fashion trends that need to happen

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

chernobyl quote:

Why can't we have just ONE city? They fucking own everything else as it is, those rich miserable fucks.

I never use forums so if this ends up looking funny that's why.

I couldn't agree with you more, we do need a city. I had a few ideas for one in mind but if the dream is ever realized I will probably be much too old to truly enjoy its settings.

as for the trends that need to come about masquerade ball room dresses and gothic lolita would be great to see around town, but he'll I'd be happy to even see just another goth around here.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I've had a gaudy look in my head for a long time that would be best described as Victorian Art-Punk. To give a basic jist of it.. Wearing a vest, undershirt, and tie with any kind of open trenchcoat that's covered in writings or drawings, as well as modified in any way. Black nail polish that's caligraphic or symbolic rather than solid, which seems like it would especially look good on a male, because it plays on the line with the culture of not wearing makeup. Rings or cut-off gloves. Sunglasses with lenses fitted to the eyes, maybe hanging off the nose to show the eyes.

I don't know if or when I'll ever dress up again because I see myself as an impassionate layman pawn sipping Dr. Pepper knock-offs when I can afford the name brand. I did create the Brothic look as far as I know, which is "casual goth" with dark polyester pants. And that's what I'm wearing right now because its my leg day. :animier:

EDIT:

In the spirit of "Class-Punk" and an addendum to Victorian Art-Punk. I've been thinking getting a used dark vest and tie, fitting the vest in a makeshift fashion from the back. Cutting the the tie, maybe around the middle in a diagonal slant and wearing it loose, because I don't think most people like to be choked.

Edited by Coffeenated

• 4 months later...

light-up clothing still rules

The one thing that sucks about it is with EL Wire, which is probably what's on that dress, everything has to be designed to minimize flexibility or the wire can quickly break (probably from the inside) and become useless. LEDs are cool but it seems like they can't achieve the same effect of seamless light. Either one of the electronics have to be plotted out how its going to be sewn since its running to a battery, which looks like it would definitely be a pain.

In that past I thought about a leather jacket with sealable glass tubes attached to it, which could hold homemade glowstick solution, which would be thicker and more dimensional than EL wire, and would look more Tron-like; but then there's the matter of Phenol which comes out of those solutions and is toxic, so as cyberpunk as that could be, its too unrealistic. Hopefully some better technology comes sooner than later.

Edited by Coffeenated

• 5 months later...

QUOTE (hunhee @ Oct 31 2008, 01:58 PM)

Vinyl.. more people should wear it.. it's teh drooling3.gif

yhst-19548487874996_2025_185146757.jpg

Yeah. But only if they look good in it.

And Mark... Flappers... HELL YES!!

Personally I'd like to see people dressing more expressively. Enough with the Jeans and t-shirt for every occasion. I lean towards dark, eclectic mixes of different styles.

Not wearing again. Vinyl kept getting stuck in interesting places. :blink: