The Biggest Loser DGN Style

Oh_My_Goth

I am under doctors orders to lose weight. I'm 22 years old and my cholesterol is so high the doctor actually said I will probably drop dead at 30 of a heart attack if I don't change my ways. So, with that being said I'm 220 pounds and want to loose at least 50 by September because I'm a bitch and want to look better than my sister at her wedding. My main goal is to get back to at least 140-145, because like OMG I miss being a size 8/10.

hehe.. this is cute, but the thing about losing weight for a specific event, while GREAT, the problem is people stop being good after said event. If you're going to lose weight, do it for life. Make healthy choices, make it your lifestyle, and not a D*I*E*T Diet is such a nasty word. Once you're at your goal weight, don't stop eating healthy and doing healthy things. The yo-yo effect is horrible on your body, probably worse than just being overweight.

Your doctor is right, having high cholesterol is BAD really really BAD. You've gotta get that fat away from your heart. Good for you for taking that first step.

...sugar is EVIL...processed sugar that is...

...you know what is SWEETER than THAT?

H-U-N-H-E-E.

Why thanks Rev.. :blushing::evil:

ugh... I can't believe I'm still gaining!!!!

guess its time to go back to being strait edge. No more alcohol for me. lol and If I do drink it, vodka and cranberry juice... oh well... not like i need the stuff anyways... I haven't gone overboard, but I have just been drinking... I use to not really drink at all...

You're right drinking alcoholic beverages is bad, but cranberry juice? the WORST! It has so much sugar in it to make it palatable (for most humans) it's not really cranberry, it's a mixture of LOTS of sugars.

If you want an alcoholic beverage that you can have at a bar, ask for clear alcohols. The best would be if you drank it on the rocks, but some of us like that form of torture.

Whilst not at CC, there are some companies that have made sugar free drink packets ('on the go') style. I will post it later.

DRINK LOTS OF WATER, KIDS

Listen to this woman, she knows what she's talking about. You cannot be healthy without drinking water. Try to drink at LEAST 6 glasses of water a day, healthier would be 8-10. Your body needs water, your brain especially needs water. Just to boost metabolism water helps.

Sometimes our brains mixes up the signals and you feel hunger when your body is just deficient in water. If you find you're hungry and you've just eaten an hour ago, try drinking 2 glasses (16 oz) of water. Wait 15-20 minutes, if your body still says your hungry, eat an apple or a raw veggie or something healthy.

Do you get at least 30-45 minutes a day of vigorous exercise a day? And by vigorous, you should be able to talk while you're exercising (if you can't you're doing it too hard) but if you have enough breath to sing then you are not going hard enough.

Exercise works for you, but not for everyone, some of us are just not exercisers, but walking I can do. I do silly things like park farther out from the doors I need to get in to get a few extra steps, if I'm grocery shopping, I go down every isle (although, sometimes that makes me buy more crap..hehe). Buy a pedometer, you can get one at REI or some other sporting goods places for like $20 (a decent one) and keep track of your steps. They say that 10,000 steps in a day is your goal. Way cheaper than any gym membership, and way less embarrassing.. I hate gyms, and also game consoles for DDR..hehe although, I am still going to purchase that game.

@ Chernobyl: this goes deeper than wanting to lose weight. I HAVE to eat a certain way, because I am insulin resistant. I can't eat certain foods, because my body CAN'T break it down and use it for energy. SO i have to rely on dieting. Exercise is good and all, but if I don't eat a certain way, I'll weigh 300 lbs and still be able to run 6 miles in 15 mins. besides, I've done the walking thing, and all that happened was my calves got HUGE!!! so I'm in the middle of finding what works for me....

Edit to add: while I find what works, I'm not just sitting.. we have an exercise ball, and I have been doing crunches on that... works the ass too, cuz you gotta keep that damn thing stable. lol

One word for you, and O_M_G said it several times.. Y O G A.. it's FANTASTIC for you, and I don't mean any of the hard core stuff, slow flow/healthy backs yoga works great!! It also centers you. When I did yoga every day (for three months), I was the happiest I'd ever been in a really long time. It was like a happy drug. It's expensive to go to a place to do it, but you can do it at home. Most of the Yoga places give free week trials, try it out, guaranteed you'd love it.

I felt that I needed to update my weight loss ticker to acknowledge the weight that I've lost already in the two and a half year battle.

