How Are You Feeling?

Troy Spiral

Embarrassed. Work called me to tell me how they lied to the customer about the reason I'm running behind. Dan, you had to stop to change a head light. Why can't we tell them the truth, Dearborn held me up. It's not our fault Dearborn can't load me on time.

Feeling like I'm not ready to go through this again.  The last tooth that the dentist damaged is finally starting it exodus from my gum line.  That makes 5.5 teeth lost due to a gat-happy dentist bent on doing things their way instead of addressing the needs of their client. :dry:

9 hours ago, TronRP said:

Feeling like I'm not ready to go through this again.  The last tooth that the dentist damaged is finally starting it exodus from my gum line.  That makes 5.5 teeth lost due to a gat-happy dentist bent on doing things their way instead of addressing the needs of their client. :dry:

jeeeezus.   *fear*

Feels like as long as I keep a steady supply of Orajel: Severe on my face, I should be OK.  I actually have to use it as a topical cream, because to put it on the tooth, I may as well be drinking it...doesn't last very long there.  This way I can control the face nerve pain and take an anti-inflammatory for the swelling. 

...so far so good...*knocks on all appropriate items*

I feel like I need someone to understand me right now. I just don't get why being a person like me who values competence and ethics at work seems to be singled out and pegged as trouble because i do what is right. I don't shut up when I see clear violations of not just ethics but legal mandates as well. I can't believe the incompetence, the laziness, the ignorance of colleagues, and in this case a boss. I can't believe how ghetto and flat out ignorant people in human services are now. I am ashamed of this profession. I wasted a lot of money on this shit, people really don't care,  it's true. Intelligent people have more mental health issues because they see the real bullshit in the world and it creates internal conflict. I wish I couldn't care, I wish I could stfu about it too. The world is so bad, people are so selfish it's not a place I want to be. Maybe there IS only one option. 

8 minutes ago, kat said:

I feel like I need someone to understand me right now. I just don't get why being a person like me who values competence and ethics at work seems to be singled out and pegged as trouble because i do what is right. I don't shut up when I see clear violations of not just ethics but legal mandates as well. I can't believe the incompetence, the laziness, the ignorance of colleagues, and in this case a boss. I can't believe how ghetto and flat out ignorant people in human services are now. I am ashamed of this profession. I wasted a lot of money on this shit, people really don't care,  it's true. Intelligent people have more mental health issues because they see the real bullshit in the world and it creates internal conflict. I wish I couldn't care, I wish I could stfu about it too. The world is so bad, people are so selfish it's not a place I want to be. Maybe there IS only one option. 

Yes, there IS only one option...Self Reliance.  For without that, it makes you the same as those you should pity.

But that's just my take on it.

Feeling like I had better try to get some of these little tasks handled.  My tooth has set for the moment and I want something completed/accomplished before the next time I go out due to illness or injury.

Ou

22 minutes ago, TronRP said:

Yes, there IS only one option...Self Reliance.  For without that, it makes you the same as those you should pity.

But that's just my take on it.

The program assistant went to the program director and was bitching about me with a list of issues such as how I have great ideas but he thinks I don't have confidence and this was my first week because I asked questions about like normal things a new person would like um, where do I find a release form, he didn't even know what I meant when I referred to it by its acronym.  The first day I started there was confidential paperwork exposed on the desk she gave me, she takes me in there and goes, oh, so and so left all kinds of stuff here...um you know what to do. You can box up whatever you don't want."

It was so innappropriate. It took me two weeks two organize and try to get HIPAA stuff filed or shredded but I had to raise hell to get access to a locking cabinet...that was last week..the program assistant was offended, I told him how I was not comfortable putting myself at risk for a HIPAA and/or recipient rights violation which would ruin your career, I told him for the third time I can't be associated with this..I need a locking cabinet. Simple request you'd think but today it was a big issue he had to get me called in for a suprise meeting to talk about all the issues I thought he was going to take seriously but instead threw me under the bus and whined like a little baby. The place is so messed up that the girl who started with me decided if they won't give her a job description and guidance that she will sit in her car half the day where as I was trying not yo believe the gossip about how we can't trust the program assistant and not to ask him for help...well I should have listened. What was me trying to open up the dialogue between him and staff so everyone would stfu gossiping and bringing the issues to his attention because I mistook him for a professional..oops, big mistake, he wanted me gone, twisted things to make it look like I was the one starting crap..which is ridiculous because I was only there a month and already heard way too much..I wanted to shut it down but his little girlfriend secretary is pissed because she was denied a promotion so she has been dogging the organization since we started..

Oh my god this is the most drama I've ever seen at a job...and it's not even good drama! It's petty, dumb shit...and this is just a fraction.

