What fragrance(s) do you generally wear?

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 years later...
  • 4 months later...

Highway diesel fuel, denatured alcohol, various adhesives, sawdust, the hot metallic smell from a fine dust of scorching hot sparks thrown from a grinder cut off wheel, burning and/or melted plastic and/or rubber, propane gas... death, I smell like death. I reckon that's my fragrance lol.

I have severe asthma. The kind that can pretty much kill me, and it almost did. But there are a couple of fragrances that I like. I much prefer food-based sense, which speaks volumes lol.

Viva La Juicy

Fresh Cream Warm Cashmere (Philosophy)

and a knock off of Tom Ford’s Lost Cherry, because, seriously, who the fuck can afford that?

Billie Eilish‘s first fragrance

Vanilla oil

13 minutes ago, Anna Phylaxis said:

I have severe asthma. The kind that can pretty much kill me, and it almost did. But there are a couple of fragrances that I like. I much prefer food-based sense, which speaks volumes lol.

Viva La Juicy

Fresh Cream Warm Cashmere (Philosophy)

and a knock off of Tom Ford’s Lost Cherry, because, seriously, who the fuck can afford that?

Billie Eilish‘s first fragrance

Vanilla oil

I remember smoking sections in restaurants before the ban in 2007.  Not that I smoke but I still think a separate section with a door would have been fine.

Though there is no law about banning the idiots who do cologne/perfume in amounts so massive it's like having another spice added onto your food.  I remember one time some old lady walking by almost made me gag because she smelled like she bathed in a vat of the stuff and IT IS NOT A SUBSTITUTE FOR A SHOWIER GODDAMNIT!

On the rare occasion I wear any type of fragrence, I have a blend of tea tree oil, mint and lavender that I make myself.  (The aromatherapy classes and essential oils in massage school were very educational!)  It's kinda my thing...

Oh, I've never made a real post in this thread either.

So generally I smell like B.O. especially in the summertime.  I'm not going to apologize for being human.  You either like it or you stay away.  I shower all the time though so I generally just smell like soap and whatever my clothing picks up.  One girl I knew said she loved it because I smelled like wet dog, but I hate that smell though.

That said there are a lot of people who do smell, and their natural odor is quite offensive.  Though as I always say, no one has a right not to be offended and everyone has the right to walk away, I still recommend covering that up if possible.

I have a theory that if you're looking for a long term relationship though that they should be able to like your natural scent.  Vision and hearing make up most of our sensory perception, but our sense of smell is the strongest in the body and can also trigger memory (which are the smells I like most.  For example I love "1980s hot van with a blue interior in the middle of summer".) It's closely linked in the brain with taste as well.

I have a friend who is a supertaster and says he can actually smell schizophrenia.  He also hated Koreans because "their diet consists of a lot of bad cabbage." He never seemed to have much of an issue with me either.

The scents I personally find nice are ones you wouldn't commonly think of.  Gas/oil are fun, gunpowder, etc...  Though I think I like many traditional ones as well as that's just how most of us are wired.

"Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?" was always one of my favorite pickup lines too.  Though I've heard it dosn't work nearly as fast as implied.

18 hours ago, Scary Guy said:

I remember smoking sections in restaurants before the ban in 2007.  Not that I smoke but I still think a separate section with a door would have been fine.

Though there is no law about banning the idiots who do cologne/perfume in amounts so massive it's like having another spice added onto your food.  I remember one time some old lady walking by almost made me gag because she smelled like she bathed in a vat of the stuff and IT IS NOT A SUBSTITUTE FOR A SHOWIER GODDAMNIT!

I absolutely cannot stand people that bathe in their fragrances. I used to work in a cosmetic store. One Sunday, an elderly lady came in and sprayed her self all over the place with Elizabeth Taylor’s White Diamonds. I was already having a hard time breathing. She came back five minutes later and did it again. I asked her why she was doing it and she said she couldn’t smell it anymore. I told her that the entire store could.

Edited by Anna Phylaxis

29 minutes ago, Anna Phylaxis said:

I absolutely cannot stand people that bathe in their fragrances. I used to work in a cosmetic store. One Sunday, an elderly lady came in and sprayed her self all over the place with Elizabeth Taylor’s White Diamonds. I was already having a hard time breathing. She came back five minutes later and did it again. I asked her why she was doing it and she said she couldn’t smell it anymore. I told her that the entire store could.

If I ever own a store I'm going to put up a sign that says "People with strong odors will be asked to leave."

This covers that, neckbeards who don't shower (so, computer stores), smokers, and pretty much everything else.

• 1 month later...