What fragrance(s) do you generally wear?

The one scent I remember vividly is when I lived in Colorado and my then girlfriend would come over. After she left, my bedspread smelled like Clinique "Happy", her sweat, and sex for at least three days. What a beautiful scent. If I could bottle that I'd sprinkle a bit on my pillow every night to help me sleep and dream sweetly.

I only wear one and I got it for free from an ex-coworker, but I love it: Donna Karan's Black Cashmere. It's only mildly sweet and a bit spicy. It has saffron, masala spices, white pepper, clove, nutmeg, pimento berries, broom flower, patchouli, rose, incense, wengue wood, bois de miel, and labdanum (a plant alternative to ambergris).

...& she does not use too much... :thanks::wub:

Alcohol based perfumes and colognes make me sick.....Literally.....

I use a Patchouli base...

I'll add depending on season & mood (or majikal operation):

s'More Patchouli

Sandalwood

Pine

Cinnamon

Frankincense&Myrrh

Ylang Ylang

Lavender

MORE TO COME!

(but I will not divulge the secret ingredient){unless you ask me in person}

I came up with a nice tinctured gentleman's aftershave fragrance, using herbs from my garden and some Everclear (I don't like using wood alcohol, it is too harsh). It consists of (listed in order of top note to bottom note):

Sweet Marjoram (Origanum majorana): This fragrance is nice for a man on its own! It has a fresh, green scent very similar to sweet grass or fresh-mown clover-- with a spicy, woodsy, musky undertone. I think this herb should be used more often in man's colognes. I'm pretty sure it is one of the main notes of Polo by Ralph Lauren.

Lavande de Provence (Lavendula intermedia): The most fragrant of the lavenders, this adds a traditional masculine crispness to the concoction.

Purple Garden Sage (var. Salvia officinalis "Purpurea"): Intensifies the earthy, deep facet of the Sweet Marjoram, and also adds a masculine aspect.

Lemon Verbena (Aloysia triphylla): This is the sparkle that makes the fragrance interesting-- lemon verbena is the most citrusy-sweet citrus scent you can imagine, though it is not truly citrus fruit. It reminds me a bit of a freshly-opened box of Froot Loops. The verbena is the ingredient that will have the ladies sniffing.

Rosemary (Rosmarinus officinalis): This adds a musky, deep, piny, masculine aspect.

Sassafras Leaf (Sassafras albidinum): for a bit of spice.

All in all, this is a really nice fragrance. It is very natural, not heavy or strong! It has smelled good on every guy I have tested it on. It actually seems to blend right in with their own natural scent, as if it were meant to be there. If anyone would like a sniff, I can bring a dram vial to CC with me. :)

I came up with a nice tinctured gentleman's aftershave fragrance, using herbs from my garden and some Everclear (I don't like using wood alcohol, it is too harsh). It consists of (listed in order of top note to bottom note):

Sweet Marjoram (Origanum majorana): This fragrance is nice for a man on its own! It has a fresh, green scent very similar to sweet grass or fresh-mown clover-- with a spicy, woodsy, musky undertone. I think this herb should be used more often in man's colognes. I'm pretty sure it is one of the main notes of Polo by Ralph Lauren.

Lavande de Provence (Lavendula intermedia): The most fragrant of the lavenders, this adds a traditional masculine crispness to the concoction.

Purple Garden Sage (var. Salvia officinalis "Purpurea"): Intensifies the earthy, deep facet of the Sweet Marjoram, and also adds a masculine aspect.

Lemon Verbena (Aloysia triphylla): This is the sparkle that makes the fragrance interesting-- lemon verbena is the most citrusy-sweet citrus scent you can imagine, though it is not truly citrus fruit. It reminds me a bit of a freshly-opened box of Froot Loops. The verbena is the ingredient that will have the ladies sniffing.

Rosemary (Rosmarinus officinalis): This adds a musky, deep, piny, masculine aspect.

Sassafras Leaf (Sassafras albidinum): for a bit of spice.

All in all, this is a really nice fragrance. It is very natural, not heavy or strong! It has smelled good on every guy I have tested it on. It actually seems to blend right in with their own natural scent, as if it were meant to be there. If anyone would like a sniff, I can bring a dram vial to CC with me. :)

I'ld try it... but I would want to be fresh out of the bath...

I am an absolute Demeter Fragrances fanatic.

Demeter Fragrance Library Go to the "Flavors" drop-down list, and start scrolling..

All I have to say, is just about any nostalgic scent you have ever dreamed of is here. And I mean it. Prepare to spend a LOT of money. I won't even say how many I currently own, or how many I have bought in the past! Sephora used to carry this line of products, but they don't any longer.

My faves so far are: "Scottish Shortbread," "Angel Food," "Condensed Milk," "Earthworm," "Thunderstorm," "Russian Leather," "Waffle Cone," "Honey," "Salt Air," "Humidor," "Devil's Food," "Stable," "Bonfire," "Funeral Home," "Ocean," "Riding Crop," "Cotton Candy," "Bourbon," and "Firefly." I have tried all of these and then some (they sell convenient 1/2 oz. trial sizes), and love every one. These products are so incredibly realistic-smelling, you won't believe it! These scents are also helpful in setting the mood for spell-work.

I am currently hooked on my own special concoction of the Cotton Candy, Hot Toddy, Bonfire, and Angel Food scents. The smell of goodies baking, rich potables, and spicy woodsmoke are a perfect compliment to the cool snap in the air. I don't know how many people stopped me while I was out this week, asking if it was me who smelled so good!

As for conventional scents, my all time fave has always been Elizabeth Taylor's Diamonds And Rubies, which is now discontinued.

What, may I ask, the fuck does "funeral home" smell like? Seriously...WHAT does a funeral home smell like in general, 'cause I've had a lot of people die on me and it's not like Hot Topic where you walk in and you know you're in Hot Topic (heaven forbid), to me funeral homes all smell different, or not at all.

Oh and for the record, I don't wear perfume because I'm an asshole and like to make people as uncomfortable as possible with my own patented Eau de Chernobyl Smells...

I kid, actually, it's because the stuff tends to be expensive.

I use -> Vice <- by Axe its just the principal of it makes me fill refreshing.

CLIX - Because the mating game is all about amazing figures. Spray on,Sit back and count your clicks.

UNLIMITED - When you game is unlimited,the possibilities are too. Hold on tight, for experts only.

Touch - Use Touch under your arms and its only a matter of time before some sensitive,sexy ladies want to touch the rest of you.

ESSENCE - Essence brings out the sweet, Jewelry buying, "Aw Shucks" side of the girls you want. Along with the racy, Adventurous, Expert knot tying, "Saddle Up" side that girls need. It's good, it's bad, it's exactly what she's looking for.

TSUNAMI - Tsunami, Like the oceans that inspired it, is a vast poll of possibility. Put it on your body and get ready to explore the deep.

PHOENIX - This bod scent embodies the maverick spirit. Spread your wings, and cover them with phoenix. All that's left to do is rise to the occasion.

ORION - Orion, The ancient god of hunting, lights man's way each night. Wear this scent, and reach for the stars. The Orion effect will make spending time with the girl of your dreams a reality.

KILO - Kilo helps you achieve that warm, "Rugged outdoors man" Effect. Wear it on your body, and teach her how to rub things together to start a fire.

VICE - This fragrance contains exotic, FORBIDDEN fruits that have been known to turn nice girls naughty, and incite crimes of passion. How much vice can you handle?

Edited by Black Jack

Guest Megalicious

Little known fact... the Hugo Boss firm manufactured uniforms for the Nazi Schutzstaffel (the SS). Very snappy looking uniforms to be sure, but they were tailored under gunpoint.

Actually, that explains alot. :secret:

I also love oils by Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab. For perfumes I wear Red Door, Realm, Fire me up, Angel, Halloween, Fire and Ice, Dark Vanilla and many others. I have a huge collection of oils and perfumes.

Edited by Aralis

For everyday I wear Somali Rose oil or Lolita Lempicka. Special occasions, Pink Sugar, Je Reviens, Cast a Spell. When I was younger my trademark scent was Jungle Gardenia... I was heartbroken when they stopped making it. I have a bottle I bought on eBay that I'm jeaously hoarding even tho it's starting to go a bit off.

Silicone oil and magnesium grease more often than not

I love gearheads... that motor oil smell on a guy who's been wrenching is hellaciously sexy to me!

Have you ever tried Sand & Sable, Pomba? It is remarkably similar to both Jovan and Coty's Jungle Gardenia!

I happen to love House of Coty's Wild Orange Blossom, which is equally difficult to find!

P.S. Keep your colognes and oils in the refrigerator-- this will keep the essential oils from going rancid. :)

Have you ever tried Sand & Sable, Pomba? It is remarkably similar to both Jovan and Coty's Jungle Gardenia!

I happen to love House of Coty's Wild Orange Blossom, which is equally difficult to find!

P.S. Keep your colognes and oils in the refrigerator-- this will keep the essential oils from going rancid. :)

I don't like either the Jovan or Coty Jungle Gardenia... gotta be the original Tuvache. Certainly worth trying tho- is that a department store brand where testers would be available? Ah, never mind- I see it's by Coty.

Thanks for the tip, my vintage bottle of Jungle Gardenia is going in the fridge right now!

Edited by pomba gira

• 2 weeks later...

I love fragrances and usually have a few on between my body spray, lotion and perfume or oil. People are always asking me what I am wearing at work. The one coworker always makes comments about how good I smell. One day he kept telling me I smelled like candied yams and now he wanted some and damn me for making him crave them. It was rather funny.

I have never heard of or smelled that Coty's Wild Orange Blossom. That sounds like it would smell good though.

Edited by Aralis