It's depressing to see that I'm only at 90 pounds lost, when in mid 2008, I was at 150 pounds lost.

Depressing or not, I'm VERY VERY proud of you. 90 lbs is fantastic!!! so what you back slid a bit, you still aren't up to where you were, and you're getting re-focused. :clap: Of course I think the world of you.. :):respect:

Edited by hunhee

Now for me, I know I'm always talking about healthy lifestyle, I slid off that for a bit (Xmas is MURDER for a healthy lifestyle if you're weaker willed), but I'm getting back on it again. I didn't get back up to the weight I was before, but I did gain back pretty close to 10 lbs. This past week, I've spent being good, and I feel re-energized again.

My favorite person in the world introduced me to something I never thought I'd like, and that's snowshoeing. I tried it this weekend, and although my sense of direction sux, and I got lost, I had a BLAST doing it!!! After about 15 minutes of walking about in the show shoes, I was WARM. The initial expense is probably a bit hefty, but it gets me out of the house, into nature, and it's winter out. One of my biggest complaints is not being able to go out walking in the wintertime, cause I'm such a klutz, I'm afraid of slipping, and now I can. I also got a seasons pass for the metro parks. :) You can also rent cross country ski's there if you're so inclined. :)

Some tips that may help you out:

1. Drink 8 glasses of water a day - without the flavouring, just plain water.

2. Take a multi-vitemin (HEALTH is our main concern)

3. Just because it's fat free, doesn't mean it's CALORIE FREE. Read your labels carefully.

4. Journal what you eat (even the BLT's - Bite/Lick/Tastes) You'd be amazed what you put in your mouth in a day. :evil:

5. 2 teaspoons of healthy oil a day helps, don't ask me why, but it seriously does.

6. Try to eat 2 fat free dairy products a day. It helps as well.

7. Eat 5-6 servings of veggies and fruit a day (I try to do raw veggies).

8. MOVE - I know this is hard, but every little bit helps.

I gotz lots more, but this seems a bit overwhelming for now, so I'll let this settle. ;)

hehe.. this is cute, but the thing about losing weight for a specific event, while GREAT, the problem is people stop being good after said event. If you're going to lose weight, do it for life. Make healthy choices, make it your lifestyle, and not a D*I*E*T Diet is such a nasty word. Once you're at your goal weight, don't stop eating healthy and doing healthy things. The yo-yo effect is horrible on your body, probably worse than just being overweight.

Your doctor is right, having high cholesterol is BAD really really BAD. You've gotta get that fat away from your heart. Good for you for taking that first step.

You're right drinking alcoholic beverages is bad

Listen to this woman, she knows what she's talking about. You cannot be healthy without drinking water. Try to drink at LEAST 6 glasses of water a day, healthier would be 8-10. Your body needs water, your brain especially needs water. Just to boost metabolism water helps.

Sometimes our brains mixes up the signals and you feel hunger when your body is just deficient in water. If you find you're hungry and you've just eaten an hour ago, try drinking 2 glasses (16 oz) of water. Wait 15-20 minutes, if your body still says your hungry, eat an apple or a raw veggie or something healthy.

Exercise works for you, but not for everyone, some of us are just not exercisers, but walking I can do. I do silly things like park farther out from the doors I need to get in to get a few extra steps, if I'm grocery shopping, I go down every isle (although, sometimes that makes me buy more crap..hehe). Buy a pedometer, you can get one at REI or some other sporting goods places for like $20 (a decent one) and keep track of your steps. They say that 10,000 steps in a day is your goal. Way cheaper than any gym membership, and way less embarrassing.. I hate gyms, and also game consoles for DDR..hehe although, I am still going to purchase that game.

One word for you, and O_M_G said it several times.. Y O G A.. it's FANTASTIC for you, and I don't mean any of the hard core stuff, slow flow/healthy backs yoga works great!! It also centers you. When I did yoga every day (for three months), I was the happiest I'd ever been in a really long time. It was like a happy drug. It's expensive to go to a place to do it, but you can do it at home. Most of the Yoga places give free week trials, try it out, guaranteed you'd love it.

