How Are You Feeling?

Troy Spiral

Beyond the point of limitation for sleepiness...been up all night drawing up schematics for an almost impossible shower installation. Got it drawn up, but too tired to do anything about it at the moment...need sleep first, work later.

My hands, wrists, lower back, face, and legs hurt. I hurt. I checked out of Ma's place early. I didn't want the kids to see me in this much pain. I was also upset because Ma started going to sleep instead of handling the kids. She always checks out and leaves them in my care. The doctors want her to begin returning to her old routine plus more. It seems my presence enables her to slack off and not bother. I hate it but I have to step out, especially when she starts refusing to eat. When she knows she's scaring the kids, she eats. Dang, I hurt.

This was one of the scariest episodes of physical ailments I've suffered in a long time. Heat stroke, lactic acid build up, vomiting and diarrhea. But the worrisome part of it all was it seemed that no one really noticed how serious a situation I was in. While finishing up the grass cutting, my cooling gear, paired with some not so cooling gear, turned into a heat trap and everything went downhill from there. I lost 3 pounds of fluids, I could barely talk, haven't eaten since 4:30 pm yesterday afternoon, threw up every pain med that went in and suffered like I've never suffered before.

In my delirium, I thought someone was trying to bring me food last night. Nope, it was someone's empty prescription box. Around 5:30 am this morning, my fever finally broke enough for me to get something cold to drink...thank you Arizona Sweet Tea :heart: . I passed out and the delirium dreams started. I didn't mind so much traveling with Dr. Who (Tom Baker version), but death by cookie dough tsunami slathered in heated chocolate chips, I could do without. That dream ended around 11:30 am because I got a call from my mother asking me to do something. I tried to explain to her what I was going through and all she would say is, "You're tired from all of the stuff you have been doing over the past few days. Get some rest." That wasn't the case, but since I could barely speak, I let her have that moment and the conversation was over.

After a few more hours of fever and sleep delirium, around 8:30 pm tonight I was finally back to some sense of normality. Since I figured I wouldn't die from this whole experience, the only consolation I had was that a few days ago someone told me, "So here is someone else saying the same things, having the same and even worse experiences than you..." So even with as bad as things got, I knew I would live.

Edited by TronRP

I feel as if I am in a mix of emotions. I had a crazy dream a couple of days ago and it's still impacting me. Through some recent reminiscing,I re-discovered people from the past, and places I used to be and live in...through all this I have discovered I have not been on DGN since 2007. It's been 8 years ...holy flippin crap! The friends I had were family in that time, and through a divorce I haven't spoken to many of them in years. It has led to some recent connections and left me feeling melancholy. Also unrelated, yet still on my mind - is Mother's day. A year ago I had a miscarriage. Thought I was doing well, but my heart hurts. We have been trying for 2.5/3 years. When I was younger I talked about never having kids...screaming little hellions n all..but since then many things have changed. Guess I needed somewhere I could feel at home with my thoughts. :mellow:

Oh and hello again :)

I feel as if I am in a mix of emotions. I had a crazy dream a couple of days ago and it's still impacting me. Through some recent reminiscing,I re-discovered people from the past, and places I used to be and live in...through all this I have discovered I have not been on DGN since 2007. It's been 8 years ...holy flippin crap! The friends I had were family in that time, and through a divorce I haven't spoken to many of them in years. It has led to some recent connections and left me feeling melancholy. Also unrelated, yet still on my mind - is Mother's day. A year ago I had a miscarriage. Thought I was doing well, but my heart hurts. We have been trying for 2.5/3 years. When I was younger I talked about never having kids...screaming little hellions n all..but since then many things have changed. Guess I needed somewhere I could feel at home with my thoughts. :mellow:

Oh and hello again :)

Now I'm weather paranoid all over again. I am nervous about dehydrating like last Friday. Family members have come up with some cool and interesting ideas...I'm just not sure how practical the sippy hat is while performing the tasks that I do...but still not an idea to take lightly.

Trying not to feel swamped, but I have a lot going on:

I have to deliver photos for a newsletter marking a 100 year anniversary

I have to give a life lesson discussion to some kids

I have to finish cutting the grass between rain showers

I have to fix the accounts being sent to the wrong account by a new user

I have to get ready to chauffeur to Southfield in about 30 minutes

I have to pay these last minute bills that just arrived

I have to stop talking about my situation a lot because people see it as negative

I have to get the frame in work done so the home nurse doesn't think it's being neglected

I have to check on the second half of my material order so this full project can be done

I have to get the fallen trees removed for safety reasons since the city trimmed our tree and left fallen parts in the alley

I have less than 10 days to handle all of the above... :confused:

• TronRP locked this topic
  • TronRP pinned this topic