How Are You Feeling?

Troy Spiral

I am feeling rather depressed.  I guess this is a good group that I can fully express the full reason of my depression so here it goes.  I come from a very small community full of farmers and most families, mine included, have lived there for generations.  Everybody knows everyone and it's one big good ol' boy gathering.  I didn't fit in.  Everyone drove big trucks except me, everyone rode a Harley except me, I have a BMW.  People would bring their favorite cheap beer to bon fires that I wasn't invited to, plus I hate beer.  I tried to make an effort to connect with the people around me.  I went hunting and was asked if I was lost.  I went to charity motorcycle rides and got made fun or given wrong information about times and places.  I even got married to my high school sweet heart and that ended badly.  Even through all of that I seemed to find my way.  

Now I am here in Novi.  A new town and a new start with my girlfriend who grew up around here.  She is loving it. Connecting with old friends and her family.  She even found a job within 3 days of being here.  I have nothing but my animals.  I sit at home staring at the door with my dogs waiting for her to get home everyday.  I know things will turn back around and I just need to keep pushing on but it's hard at times.  No friends here, no job yet, no family here.  I am just thankful that I found this group.  It shows that there are some people who share common interests around here and gives me hope that I can figure it out.

I didn't have many friends who truly connected with me back home but they were good friends and we had to have each other's backs because we didn't fit in with anyone there.  I miss them terribly but am looking forward to making new friends here. 

...like I didn't really see divorce coming. And for those of you who are friends with both of us on Facebook, please keep it off of there. Thanks.

Hugs and I'm sorry about what is happening in your life right now, divorce was one of the hardest things to deal with from my experience. I will you my support, hope and encouragement to get through this. Anytime I hear of someone going through this it makes me hurt. I know we don't know each other much but if you want to vent please feel free. 

Also, I know we both have mutual friends on Facebook that are from DGN and it's been my experience that there are those who refuse to login to this site anymore but will, however troll. Than, all of a sudden, those of us who do post things on here, maybe things we dont want to have on facebook, ends up turning into gossip. Some people love to get drama going because they themselves are so fucking miserable that they need to see others hurting or dealing with personal issues just so they can feel good about themselves. 

Idk, that's just my experience, you think you can trust someone, they pretend to have empathy and compassion, than next thing you know, you got 4 or 5 people and each one have a different story about your situation that they should have never known a damn word of in the first place. Just watch, you never know who is genuine, sometimes.

...like I didn't really see divorce coming. And for those of you who are friends with both of us on Facebook, please keep it off of there. Thanks.

​You never do see it coming.  I know I didn't.  You are about to go through a difficult time, I am sorry to say.  It will be hard to know who to trust and who not to.  You will lose friends and in some really bad situations like I was in you will lose family over it.  The main advice I can give you is that find what you love about yourself and never let go of that.  Everything else in this world can come and go but you will always have to live with yourself.  We don't even know each other but I want you to know that I am here for you.  If nothing other than to talk to someone who is completely separated from the situation.    

I am feeling like an idiot.  I have had a perfect record of handling snakes since I was 5 years old, 26 years now, without a single bite.  My record was broken tonight when I was overconfident while handling a my rainbow boa who I rescued a year ago from a neglectful home.  I know he is skiddish and that I have to keep an eye on him at all times but I didn't.  He only stuck my arm once and didn't cause any major damage but I still feel stupid and sort of bad that I scared him enough to strike.  I put him back in his cage where he is comfy and cleaned up the few drops of blood from the bite.  This just goes to show that being to comfortable and confident is a sure fire way to get yourself in trouble.  I am just lucky that it happened with such a small snake.

Edited by Michael8402

DANG!!! I feel like I missed everything. We've been pulling multiple and non-ending shifts (thank you Trene) at the HomeHouse and I just check my email and saw the weekly digest...OMG my heart is going out to so many people right now. 

I know only a few members know me in real life, but I live vicariously through this site and I almost broke down a couple times. I wish we could all just get together somewhere and have a gripe fest and some feel good food and hang for a while...

gallery_4589_1237_61320.jpg

I have been living vicariously through this site lately as well.  Since I don't know anyone in this area at all yet, this has sort of become my only form of social interaction.  I am sure that I will get to meet some people someday at shows or just out and about once I get a little more comfortable with the area.

There does seem to be a plague of bad time going around lately.  I am here if anyone needs to chat with an outsider. 

I am here if anyone needs to chat with an outsider. 

Once you have joined the fray, you are outsider no more...muahahaha!!!

gallery_4589_1202_2904.jpg

I found it interesting that you live in Novi. I used to work down the road in Farmington Hills and eat lunch in Novi everyday. Now, about once a month, I make the trek out to Novi Road and Grand River Ave for the Japanese cuisine at One World Market. 

Due to a very rough time in my life, I often tell people that DGN saved my life. I am very thankful for it. I even found myself stepping outside of my comfort zone to meet other DGNers. As an introvert, that was very therapeutic.

However, with the way things have taken a turn for the weird these past 18 months, being away from the HomeHouse for extended periods of time have been rather out of the question. Our mother was suddenly diagnosed with stage 4 cancer October of 2014 and now we are all on Home Hospice Care duty that just started the first week of June this year.

My mother has heard so much about the people on this site. She has kind of lived it vicariously through me from the stories I've shared with her. Each new member adds a new chapter.

So Hello next page...welcome to the collection.

gallery_4589_1225_14700.jpg

• TronRP locked this topic
  • TronRP pinned this topic