I was backed in a corner and before they could finish this innappropriate meeting I took my badge and office keys, which was already in my pocket because I knew I was done...I didn't let them finish their bullshit. I told her I wanted no part of this program any longer and said good luck. I was set up. They  were retalitory because I expressed concern about HIPAA violations..that made them feel threatened. That's ok, HR called me and wanted a statement and idk..something is up..that was weird..the executive director was going to call me but the HR director volunteered because she said she remembered just talking to me that morning. I don't know what is up with thst, maybe because they have so many people walk out. Idk.

I keep getting this weird recurring feeling as if everything is already done.  Like I have finished all the projects in my head.  Does this mean I'm going senile or that I just don't believe I can actually get these things done in this lifetime.  It just feels odd.  I have never had EVERYTHING done before.  I've even had jokes made about having something along the lines of, "Well, She Tried Her Best" put on my tombstone due to people feeling that I have procrastinated too long.

However, it would be nice if this meant I am going to complete everything in a timely manner.  I'll just think of it like that...:happy:

17 minutes ago, kat said:

Ou

The program assistant went to the program director and was bitching about me with a list of issues such as how I have great ideas but he thinks I don't have confidence and this was my first week because I asked questions about like normal things a new person would like um, where do I find a release form, he didn't even know what I meant when I referred to it by its acronym.  The first day I started there was confidential paperwork exposed on the desk she gave me, she takes me in there and goes, oh, so and so left all kinds of stuff here...um you know what to do. You can box up whatever you don't want."

It was so innappropriate. It took me two weeks two organize and try to get HIPAA stuff filed or shredded but I had to raise hell to get access to a locking cabinet...that was last week..the program assistant was offended, I told him how I was not comfortable putting myself at risk for a HIPAA and/or recipient rights violation which would ruin your career, I told him for the third time I can't be associated with this..I need a locking cabinet. Simple request you'd think but today it was a big issue he had to get me called in for a suprise meeting to talk about all the issues I thought he was going to take seriously but instead threw me under the bus and whined like a little baby. The place is so messed up that the girl who started with me decided if they won't give her a job description and guidance that she will sit in her car half the day where as I was trying not yo believe the gossip about how we can't trust the program assistant and not to ask him for help...well I should have listened. What was me trying to open up the dialogue between him and staff so everyone would stfu gossiping and bringing the issues to his attention because I mistook him for a professional..oops, big mistake, he wanted me gone, twisted things to make it look like I was the one starting crap..which is ridiculous because I was only there a month and already heard way too much..I wanted to shut it down but his little girlfriend secretary is pissed because she was denied a promotion so she has been dogging the organization since we started..

Oh my god this is the most drama I've ever seen at a job...and it's not even good drama! It's petty, dumb shit...and this is just a fraction.

I was backed in a corner and before they could finish this innappropriate meeting I took my badge and office keys, which was already in my pocket because I knew I was done...I didn't let them finish their bullshit. I told her I wanted no part of this program any longer and said good luck. I was set up. They  were retalitory because I expressed concern about HIPAA violations..that made them feel threatened. That's ok, HR called me and wanted a statement and idk..something is up..that was weird..the executive director was going to call me but the HR director volunteered because she said she remembered just talking to me that morning. I don't know what is up with thst, maybe because they have so many people walk out. Idk.

Well, dang.  Sounds like you poked the hornet's nest. :fakenopic:

4 hours ago, TronRP said:

I keep getting this weird recurring feeling as if everything is already done.  Like I have finished all the projects in my head.  Does this mean I'm going senile or that I just don't believe I can actually get these things done in this lifetime.  It just feels odd.  I have never had EVERYTHING done before.  I've even had jokes made about having something along the lines of, "Well, She Tried Her Best" put on my tombstone due to people feeling that I have procrastinated too long.

However, it would be nice if this meant I am going to complete everything in a timely manner.  I'll just think of it like that...:happy:

It's probably from you over thinking the work you plan to do.  You have it so worked out and finished in your head that your dreams are playing on that.  It just means your mind is further ahead of the work you want to get done.

8 hours ago, TronRP said:

Well, dang.  Sounds like you poked the hornet's nest. :fakenopic:

The funny thing is is that I was hired because of my energy and advocacy background and interests, well I guess they didn't quite understand that a true advocate goes at it 110 percent from all angles.  Advocacy is not just going out and trying to stop budget cuts, to me it's includes ethics, compliance, and quality assurance as well. 

Damn I'm in the wrong field. I think I underestimated my abilities early in life. Thank you childhood from hell. 

Edited by kat

• TronRP locked this topic
  • TronRP pinned this topic