The Biggest Loser DGN Style

Oh_My_Goth

I would put a weight loss ticker on my signature, but it would keep going in reverse. I'm the largest I've been

in years. I look average, but my clothes don't fit the same and I'm heading for a new wardrobe, which I can't afford.

My court battle with the ex has really been kicking my ass, and I find that when I get stressed, even a little bit,

I reach for food, anything that's around.

I found myself eating dry, uncooked ramen yesterday.

Actually a co-worker did and laughed at me. :unsure:

And the new vending machine around the corner sure isn't helping.

Go but some granola & mix it up w/ some dried fruits & almonds.. Keep that w/ you for when you need to have that crunchy snack ;)

one thing i'd like to point out - be sure that if you;re going to diet, you allow yourself a little leeway. plan it into your week. for instance, tonight for dinner i had pizza rolls, and right now, i'm snacking on low-fat popcorn, and sipping at a bottle of wine. workout will have to be tomorrow, because 52 deg. is just too damn cold to work out! it's better now, but...

Go but some granola & mix it up w/ some dried fruits & almonds.. Keep that w/ you for when you need to have that crunchy snack ;)

nuts contain very healthy fats, however, be very careful with them. a small handful (1 oz.) is 170-180 calories, all fat) 2-3 large handfuls, and you're looking at the same calorie-cost as a steak & mixed veggie dinner!

that being said, i had a handful of raw pecans when i got home tonight... =)

I am under doctors orders to lose weight. I'm 22 years old and my cholesterol is so high the doctor actually said I will probably drop dead at 30 of a heart attack if I don't change my ways. So, with that being said I'm 220 pounds and want to loose at least 50 by September because I'm a bitch and want to look better than my sister at her wedding. My main goal is to get back to at least 140-145, because like OMG I miss being a size 8/10.

1st, i want to say that there's nothing wrong with lacking feminine curves. everyone's body is different.

2nd, gaining weight and losing weight are approached with the same set of tools. i've posted a bunch before - i'll see if i can dig up the old threads and link them.

Eh, I want to gain weight and get some curves the same reason exceptionally larger women who aren't suffering in health due to size want to lose weight. It's all about aesthetics.

Plus I'm underweight, I'm sure. 5'7 and only weighing 117? That's pretty scary. Hopefully my metabolism slows in time, but I'll be 19 soon and it's still showing no sign of doing so.

Eh, I want to gain weight and get some curves the same reason exceptionally larger women who aren't suffering in health due to size want to lose weight. It's all about aesthetics.

Plus I'm underweight, I'm sure. 5'7 and only weighing 117? That's pretty scary. Hopefully my metabolism slows in time, but I'll be 19 soon and it's still showing no sign of doing so.

scary? hell, one of my exes was 5' 9" and 115 when i met her, and sexy as hell. i dig that... don't sweat the numbers, be happy with whatever you have, and work on becoming what you want...

You all should know my story... with having PCOS, I CAN'T eat certain foods.... <---clicking will take you to the thread....

This is my chart, from the same site that I got my weight loss ticker from, in my signature. :)

My Weight Chart:

wIsgGOC.png

I monitor what's called Glycemic Index. <--clicky

I also watch carbs and cholesterol, as well... you HAVE to watch your cholesterol when starting a lower carb (notice i didn't say "carb free" I, who's body can't process a lot of carbs, don't count them out completely, because the body needs GOOD CARBS to function), diet, because food manufacturers like to add more cholesterol in a desperate fit to make stuff taste better. so you'll be a skinny mini, but you'll still die of a heart attack at 30... 0.o

:)

incorporating things like nuts, and leafy greens, switching to an artificial sweetener, or even just cutting back on the real stuff will help. I personally use the splenda/sugar blend, because it tastes better in coffee and teas, though with they way things are going, I'm going to go back to using Sweet N' Low. Also, if you are going to limit your food intake, you may want to think about taking a "One-A-Day" (and they have all kinds, so read the labels!!!!! and talk to that DR!!!!!)

taking things like white bread and rice out of your diet will help. there is no actual nutritional reason to eat bread. if you gots to eat it, eat whole wheat, or multi-grain (I cannot find one that doesn't put grains on the top of the loaf.. ugh!!! i hate crunchy stuff in my bread, so I try to stick to wheat. )

I know our adult bodies aren't designed to process most dairy foods, which is why eating too much cheese clogs the pipes, but eating more dairy in your diet (as opposed to none.:p) is good for you. Eating a good, low sugar yogurt is good for the pipes. Activia isn't the only kind that will help regulate your system.... its just companies wanting you to spend more money. :p stupid companies... lol

Fish!!! eat fish, and chicken... red meats of all kinds takes longer to digest. and word to the wise? eating steak and potatoes when trying to loose lbs is a HUGE no no... what happens when you eat beef and potatoes together, is the two enzymes in your stomach that break those things down, end up "eating' each other... so it takes a LONG time for that dinner to digest... plus, beef/steak/ect., is the leading cause of colon issues down the line, because not all of it is gotten rid of out of those pipe. :p

a tip my mom picked up from working at a weight loss clinic, (clinic, meaning your weight loss was closly monitored by a Dr, and a team of nurses--my mom is a nurse) is this: drink 8, 8 oz glasses of water a day. (duh) but for ever 10lbs you are over weight, drink and additional 8 oz.

