Synths that literally ROCK your world

• 1 month later...

I actually like my 2000 V3 just as much! But for the money the SH-201 is crazy! For the price it is amazing. Most of our stuff is recorded and then manipulated through plugins of other processors so most of what you hear isn't the raw sound from the board. Both the Kurzweils are great programming workstations.... I've been messing around with the 2000 V3 for years and still haven't tapped into all it can do.

Heres so pics of my keyboard set up, for more go to www.myspce.com/cybertrybe

key1.jpg

key2.jpg

key3.jpg

key4.jpg

:bow:drool:bow:drool

i started off with a K2vk initially. We also used a Korg ms2000 and Novation synth. These days, d:konstruct uses all soft synths with midi controller for live shows. As far as favorites soft synths, here are my current favorites:

Absynth

Sytrus

Morphine

Toxic

Saw

Pro 53

Microtonic

Z3ta

Superwave

etc.

I'm getting away from using regular samples in the music and moving in the direction of using only soft synths. I find the sound quality is better and everything is done at the highest sampling/bit rate. aklso, a good sound card and AD converters help:)

I still use FLstudio as a scratch sequencer to get fast results and then throw everything into Cubase, master it, and ship it off to my producer. I'm buying a Roland 2480 very sson to use for our online machine for our upcoming summer shows. It's gonna be sweet. If anyone's interested in playing a show with us let me know.

i started off with a K2vk initially. We also used a Korg ms2000 and Novation synth. These days, d:konstruct uses all soft synths with midi controller for live shows. As far as favorites soft synths, here are my current favorites:

Absynth

Sytrus

Morphine

Toxic

Saw

Pro 53

Microtonic

Z3ta

Superwave

etc.

I'm getting away from using regular samples in the music and moving in the direction of using only soft synths. I find the sound quality is better and everything is done at the highest sampling/bit rate. aklso, a good sound card and AD converters help:)

I still use FLstudio as a scratch sequencer to get fast results and then throw everything into Cubase, master it, and ship it off to my producer. I'm buying a Roland 2480 very sson to use for our online machine for our upcoming summer shows. It's gonna be sweet. If anyone's interested in playing a show with us let me know.

If you had to pick one or two of those to start with, what would they be? I'm about to buy a laptop for the sole purpose of composition/recording, and any opinions would be useful.

I would have to agree with Evil Fish. Absynth is the cleanest, highest quality soft synth. You can go to KVR VST web site also and download a lot of free VST sound preset banks as well. My next choice would be Z3ta because of the various crunchy presets and fun leads. I also use Korg Legacy but it can be very CPU heavy. If anyone uses FLStudio, I would recommend the FLStudio bible. It helps with the learning curve of the program and is a fun read. I might be out at CC his Friday so if you have any more questions just ask.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...