The Biggest Loser DGN Style

Oh_My_Goth

I am on day 2 of the colon cleanse.....

I am going to go work out right now.. :shock: Me working out on a weekend?? Working out for the 5th day in a row??

Sweeeeet..... I am soooooo psyched to be back to where I was B4.. Shit I don't think any of you have seem Me thin except maaaaaybe taystee, but I'm not sure..

I am proud of all of you for putting up a ticker thing :) I don't really weigh Meself often so you can just gauge Me loss by the type of clothes I wear at The Club {they get less & less ;) }

DRINK LOTS OF WATER, KIDS

ugh... I can't believe I'm still gaining!!!!

guess its time to go back to being strait edge. No more alcohol for me. lol and If I do drink it, vodka and cranberry juice... oh well... not like i need the stuff anyways... I haven't gone overboard, but I have just been drinking... I use to not really drink at all...

*sigh*

I'm not upset about the alcohol. (well, maybe just a little... it sucks feeling left out... just my high school way of thinking i guess--i don't even drink to get drunk anymore. I did a couple times... the rest, just one or two drinks, at most....)

i have gotten rid of foods not on my list (Like regular potato chips... those things will be the death of me... ) If the brand of tortilla chips I liked made a salt and vinegar flavor... OMG, I'd never leave the house. lol Thank goodness for flavored cream cheese... (which I should probably switch to a light version of those, as well...)

i know what I have to do, I know what i AM doing... why am I still GAINING weight! damnit! its all so very frustraiting...

oh, and I have a loft bed, now, so I'm constantly climbing up and down my bed to go to the bath room, ect... I'm not getting as much sleep since my roomy got a job, because I have to tend to the pigs. if/when I get one, I'll have to make sure the house if pig proof... erg.. so I am running after them all day.... so its not like I'm sitting on my ass all day, doing nothing... I'm moving... and its cold in here, so I'm always moving some part of me... :)

You must do yoga ;)

& I have the same ovary condition as you & it does make things harder, but it really just takes more commitment than others.. Sucky, but true...

You will do it..... Just stick to the good eating habits, don't eat at night, & exercise for at least 15-20 a day, even 10 min makes a difference.

On that note I most go to the exercise ball now

ugh... I can't believe I'm still gaining!!!!

guess its time to go back to being strait edge. No more alcohol for me. lol and If I do drink it, vodka and cranberry juice... oh well... not like i need the stuff anyways... I haven't gone overboard, but I have just been drinking... I use to not really drink at all...

*sigh*

I'm not upset about the alcohol. (well, maybe just a little... it sucks feeling left out... just my high school way of thinking i guess--i don't even drink to get drunk anymore. I did a couple times... the rest, just one or two drinks, at most....)

i have gotten rid of foods not on my list (Like regular potato chips... those things will be the death of me... ) If the brand of tortilla chips I liked made a salt and vinegar flavor... OMG, I'd never leave the house. lol Thank goodness for flavored cream cheese... (which I should probably switch to a light version of those, as well...)

i know what I have to do, I know what i AM doing... why am I still GAINING weight! damnit! its all so very frustraiting...

oh, and I have a loft bed, now, so I'm constantly climbing up and down my bed to go to the bath room, ect... I'm not getting as much sleep since my roomy got a job, because I have to tend to the pigs. if/when I get one, I'll have to make sure the house if pig proof... erg.. so I am running after them all day.... so its not like I'm sitting on my ass all day, doing nothing... I'm moving... and its cold in here, so I'm always moving some part of me... :)

Do you get at least 30-45 minutes a day of vigorous exercise a day? And by vigorous, you should be able to talk while you're exercising (if you can't you're doing it too hard) but if you have enough breath to sing then you are not going hard enough.

Dieting is very ineffective when it comes to weight loss, why do you think women (who usually diet) have a harder time losing weight then men (who usually prefer to exercise)? And don't say metabolism, men eat MORE than enough to make up for that difference (which is a mere 700 calories, I burn that off EASY playing DDR for an hour and a half), the only difference is that they burn it off and we just sit around usually and do nothing. Sitting around and eating less is NOT what God intended to keep in shape and healthy.

