first. This should prove interesting. Let me know if you can get it for us this weekend!

Oh, and the roller skating thing will happen EVERY Sunday from 1-4:30 at Bonaventure. AWESOME workout. I also want to start walking once it warms up. Skating will happen 2x a week, walking every day.

We are SO ready.

Yes, Jeff and I were just saying that we want out Colon Blow by next Saturday. I would like very much to shit aliens, beginning Monday...AFTER DGN Night at the Roller Rink. So, seriously, OMG...We're really for that stuff.

I've done cleanses before, but this will be Jeff's first. This should prove interesting. Let me know if you can get it for us this weekend!

Oh, and the roller skating thing will happen EVERY Sunday from 1-4:30 at Bonaventure. AWESOME workout. I also want to start walking once it warms up. Skating will happen 2x a week, walking every day.

We are SO ready.

I'm a virgin cleanser myself! OMG, You need to hook us app up so we can colon blow together! It can all be cataloged here... oh the glory!

I wish I could rollerskate, but will be grounded at the rink due to horrible clumsiness. I'll be there though.

I'm a virgin cleanser myself! OMG, You need to hook us app up so we can colon blow together! It can all be cataloged here... oh the glory!

I wish I could rollerskate, but will be grounded at the rink due to horrible clumsiness. I'll be there though.

I'm a virgin cleanser too!

its good to see that any off topic comments are in good humor, and not bashing us fatties. lol I'd rather it be light and funny, than mean and condescending. lol :) and I'm being serious, and I'm not trying to call out the off topic stuff. lol it keeps things fun, and makes me want to come back to see what everyone's saying lol :)

on a lighter note, I think I'll start organizing my room, and getting together stuff to sell. i have so much crap to do, I will definitely get a cardio workout. lol

i have started to drink more fluids, and since i started back eating the whole wheat foods, i have become... more regular. I do notice a difference in my body when I eat foods that I'm not supose to eat. meaning anything I can't break down properly, like the high carbs and sugars. I feel weak, and my mood is icky. i feel LOTS better, when i eat what I'm suppose to. needless to say, i was kinda miserable this holiday season, because there wasn't much I could safely eat. and I wasn't about to go hungry. I'd rather go through a couple meals not eating right, than go hungry. NOT eating is worse than eating the bad, cuz then your body goes into store mode, and you hang on to everything that goes in there. lol

but I'm being more strict than i was before. and as soon as I get my sleep pattern back to normal, I'm going back on the meds, so I don't sleep through the morning and miss the morning dose. only thing I hate is I have to eat a large meal, when I take it, or it makes me super light headed. lol (I'd rather eat small snacks to curb my hunger rather than eat til I'm full in one meal...) but whatever. it works, and it helps. :) and when I get back on it, no more alcohol for me. :)

anyways... lol

oh I just thought of something. when the snow goes away, and i can maybe get a bike, or some roller blades, I can zoom up and down north territorial back and forth, cuz the road is long... they fly up and down the road, but they do have the courtesy to drive around. They'd have to if I had on something bright yellow and really reflective. lol or they will have to suffer the wrath of day glow yellow... or orange. lmao... or dare i say it.... day glow pink! lmao

I'm glad you take the fun posting in the spirit in which it is intended.

Both my mother and I have had long struggles with weight. It is not something I feel is a target of humor (unless it is the self-deprecating kind, but even that gets old fast).

I hear you about wanting to get your life organized and pruning the amount of stuff you have. I am kind of in that mode myself. Although, having been ill, I felt the desire, but not the motivation. I would actually like to lessen the amount of things I own by as close to half as I can. I plan on donating a good number of the clothes I want to be rid of: the things that are too big now, the things that are too small and I will never fit into again even once I'm at my goal weight, and the things that just no longer suit me (in my present "incarnation"--as a Pisces, I find my tastes and personality shifts significantly every few years, sometimes months).

That said, I am hoping, per the clothes and books and CD's even, to find happy new homes for some of them. Maybe some people would like to do an exchange? For some other clothing items, I am hoping to actually acquire enough skills from the Stitch'n'Bitch sessions to transform some articles into newer more wearable ones.

Thus far on the dieting front, the thing that I have found MOST effective is simply to watch portion sizes. Not to make anything off limits or else I will feel deprived. But instead of four cookies, I eat one. Instead of the whole bag of popcorn, I have a few handfuls. I try to stay in the serving guidelines of about no more than three to six ounces (except sashimi, cuz then I just eat the whole plateful). Eating only half or less than half of what is served at restaurants is helpful. The added bonus is not having to worry what will be for lunch the next day. And whatever is on my plate, I usually go for the protein first, vegetables second. That way, even though I still get some grains, I am not tempted to eat too much of it. And drinking lots of water with the meal fills me up too.

Diet sodas make me CRAVE sugar, I've found--totally self-defeating. Because I don't much like water on its own, I found that diluted kool-aid (about a quarter of the recommended mix to a pitcher) works well, but even better is floating a little fruit in plain water. Raspberries and lemon slices taste best I think.

My meds (I'm on fluoxetine, the generic for Prozac) also help suppress my appetite considerably.

All these things together, I've lost over 30 pounds so far. Only 23 to go! Woohoo!

Edited by taysteewonderbunny

I felt that I needed to update my weight loss ticker to acknowledge the weight that I've lost already in the two and a half year battle.

It's depressing to see that I'm only at 90 pounds lost, when in mid 2008, I was at 150 pounds lost.

You are doing great :w00t:

Keep it up, chica

nothing wrong with pizza - i usually get the thin-crust, because it's less carbs/calories. even with a supreme, 2 pieces is only approx. 500-550 calories, and that's not bad for me. (for weight loss, when i'm lifting weights 3 days/wk, and cardio of some sort at least 2 other days, i can have up to 3000cal/day and still lose fat/build muscle.)

hey, speaking of that, do you all know what your approx. daily caloric needs are? here are the formulas... BMR=Basal Metabolic Rate, which is the minimum your body requires to survive, doing nothing at all

Men BMR = 66 + (6.3 x Body Weight in lbs) + (12.9 x Height in inches) - (6.8 x age)

Women BMR = 655 + (9.6 x weight in kilos) + (1.8 x height in cm) - (4.7 x age)

take this number, and multiply it by your "activity factor"

Activity Multiplier

Sedentary = 1.2 (little exercise, desk job)

Light Activity = 1.375 (light exercise/sports 1-3 days/wk)

Moderate Activity = 1.55 (moderate exercise/sports 3-5 days/week)

Very Active = 1.725 (heavy exercise/sports 6-7 days/week)

Extreme Activity = 1.9 (heavy exercise/sports, physically demanding job)

for me, that works out to be 3335 calories to maintain. (i used 1.6 for my multiplier) now, to lose 1lb/week, i need to stay at a 500cal. deficit. (500cal/dayX7 days = 3500cal/wk, which is the equivalent of 1lb of fat) to lose 2lbs/wk, i could go to 1000cal. but rarely is it considered safe to go any further than that.

if you don't want to calculate all that, here's a good rule-of-thumb for calorie intake... BW=Body Weight

10-12xBW to WANE

13-15xBW to MAINTAIN

16-18xBW to GAIN

also, PLEASE DON'T FORGET!! it's never recommended to go below 1200 cal. for women, 1500 for men, unless under the strict supervision of a physician! anything lower than that, and there are several "blood profiles" that need to be monitored for safety.

hope i haven't bored anyone!! :welcome: