How Are You Feeling?

Troy Spiral

Seriously, I got this dude who is significantly overweight and diabetic on this weight loss keto plan with me. He has lost 35 lbs in less than a month and that's without workouts...me I barely lost a lb. He had blood sugar readings hit almost 300 when I started him on this now, his fasting blood sugar is 95...that's non diabetes range! He has maintained under a blood sugar level within normal, non diabetic range. He is extremely satisfied and said he cant wait to see his doctor. I am proud of the results but I wish I could also see a little weight loss. I would love to get to a healthy body fat percentage and maybe help other people too. I found out my thyroid TSH levels are 42 and that is likely the culprit as a normal functioning TSH needs to be around a 2 for me, no more than a 3 so I am quite sure that is what's stalling my efforts but I won't give up this time, have to keep pushing and I am proud that I could help someone who has something serious like diabetes start healing. I pat myself on the back. Maybe this can become a thing for me. I'm optimistic. 

5 minutes ago, kat said:

Seriously, I got this dude who is significantly overweight and diabetic on this weight loss keto plan with me. He has lost 35 lbs in less than a month and that's without workouts...me I barely lost a lb. He had blood sugar readings hit almost 300 when I started him on this now, his fasting blood sugar is 95...that's non diabetes range! He has maintained under a blood sugar level within normal, non diabetic range. He is extremely satisfied and said he cant wait to see his doctor. I am proud of the results but I wish I could also see a little weight loss. I would love to get to a healthy body fat percentage and maybe help other people too. I found out my thyroid TSH levels are 42 and that is likely the culprit as a normal functioning TSH needs to be around a 2 for me, no more than a 3 so I am quite sure that is what's stalling my efforts but I won't give up this time, have to keep pushing and I am proud that I could help someone who has something serious like diabetes start healing. I pat myself on the back. Maybe this can become a thing for me. I'm optimistic. 

Sounds like something you would excel at.  There is a free clinic in Wayne and Ypsilanti called The Hope Clinic.  I used to go to the Ypsi one before I got state insurance.  They can get you tests you made need and even help you get signed up for free meds.  Just letting you know in case you want to explore getting meds for your thyroid or anything else.  If you want more info just ask.

38 minutes ago, Draco1958 said:

Sounds like something you would excel at.  There is a free clinic in Wayne and Ypsilanti called The Hope Clinic.  I used to go to the Ypsi one before I got state insurance.  They can get you tests you made need and even help you get signed up for free meds.  Just letting you know in case you want to explore getting meds for your thyroid or anything else.  If you want more info just ask.

Thx. I actually got a script for 10 from the ER because I actually went in thinking I had flu but the doctor asked about my thyroid and said once I told him I had hoshimotos and no meds that he knew it was that, they came in and told me my TSH # and he goes I didn't even need to see it, I knew. They had me follow up within 24 hrs and I seen this douchey doc that grabbed my thyroid area hard and squeezed and it hurt so bad I winced and started tearing up. His reaction? Instead of trying to find out why it hurt and where he jumped back, threw his hands up and said I didn't hurt you, it shouldn't of hurt which made me really cry because he didn't care. He didnt say ok where is the pain instead he was worried about a potential issue with his own skills. I mean if he was any good he would have worried about why it hurt. I do have nodules but he never even asked he walked out and basically told me I must be uncomfortable seeing him. I hate doctors nowadays. I remember when they cared. Honestly, they need to biopsy the nodules I think or at least send me back to radiation for a new scan to see if they have changed.

Edited by kat

Seriously try Hope Clinic.  I know from experience the one in Ypsi has caring doctors.  And I was told the Wayne clinic is similar.  I was sent for several tests at St. Joseph's Hospital.  When I had the ct scan, the nurse helped me relax and talked to me to be sure I was ok.  Very nice group of people.  The Dr's work at local hospitals and volunteer their time.  And if you don't need to see a Dr, they have Nurse Practitioners who can help a lot also. 

I feel optimistic. I feel like I just finished the onboarding for the shelter case management job that I received the official offer for this morning and I'm hoping this situation with borrowing this car temporarily works out. I actually was shocked to get the call like I thought I blew the interview terribly because of my nerves but instead they offered me it at the same pay rate as they pay for the supervisor position, which I accidentally applied for and realized at the interview that they were interviewing me for that. Luckily they had a open case management position too.

Edited by kat

I had the most horrifying incident this morning.  I woke up only to discover that I had completely lost the sight in my left eye. I cried out, "LORD JESUS!" in shock.  I heard, "Blink."  I blinked once and everything was dark gray.  I blinked again and the light from the television made me cry out in pain.  I blinked again. The light wasn't as bright.  I blinked again and the room was blurry. I blinked again and my sight was normal.  I am so thankful and relieved.  I feel grateful and hope that never happens again.

Freakin' terrible.  This head cold decided to get worse last night.  Not sure I will make it to the Red Apple tomorrow night.  Eyes are watering so bad can't see straight at times.  At least this didn't hit for my birthday 2 weeks ago.

Edited by Draco1958

Feeling like I did the "crazy night" thing again at The Red Apple.  I keep getting on my own nerves.  It's like my mouth starts and never turns off until I get home and feel all embarrassed about it. 

Punchy and exhausted.  I ended up bringing the Window Kitties in last night and this morning.  It was an all night ordeal, but they are safe in a multi-layer cage tower currently located in my living room.  Now I need to close my eyes and get some sleep.

...oyasumi...

:sleep:

Feeling physically agitated.  I didn't get any real sleep last night.  I didn't really eat dinner last night.  I couldn't get warm or comfortable enough to relax.  Now it's time to get up and feed everyone and all I feel like doing is trying to get some sleep.

Feeling a need for NoDoz...

7 hours ago, kat said:

So very nervous about starting back to the nonprofit life tomorrow. 

:grouphug

On 2/3/2018 at 7:42 AM, TronRP said:

Feeling physically agitated.  I didn't get any real sleep last night.  I didn't really eat dinner last night.  I couldn't get warm or comfortable enough to relax.  Now it's time to get up and feed everyone and all I feel like doing is trying to get some sleep.

Feeling a need for NoDoz...

:grouphug

13 hours ago, zurgous said:

I feel ill like I have the flu. I've been sick for about three weeks. I hope it ends soon.

Sounds like you should get that checked.  There are reports going around of people dying from cases of the flu.

• TronRP locked this topic
  • TronRP pinned this topic