If you get exercise appropriately then you need not worry about your weight, your metabolism will boost itself immensely, especially if you weight train. I always advocate weight training also because if you are a female and you don't weight train your body looks fucking GROSS. All soft, weak, flabby and gushy, freaking grody, I want a hard strong body that I can be proud of! That and it significantly raises your BMR and your ego because by weight training you become one step closer to Chuck Norrisness.

When I was exercising properly and was 130 lbs I would go to the buffet about once a week and eat 9 - 10 plates, proof in fact, that just exercise alone is enough to keep anyone skinny. I feel SO bad for people that are duped into dieting, it's horribly ineffective, your body wants food not to be starved and will be pissed and retaliate by slowing down your metabolism, making you fatter, and if you diet you WILL GAIN back the weight no matter what, there is no avoidign it because as I said, dieting makes your body hate you and want to be fat.

But...as much as I hate telling this to everyone because I know how adverse eveyrone is to moving around, if you're not breaking up a heart pounding sweat at least 4-5 days a week for a minimum of 30-45 minutes a day, then your weight isn't going anywhere. At least not healthily, and you'll be in constant hell from being hungry. When I lose weight, I'm never hungry, I eat as much as I want and spend hours a day working it off, best way to go. And if you don't get cardio exercise on a regular basis, it is fact that you will feel like shitty crap all the time no matter what because your body is so out of shape.

Just friendly advice from someone who tried waching what I ate for about 7-8 years and the wisened up to the fact that human beings are meant to work their bodies, not starve themselves. Think about it.

Edited by Chernobyl

I would like to lose around 20 lbs.....i am i think about 170 lbs 5'11" and i like the way i look when i am 150 lbs way better, i really need to just be more toned in my rear and stomach.....

I know my issue is i am currently asleep all day long and i get up around 10 pm then go about my 'day' obviously not to normal of a schedule.

When i start work however, i should 'A' be moving more 'B' Have a generally more consistent schedule so i can eat on a steady schedule through the day instead of in the wee hours in the night. I know just being up in the day time working with the kids will make me loose some of the pounds i have stored away so we will see what happens after i start work :D

I am on day 2 of the colon cleanse.....

I am going to go work out right now.. :shock: Me working out on a weekend?? Working out for the 5th day in a row??

Sweeeeet..... I am soooooo psyched to be back to where I was B4.. Shit I don't think any of you have seem Me thin except maaaaaybe taystee, but I'm not sure..

I am proud of all of you for putting up a ticker thing :) I don't really weigh Meself often so you can just gauge Me loss by the type of clothes I wear at The Club {they get less & less ;) }

DRINK LOTS OF WATER, KIDS

Stupid question - what is the purpose of the colon cleanse (besides the obvious)?

I weigh myself obsessively (numerous times a day). I'm forcing myself to limit it to once a day.

I ran up and down the stairs 50 times today (one up and one down counted as 1). Once there isn't so much snow outside, I'm going to start walking.

@ Chernobyl: this goes deeper than wanting to lose weight. I HAVE to eat a certain way, because I am insulin resistant. I can't eat certain foods, because my body CAN'T break it down and use it for energy. SO i have to rely on dieting. Exercise is good and all, but if I don't eat a certain way, I'll weigh 300 lbs and still be able to run 6 miles in 15 mins. besides, I've done the walking thing, and all that happened was my calves got HUGE!!! so I'm in the middle of finding what works for me....

Edit to add: while I find what works, I'm not just sitting.. we have an exercise ball, and I have been doing crunches on that... works the ass too, cuz you gotta keep that damn thing stable. lol

Edited by GothicRavenGoddess

@ Chernobyl: this goes deeper than wanting to lose weight. I HAVE to eat a certain way, because I am insulin resistant. I can't eat certain foods, because my body CAN'T break it down and use it for energy. SO i have to rely on dieting. Exercise is good and all, but if I don't eat a certain way, I'll weigh 300 lbs and still be able to run 6 miles in 15 mins. besides, I've done the walking thing, and all that happenend was my calves got HUGE!!! so I'm in the middle of finding what works for me....

Gotcha, I realize you have PCOS and that means you have to eat a certain way, but even with that said weight loss itself comes from exercise, not from eating a certain way. Your different because your weight loss comes from both ends, as someone going into nursing I'd be foolish to not realize that everyone is different, but if you couple your special dietary needs with exercise then you'll lose weight. Special dietary needs without exercise? Probably not losin' much, if any at all.

I mean I'm a bit extreme, I used to work out for 4-7 hours day, and burn upwards of 1,000 calories easily and could bench a clear 175 a for a few reps. I used to have some fucking guns on me, manly guns, like huge anacondas for arms, it was hot.

Stupid question - what is the purpose of the colon cleanse (besides the obvious)?

I weigh myself obsessively (numerous times a day). I'm forcing myself to limit it to once a day.

I ran up and down the stairs 50 times today (one up and one down counted as 1). Once there isn't so much snow outside, I'm going to start walking.

The cleanse removes encrusted material from inside the intestines, which in turn helps your body absorb the nutrients you need to be healthy & feel good..

Stairs are great..

& Yeah stop weighing yourself so often.. You are not going to fluctuate within a single day, so quit reminding yourself of your weight..

The secret to weight loss is to think thin.. Don't obsess over your weight, just feel your body on the inside {quit thinking dirty thoughts kids} Just envision how you feel you desire to look.. & it's all about physical comfort, not your weight or size.. We are all so different in our shapes..

Nobody should look at someone else & want to be thin like they are... You need to figure out 'your thin'.. It took Me years to see that.. Even when I weighed 135 {which is to thin for my frame} I thought I was chubby... I look at those pics now & I can't believe how trim I was..

This pic is pre-kid, but I did get back down to that weight again after him.. I was a bit more curvy after the child birthing, but I can't argue with that.

This is Me motivational pic :biggrin:

gallery_3006_628_21004.jpg

@ Chernobyl: this goes deeper than wanting to lose weight. I HAVE to eat a certain way, because I am insulin resistant. I can't eat certain foods, because my body CAN'T break it down and use it for energy. SO i have to rely on dieting. Exercise is good and all, but if I don't eat a certain way, I'll weigh 300 lbs and still be able to run 6 miles in 15 mins. besides, I've done the walking thing, and all that happened was my calves got HUGE!!! so I'm in the middle of finding what works for me....

Edit to add: while I find what works, I'm not just sitting.. we have an exercise ball, and I have been doing crunches on that... works the ass too, cuz you gotta keep that damn thing stable. lol

Those are great... You can do allot of yoga moves on those :biggrin:

Remember kids 'think thin'...when you are exersizing focus on those mucle groups you are useing & when you do the cardio stuff, feel the weight melting away.....

I'm tellin' ya all, mind/body connection is a good portion of what you need to be trim & healthy.

The cleanse removes encrusted material from inside the intestines, which in turn helps your body absorb the nutrients you need to be healthy & feel good..

Stairs are great..

& Yeah stop weighing yourself so often.. You are not going to fluctuate within a single day, so quit reminding yourself of your weight..

The secret to weight loss is to think thin.. Don't obsess over your weight, just feel your body on the inside {quit thinking dirty thoughts kids} Just envision how you feel you desire to look.. & it's all about physical comfort, not your weight or size.. We are all so different in our shapes..

Nobody should look at someone else & want to be thin like they are... You need to figure out 'your thin'.. It took Me years to see that.. Even when I weighed 135 {which is to thin for my frame} I thought I was chubby... I look at those pics now & I can't believe how trim I was..

This pic is pre-kid, but I did get back down to that weight again after him.. I was a bit more curvy after the child birthing, but I can't argue with that.

This is Me motivational pic :biggrin:

gallery_3006_628_21004.jpg

god damn censorship

I have suspended my diet until I leave California because my boyfriend and his mom eat amazingly unhealthy stuff, and because his mom throws a fit if I don't eat a massive helping of everything she makes. I got tired of arguing with her every meal and decided that I'm on vacation and I'll just eat what I want. Judging by the way my pants are fitting I haven't gained anything, though, so that's good.

A few things I wanted to point out:

7 years ago I lost 60+ lbs, and the whole time I was loosing weight I was consuming massive amounts of caffeine and real soda, so don't think you have to give up soda to loose weight. Could I have lost another 10-15 lbs if I gave up soda? Yeah, I probably could have, but it wasn't worth it to me.

I think the key is to find healthy foods that you like to eat, rather than trying to substitute things, or eating ridiculously small portions. I cannot stand things like baked potato chips, diet soda, low-fat cheese, etc. If I'm craving something, I eat a small portion of what I'm craving, not the low fat substitute, because those don't satisfy me, and I end up eating more.