Depressing or not, I'm VERY VERY proud of you. 90 lbs is fantastic!!! so what you back slid a bit, you still aren't up to where you were, and you're getting re-focused. :clap: Of course I think the world of you.. :):respect:

for me, its not a diet, its a way of eating. "diet", to me, means something is missing, and I don't feel like I'm missing anything. lol its easier to eat the right thing... :) Don't forget, folks, things that are low in barbs/sugar (made that they are low, as compared to the same product with the carbs in it) usually has more cholesterol, so you have to be careful in what you get.

I will say it again: the best way to keep your body from retaining water is to drink more. (and to drink a little more if you eat something particularly salty......) a tip my mom picked up from working at a weight loss clinic, (clinic, meaning your weight loss was closely monitored by a Dr, and a team of nurses--my mom is a nurse) is this: drink 8, 8 oz glasses of water a day. (duh) but for every 10lbs you are over weight, drink and additional 8 oz. (its been proven to work) oh yes, and if you are drinking the proper amount of water, your lips and skin won't be as dry either. and with this MI weather, dry skin seems to be prevalent. I agree with you there. unflavored water is best... BUT if you have to have something... adding real lemon juice (as in from a real lemon) is a natural diuretic. :p and helps to curb appetite. when one's mother gets involved in nutrition, one tends to learn a lot, especially when she's been at it for like 10 years or so. lmao

oh yeah, I'm def not an exerciser. lol I'm def going to be starting a yoga regime, and looking up things to do (other than crunches) that will go with the large exercise ball we have. I also have some elastic bands (for exercising), so I'm going to incorporate those, as well. :)

I'm with HunHee on that one... congratulations. any weight loss is a milestone, even if its not been a while since you lost...

oh yeah, I'm def not an exerciser. lol I'm def going to be starting a yoga regime, and looking up things to do (other than crunches) that will go with the large exercise ball we have. I also have some elastic bands (for exercising), so I'm going to incorporate those, as well. :)

Yoga promotes elongation of the muscle mass, instead of thickening. :) They also said the reason why you're burning fat without strenuous exercise is the oxygen that you inhale. Oxidation is KEY to fat loss. That's why when you do aerobic exercise, you get your heart-rate up, and your lungs try to pull in more Oxygen.

It also makes you strong, and uses your own body as it's own exercise tools instead of machines. Which I like. :)

I'm a virgin cleanser myself! OMG, You need to hook us app up so we can colon blow together! It can all be cataloged here... oh the glory!

I wish I could rollerskate, but will be grounded at the rink due to horrible clumsiness. I'll be there though.

We may now begin the Colon Blow Crew.

I'm a virgin cleanser too!

CBC, Baby.

You are doing great :w00t:

Keep it up, chica

Hellz yeah!

We want Colon Blow. Let us know when we may get ours next weekend!

i wanna drop about 20lbs iam about a 180 and wanna get down to 160

\

Fawwwwwwwwwwwk, I'd kill baby harp seals to get back to 180 lbs Gimp!! Or, I'll just join the CBC with the others, flush a few unwanted lbs, continue exercising at my current rate, and maybe, just maybe I'll hit the 180s by summers end. I want to be under 200 by Easter.

Fawwwwwwwwwwwk, I'd kill baby harp seals to get back to 180 lbs Gimp!! Or, I'll just join the CBC with the others, flush a few unwanted lbs, continue exercising at my current rate, and maybe, just maybe I'll hit the 180s by summers end. I want to be under 200 by Easter.

I will get to you kids soon, I will make sure Me work can supply enough.. We just had a huge order for it Friday.. We may have to order the ingredients.. So chill your asses out there.. I got ya ;)

I will get to you kids soon, I will make sure Me work can supply enough.. We just had a huge order for it Friday.. We may have to order the ingredients.. So chill your asses out there.. I got ya ;)

:rofl: "chill your asses out" :rofl:

All I can think about is.. "thar she blows!!!" :rofl:

I just edited one of my entries on alcohol.

Here's the link to the product I was referring to...Baja Bob's Sugar Free Drink Mixes

He has a whole line of products... :)

sugar_free_drink.giflow_calorie_drinks.gif

Pay special attention to the margarita mixes, they have "to go" packets..

OR you can just take those regular sugar free drink mixes and mix it with vodka & ice, not a bad option. ;)

Only drink in moderation.. getting blitzed on these isn't going to help your metabolism.

Edited by hunhee

Everyone's body reacts differently to food. That's why Journaling is VERY important. If you had a good week, you can go back and analyze what it is you ate. Don't forget sometimes your good week could have been TWO weeks ago.

