Synths that literally ROCK your world

Macbeth M5, for example:

target="_blank

:jamin:jamin:jamin

Sequential Circuits Pro One

So many of those sounds can be heard on early Portion Control, Skinny Puppy and Front Line Assembly albums and more bands. I had one in college and while a Nord Lead is a nice replacement, I kick myself daily for selling the Pro One.

My friend Johnny still has the Roland drum machine used in that video! Damn good condition, too...at least the last time I saw it.

Korg Prophecy:

target="_blank

:wub:

NICE! I used to rock a Korg Prophecy in Backspace. Nice powerful little synth. E-Craft used it in their sound to great effect. speaking of small powerful synths - Big fan of the Novation K-Station

NICE! I used to rock a Korg Prophecy in Backspace. Nice powerful little synth. E-Craft used it in their sound to great effect. speaking of small powerful synths - Big fan of the Novation K-Station

You were in Backspace? :jamin

I posted a link to a live vid of Sister in the "anybody remember this song" thread; it's on page 7.

You were in Backspace? :jamin

I posted a link to a live vid of Sister in the "anybody remember this song" thread; it's on page 7.

Yeah I was in Backspace for a good while. The debut CD came out on my own label and I contributed to a lot of the demos for what was never to become the second full-length CD. I left the band shortly after the show where we opened for Covenant and Melotron. It's been 10 years now since "Clockwork Pathogen" was released. I still talk to those guys but we're all so VERY different now. Our musical taste now are far more scattered than back then even.

But damn we got to open for everyone from Clan of Xymox to Icon of Coil to SPOCK to In Strict Confidence to Das Ich to VNV Nation to Stromkern and more. Crazy when I look back on it all.

That video is horrid (LOL). I'm the guy playing the synths in back. Looks like I was using my Kurzweil on the bottom teir and the Nord Lead on top, both of which are collecting dust in my studio now.

Good times.

Sequential Circuits Pro One

target="_blank

So many of those sounds can be heard on early Portion Control, Skinny Puppy and Front Line Assembly albums and more bands. I had one in college and while a Nord Lead is a nice replacement, I kick myself daily for selling the Pro One.

It's pretty unlikely you don't know this already, but in case you don't, dude - Sequential's Dave Smith is back in the game! :jamin

Everything we've (CyberTrybe) has done thus far was made using Ensoniqs and Kurzweil 2000 V3 and 2600. The new CD has that and the Roland SH-201. Of course... most everything is manipulated through other machines but that is the foundation of our keys sound. A lot of what sounds like Keys is really done with Guitars in the studio.

Sean

Cybertrybe

Those 2600s fuckin' rock.

I actually like my 2000 V3 just as much! But for the money the SH-201 is crazy! For the price it is amazing. Most of our stuff is recorded and then manipulated through plugins of other processors so most of what you hear isn't the raw sound from the board. Both the Kurzweils are great programming workstations.... I've been messing around with the 2000 V3 for years and still haven't tapped into all it can do.

Heres so pics of my keyboard set up, for more go to www.myspce.com/cybertrybe

key1.jpg

key2.jpg

key3.jpg

key4.jpg