Your completely unreasonable dating requirements...

Is it unreasonable to want to date someone who doesn't annoy you and whose head you don't want to smash against the wall after the first couple of hours? :blink::unsure:

heh.. i wonder the same thing..

also what seems to be an unreasonable requirement is honesty and faithfulness.

It seems no one has this anymore. And if they do, they're already taken.

Guest greyhalo

Sucks, doesn't it? If you're also a confident person and are comfortable speaking your mind, then you're REALLY up a creek! And that creek stinks like poo.

OK, I guess I can't complain too much. I was just in a 3+ year relationship. I've had a few long term relationships and know what love is among other things. In time, I'm sure I'll find someone again. But, I do see many guys chasing after girls who are bad news. I see women do the same thing. Hell, I've done it too.

OK, I guess I can't complain too much. I was just in a 3+ year relationship. I've had a few long term relationships and know what love is among other things. In time, I'm sure I'll find someone again. But, I do see many guys chasing after girls who are bad news. I see women do the same thing. Hell, I've done it too.

How YOU doin? lol

Yeah, I see a lot of that going on too. I tend to always be the guy that the women talk to about those guys. I try and be supportive and see them get all retarded about the guy, but when I tell them after awhile that it seems its not going to work, they think I don't know what I am talking about. HELLO! Outside looking in and seeing what you don't!

so how does any of this apply when you've already met at least two ideal people, both of whom are unavailable? is there a point where you just give in & resign yourself to solitude?

Nope. But you're allowed, nay encouraged, to take a little time off from "looking" every now and then.

I think that faithful and truthful is like a rare thing.

edit....

Ok i am starting to learn some things...hmm to think i would love them to be faithful to me as long as they have the understanding that that is the kind of relationship we have.

Edited by eleven

How YOU doin? lol

Yeah, I see a lot of that going on too. I tend to always be the guy that the women talk to about those guys. I try and be supportive and see them get all retarded about the guy, but when I tell them after awhile that it seems its not going to work, they think I don't know what I am talking about. HELLO! Outside looking in and seeing what you don't!

I once had a terminal case of Best-Friend-itis, much like this description... then I got better. Now, while they don't talk to me as much about their s/o's, I don't have to deal with the frustration. In my mind it's a wash.

I once had a terminal case of Best-Friend-itis, much like this description... then I got better. Now, while they don't talk to me as much about their s/o's, I don't have to deal with the frustration. In my mind it's a wash.

love is retarded. the things that attract people are usually the things society is working to do away with. the alpha male thou a jerk still is a alpha male and that personality attracts a lot of women. the rules of attraction are just to animalistic to justify in this society

PHYSICAL:

Height - 5'5" - 6'5"

Weight/body type - Medium build - not a skeleton, not the Goodyear blimp. This is hard for me to say, since I've been attracted to women of all different shapes and sizes, but I think for a long-term or lifetime partner, I'd like something right in the middle. Curves are an absolute must, that's why I don't mind a little junk in the trunk. :)

Eyes - Dark and glittering or pale and airy.

Hair - I prefer long black or dark brown hair. I've just never been attracted to blondes.

Skin - Black or pale white or any shade in between. I'm not picky about this.

Character - I like a little exotica, but again, it's not a deciding factor.

Clothing: Gothic, Steampunk, Punk, 40s-50s neoretro...really anything that takes a modicum of creativity. No preppies or squares, man! :p

EMOTIONAL/PSYCHOLOGICAL:

Sensitive and empathic. Strength of character and maturity are important; arrogance is a HUGE turn-off. Given my past relationship experience, I really don't want to have to deal with things like bipolar disorder.

PERSONALITY:

Playfulness is a must, as is the ability to be serious when the situation warrants it. Contemplative, but not oblivious. Must be able to strip away the society-imposed viewpoints and "accepted wisdom" and look at things with a relatively untainted perspective. Someone who recognizes the whisperings of intuition and acts accordingly.

SPIRITUALITY:

I'm not big on organized religion, but spirituality is a MUST. I prefer someone who has embarked on an ongoing spiritual journey, rather than someone who's settled on a particular set of beliefs that they perceive as ultimate truth. Ideally, someone who has studied and understands various aspects of what's commonly referred to as "the occult".

SEXUALITY:

Straight is fine, but if I'm going to be honest, bisexuality in a woman is more exciting. In a long-term relationship, boundaries must be set, of course...

HOBBIES/INTERESTS:

Voracious readers, science fiction/fantasy/horror fans, and gamers (NOT video games) are welcome to apply. She'd have to enjoy flexing her creative muscles on various projects, regardless of what those projects are, be it jewelry-making, photography, language construction, writing, drawing, whatever.

JOB:

Not important. Well, I'm not real interested in dating a drug dealer, but I have a big problem with the way our society defines who we are by what we do to earn money.

FAMILY:

Not terribly interested in dating someone with children, as I already have one of my own. BUT, who knows? If she's tight with her family, fine. If not, also fine.

Fortunately, I have found my perfect woman, so I don't have to worry about this stuff any more. :p

mine:

• must me taller than me, even if by a little
  • honest, in all things... the lie of omission is still a lie.
  • NEVER say "I love you" unless you mean it. I don't want you to say it, just because you think that's what I want to hear!
  • MUST have similar tastes in music. Doesn't have to like everything I do, but at least like enough so that when i talk about a band, you don't say "I don't like them, they suck". Just because you don't like a band, does not mean that the band sucks!
  • must want kids, eventually. (like when we are both financially ready) I want kids, and i am not going to sacrifice that, just to be with someone. Family is VERY important to me.
  • must value me, and adore me completely.
  • MUST NOT get offended if I want to add another female to our extra curricular activites... its just fun. :)
  • MUST follow the rules, when the above happens.
  • Encourage me, when i want to do something to better myself, not tell me "oh you don't need to do that".
  • MUST have a life, outside of our relationship. Meaning: when we aren't hanging out, go out with friends, hang out, have a good time. I don't always have to be there! You are not going to push your friends away! :p
  • MUST NOT get jealous, when I want to hang out w/ my friend, with out him. I want my own life, too! :p
  • If we get to the point where we are living together, you do not have to be up my butt, 24/7. We live together, for g-d's sake, i don't have to see you every second of every day! And if i want to be alone, for a while, don't take it personally! its got nothing to do with you, or our relationship, i just want to be alone!
  • MUST snuggle me at night!! lol I mean when we are both settling down to go to sleep.. i demand snuggles!!!
  • OH YEAH!!!! MUST MUST MUST!!!!! Have a damn brain in his skull. I don't want to be with someone who makes me feel dumb, because I am intelligent (though as you all can see, spelling is NOT one of my strong points), BUT i don't want to feel like i am dude's teacher! I don't want to have to explane everything that comes out of my mouth! :) I want a man where we can teach each other things. I have my passions, and he has his, and i want to be able to share them, with each other.
  • As far as religion and spirituality goes, I don't care who/what he worships (or doesn't worship), as long as he respects that I am Pagan/Wiccan, and doesn't put me or my religion down. And I will do likewise for him.
I don't know, what else. Think that about covers it. lol

And with that being said, I think that I have the perfect man, because he surpases everything! By alot!!!

Edited by GothicRavenGoddess