Some people are good one week, and they don't have any loss that week, so they get discouraged and do a bad week, and then have a loss. Trust me, your body was probably on a delay. This is a great way to find out how your body works.

Consistency is KEY here. If you are consistently good, you will be rewarded over time.

Now for me, I know I'm always talking about healthy lifestyle, I slid off that for a bit (Xmas is MURDER for a healthy lifestyle if you're weaker willed), but I'm getting back on it again. I didn't get back up to the weight I was before, but I did gain back pretty close to 10 lbs. This past week, I've spent being good, and I feel re-energized again.

My favorite person in the world introduced me to something I never thought I'd like, and that's snowshoeing. I tried it this weekend, and although my sense of direction sux, and I got lost, I had a BLAST doing it!!! After about 15 minutes of walking about in the show shoes, I was WARM. The initial expense is probably a bit hefty, but it gets me out of the house, into nature, and it's winter out. One of my biggest complaints is not being able to go out walking in the wintertime, cause I'm such a klutz, I'm afraid of slipping, and now I can. I also got a seasons pass for the metro parks. :) You can also rent cross country ski's there if you're so inclined. :)

Some tips that may help you out:

1. Drink 8 glasses of water a day - without the flavouring, just plain water.

2. Take a multi-vitemin (HEALTH is our main concern)

3. Just because it's fat free, doesn't mean it's CALORIE FREE. Read your labels carefully.

4. Journal what you eat (even the BLT's - Bite/Lick/Tastes) You'd be amazed what you put in your mouth in a day. :evil:

5. 2 teaspoons of healthy oil a day helps, don't ask me why, but it seriously does.

6. Try to eat 2 fat free dairy products a day. It helps as well.

7. Eat 5-6 servings of veggies and fruit a day (I try to do raw veggies).

8. MOVE - I know this is hard, but every little bit helps.

I gotz lots more, but this seems a bit overwhelming for now, so I'll let this settle. ;)

...EVERY LICK & TASTE?...of EVERYTHING?????!

...that must make oral a chore...

*runs*

I felt that I needed to update my weight loss ticker to acknowledge the weight that I've lost already in the two and a half year battle.

It's depressing to see that I'm only at 90 pounds lost, when in mid 2008, I was at 150 pounds lost.

It's still a huge accomplishment. I have slipped back up 15 lbs in the last year. It just cept back on slowly while I failed to pay enough attention. We just have to say "yes, I fell of the wagon"... and then make the next go more healthy, maintainable, and determined. We can do it!!

Sooooooo, it's Meself, Rev, Nienna, & Constantin We hadz the pizza :rolleyes:

Darnit!! Why'd you have to implicate me??

I need somebody to make me exercise. I don't want to loose weight, but I would like to firm up my bum and thighs a bit. There's only one way to do that, good old exercise. I find it difficult to get motivated, even with nude photo shoots looming. I need someone to remind me and harp on me everyday, until I do it. Haha....maybe I need a bf =P .

It's still a huge accomplishment. I have slipped back up 15 lbs in the last year. It just cept back on slowly while I failed to pay enough attention. We just have to say "yes, I fell of the wagon"... and then make the next go more healthy, maintainable, and determined. We can do it!!

Darnit!! Why'd you have to implicate me??

.."implicate"???....why Sweety..it was YOUR idea!

.......& to right about the top...I have to do the same with the Pepsi...I can has 1-2 a week...if I have more...it'll be 2 a day...bad stuff that is....but WE as Humans can re-double our efforts at WILL...

....WILL is the KEY!

.....how do you bump your Willpower; you might want to ask the REV.....

..f'in' YOGA!

...you know what is SWEETER than THAT?

H-O-N-E-Y.

Natural, ready to eat...SUPER SWEET...bee puke.

...& there is nutritional value to it as well...funny...there's Vitamin B in it...

Honey in my coffee please!

honey.... mmmmmm i loooooove honey. i have honey every day.

good thread. :happy: i hope everyone reaches their goals!

I need somebody to make me exercise. I don't want to loose weight, but I would like to firm up my bum and thighs a bit. There's only one way to do that, good old exercise. I find it difficult to get motivated, even with nude photo shoots looming. I need someone to remind me and harp on me everyday, until I do it. Haha....maybe I need a bf =P .

Hop to it, Lady :whip