Oh yeah! Apple Cider Vinegar!!!! <---clicky

Edit: to add more.

Edited by GothicRavenGoddess

scary? hell, one of my exes was 5' 9" and 115 when i met her, and sexy as hell. i dig that... don't sweat the numbers, be happy with whatever you have, and work on becoming what you want...

I want to not have people make jokes about how I never eat, that's what I want. Especially since these people see me eat insane amounts of food all the time T_T I actually have a rather horrifying appetite.

And the new vending machine around the corner sure isn't helping.

I make sure I NEVER have cash at work. No vending machines, no ordering lunch. I'm too embarrassed to bum cash from my co-workers, so I just do without. It helps immensely.

Cottage cheese is an amazingly filling source of lean protein. Eat it!!

I picked up some Meijer Organics Flaxseed Bread the other day. The loaf weighs enough to be a weapon! LOL It's actually a very dense and chewy, flavorful bread that is amazingly filling. At 110 calories, 7g Protein and 6g fiber per slice, it's a great choice for the people like me, who really must have bread! My nutritionist told me to make bread count if you have to have it by doing something like this bread, or a sprouted bread is even better. (though not attainable at Meijer.)

Edited by Nienna

...sugar is EVIL...processed sugar that is...

...it activates me schizophrenia...& makes peoples, "fat, & dull & lazy" (quote from Nick Cave of the Bad Seeds)...

...the Splenda causes cancer kiddz...I'm sure of it...remember ALL the other processed foods we have...& that the cancer is on the rise...I see the PATTERNS ;).

...& it does NOT taste right...you know it is super-processed sugar?

Sucralose Wiki...

Tate & Lyle manufactures sucralose at a plant in McIntosh, Alabama, with additional capacity under construction in Jurong, Singapore. It is manufactured by the selective chlorination of sucrose (table sugar), in which three of the hydroxyl groups are replaced with chlorine atoms to produce sucralose. An alternative pathway is to selectively chlorinate raffinose. In May 2008, Fusion Nutraceuticals launched a brand called SucraPlus to compete against Tate & Lyle's Splenda. Sucralose is now also manufactured in India using the same technology as described in Tate & Lyle's now-expired patents.

...you know what tastes better than processed sugar? RAW SUGAR...& it does not cost to much more...

(I don't get why it costs MORE to do LESS to something.)

...you know what is SWEETER than THAT?

H-O-N-E-Y.

Natural, ready to eat...SUPER SWEET...bee puke.

...& there is nutritional value to it as well...funny...there's Vitamin B in it...

Honey in my coffee please!

I make sure I NEVER have cash at work. No vending machines, no ordering lunch. I'm too embarrassed to bum cash from my co-workers, so I just do without. It helps immensely.

Actually, I do the same thing, or used to. Back when I would go to people's houses and get baked-out, in order to save myself from the acute attack of the munchies afterwards, I would make sure not to have cash on me so I couldn't hit up White Castle on the way home.

To get a better idea of what happens when I'm stoned and have money: One time, coming home from a place in Hazel Park after smoking a few blunts with a friend, Pest and I hit up a Burger King, McDonald's and then Rally's on the way, got a value meal super-sized from each place and ate all three before we got to the house on our 20 minute drive.

I know, I'm eating disorder central :laugh:. This is why I take the MAN route of losing weight and emphasize on exercise more than dieting.

So, word from the wise for people that toke: Eat BEFORE...two reasons, A) You won't eat yourself out of house and home after and B) Eating right after smoking takes your buzz away immediately anyhow, which is pretty pointless, imo. Unless you're going to a buffet, then smoke a huge blunt before, eat 9-10 plates to make Chernobyl proud, then toke again after and fall asleep.

Ahh...I miss those days. Oh well, we all have to grow up and get our heads out of a haze some day, yes?

Edited by Chernobyl

...sugar is EVIL...processed sugar that is...

...it activates me schizophrenia...& makes peoples, "fat, & dull & lazy" (quote from Nick Cave of the Bad Seeds)...

...the Splenda causes cancer kiddz...I'm sure of it...remember ALL the other processed foods we have...& that the cancer is on the rise...I see the PATTERNS ;).

...& it does NOT taste right...you know it is super-processed sugar?

Sucralose Wiki...

...you know what tastes better than processed sugar? RAW SUGAR...& it does not cost to much more...

(I don't get why it costs MORE to do LESS to something.)

...you know what is SWEETER than THAT?

H-O-N-E-Y.

Natural, ready to eat...SUPER SWEET...bee puke.

...& there is nutritional value to it as well...funny...there's Vitamin B in it...

Honey in my coffee please!