The main things I did to lose weight were switch to skim milk, which I'll admit was no problem for me, switch to low fat margarine, and cut the amount of margarine I used in/on everything in half, stop putting cheese on everything, Slim Fast for breakfast, and not have anything but liquids past 8 pm. If I'd get late night hunger I found that a tea spoon of low-fat peanut butter works best for me. If I went to a restaurant I would pretty much stick to soup or salad (luckily I love both, so it was no hardship for me). Two things that I totally gave up, and honestly didn't miss after the first 2 weeks, were pizza and french fries, and sure enough, I put weight back on when I started eating those 2 things again. I did exercise, but I will admit I never had any sort of exercise routine, or set time to do it. That was also when I found out that sedentary jobs do not work for my lifestyle. I love being up on my feet and moving around. To me, desk jobs=depression, weight gain, and generally feeling like crap.

There are probably some tips in there, but I just wanted to share my experience. I'm working on losing about 25 lbs. right now. If that goes well, maybe more, but I'm quite happy with my figure at 25 lbs. less than what I am right now, and my old clothes would fit again.

Stairs are great..

Cool - is there a brand or something you can recommend for the colon cleanse (or herbs or something)?

I would LOVE to weigh 100 pounds, but I know that is way too thin for me, and the eternal would be very mad at me :)

Edited by bean water

1) careful with the colon clease stuff - sometimes they can flush/kill/otherwise fuck up the necessary digestive enzymes.

2) sorry, chern, exercise alone is *not* enough. yes, it's more effective than diet alone, but if you eat more to compensate for exercising more, all you're going to do is *maybe* tone some muscle. (unless you're lifting weights, or doing calisthenics-type stuff) it's the combination of exercising more, and maintaining a net loss of calories daily, that will get you to lose weight. (i should say, fat, because, well, let me paste something i put in an old thread a while back...)

i would just like to add (and this is for everyone, not just bean) that if you're losing weight, there wil be a point where you *will* stop, no matter what you do. in fact, for anyone who is thinking about taking up any kind of weight training, you may find that you start to gain weight! the problem is, most people freak at this idea, even though that kind of weight (muscle) is actually beneficial. you may lose 5 pound of fat, but put on 6 pounds of muscle, and in no way is that a failure...

anyway, all i'm saying is, for now the weight numbers can be a goal, but don't ignore the fact that eventually, it won't apply. when the weight loss starts to slow significantly, it might be better to switch to a body fat % as a goal, which will allow you to build muscle (if needed/desired) and still work on "thinning/leaning out".

1) careful with the colon clease stuff - sometimes they can flush/kill/otherwise fuck up the necessary digestive enzymes.

...that is why you do it 1 time a year...maybe 2 or 3 if a Practitioner (yes they haz to take class{es}) recommends it...

O_M_G's boss does I think 4 of them a year...but she is old...(I mean older than ANYONE on the board) ;)

good point. depression does that. i've gone thru it myself...

Yeah, but that was 2-3 years ago that I wasn't eating well. For the past year and a half I've been a healthy eater, if not a voracious one. Idk. I think I may have perma-altered by body chemistry somehow and now have super-powered metabolism.

I think we need to find a gothic workout video with goth chicks doing aerobics and stretching and stuff.... and... um.... wait... I would never get anything done as far as a workout except for maybe my hand.... Nevermind

I think I seen something like that for a little while then everything went black, I woke up and my balls hurt.

But seriously I need to lose weight too. Lousy fat

:p silly slogo. lol

well, just follow the tips here, and you'll do fine. lol

one thing you may want to consider is to cut back on the alcohol. :) (and no I'm not implying you drink too much... beer and coctails, and malt liquors, and whatever else, is loaded with sugars and carbs. :) and I'm going to take my own advice and not drink anymore, at CC... :) )

Edited by GothicRavenGoddess

:p silly slogo. lol

well, just follow the tips here, and you'll do fine. lol

one thing you may want to consider is to cut back on the alcohol. :) (and no I'm not implying you drink too much... beer and coctails, and malt liquors, and whatever else, is loaded with sugars and carbs. :) and I'm going to take my own advice and not drink anymore, at CC... :) )

i only drink randomly