They're beginning to find that Splenda is just as bad, if not worse, than aspartame. If you value not getting cancer and not having Alzheimer's when you're older: Man up and drink your coffee balls black. Remember, ALWAYS ask yourself "WWCND?" before anything in life, and he would definately never be pussy enough to taint awesome manly coffee with watered down womanly sugar. Think about it.

From my own exp. of when I was overweight (approx. 50 lbs.) I decided that I would simply change my eating habits.

I didn't change what I ate but how much I ate - added in a little exercise (I didn't have to go to some gym - I didn't need a ballys membership like most people think) all I did was walk for 40-45 minutes a day.

I ate one average size meal and two small snack 'meals' everyday - and picked a time of day when I could go walking.

I went from a size 36/37 waist to a 28 inch waist in about 4 1/2 months. And I feel because I changed how much I ate everyday (which I still do to this day) that I have not had any issues gaining weight back. It's been 10 years and I've only gone up to a 30 inch waist.

Also (and most people I know think this is nasty) but I switched to diet cola which was a big part of my problem (too much sugar in reg. coke). I'm not saying it will work for everyone but one can never tell what will work for them.

Just my 2 cents.

Especially since these people see me eat insane amounts of food all the time T_T I actually have a rather horrifying appetite.

Then your problem is simply metabolism. Your body just burns calories faster than the average person. That should change once you hit 30 or so anf then you'll have to watch what you eat and as an added bonus, you'll gain weight faster than you would care to.

I could be wrong but I've noticed that with people I know that use to be real skinny in their 20's and now that they are older they no longer are able to just eat as much as they once did.

Then your problem is simply metabolism. Your body just burns calories faster than the average person. That should change once you hit 30 or so anf then you'll have to watch what you eat and as an added bonus, you'll gain weight faster than you would care to.

I could be wrong but I've noticed that with people I know that use to be real skinny in their 20's and now that they are older they no longer are able to just eat as much as they once did.

:yes

You are very right, Sir.....

I was underweight in Me early 20's w/o trying to much.

disagree - her issue is most likely eating habits - if you'll notice, she mentioned being quite a bit heavier a while back, then she stopped eating, and is currently 40# under what she was... metabolism may be a small part of it, but i'm betting it's eating habits...

disagree - her issue is most likely eating habits - if you'll notice, she mentioned being quite a bit heavier a while back, then she stopped eating, and is currently 40# under what she was... metabolism may be a small part of it, but i'm betting it's eating habits...

If that is what's causing her to be skinny then all she needs to do is eat more.

Actually, I think her problem is her depression (didn't she say she became depressed?) which caused her to eat less so that's something else all together.

No offense.

They're beginning to find that Splenda is just as bad, if not worse, than aspartame. If you value not getting cancer and not having Alzheimer's when you're older: Man up and drink your coffee balls black. Remember, ALWAYS ask yourself "WWCND?" before anything in life, and he would definately never be pussy enough to taint awesome manly coffee with watered down womanly sugar. Think about it.

:rofl: WWCND :rofl:

I love it.

If that is what's causing her to be skinny then all she needs to do is eat more.

Actually, I think her problem is her depression (didn't she say she became depressed?) which caused her to eat less so that's something else all together.

No offense.

good point. depression does that. i've gone thru it myself...

I think we need to find a gothic workout video with goth chicks doing aerobics and stretching and stuff.... and... um.... wait... I would never get anything done as far as a workout except for maybe my hand.... Nevermind

I think we need to find a gothic workout video with goth chicks doing aerobics and stretching and stuff.... and... um.... wait... I would never get anything done as far as a workout except for maybe my hand.... Nevermind

lol. Maybe that could work, but in latex instead of spandex. Yoga in stilettos, anyone?

ugh... I can't believe I'm still gaining!!!!

guess its time to go back to being strait edge. No more alcohol for me. lol and If I do drink it, vodka and cranberry juice... oh well... not like i need the stuff anyways... I haven't gone overboard, but I have just been drinking... I use to not really drink at all...

*sigh*

I'm not upset about the alcohol. (well, maybe just a little... it sucks feeling left out... just my high school way of thinking i guess--i don't even drink to get drunk anymore. I did a couple times... the rest, just one or two drinks, at most....)

i have gotten rid of foods not on my list (Like regular potato chips... those things will be the death of me... ) If the brand of tortilla chips I liked made a salt and vinegar flavor... OMG, I'd never leave the house. lol Thank goodness for flavored cream cheese... (which I should probably switch to a light version of those, as well...)

i know what I have to do, I know what i AM doing... why am I still GAINING weight! damnit! its all so very frustraiting...

oh, and I have a loft bed, now, so I'm constantly climbing up and down my bed to go to the bath room, ect... I'm not getting as much sleep since my roomy got a job, because I have to tend to the pigs. if/when I get one, I'll have to make sure the house if pig proof... erg.. so I am running after them all day.... so its not like I'm sitting on my ass all day, doing nothing... I'm moving... and its cold in here, so I'm always moving some part of me... :)