Who Here Is Single

Oh well, still single.

Anyone thinking of starting a DGN dating site spinoff?

Just a thought...:unsure:

There was a thread for that somewhere

Yeah, there's a poll in the quiz section about it. I'll pull it up:

http://www.detroitgothic.net/index.php?showtopic=31705

There it is! "Speed Dating for Goths."

Edited by Illuminatrix

At this point I am way too much like a dark monk. Pickiness is my curse but listening to it keeps me from ending up in a bad relationship. Usually someone is not attractive enough, not kind enough, or not smart enough for me in particular; I mostly keep my judgments to myself. Even if a girl is interested in me, if there's something about her that triggers my pickiness I won't rush anything, because people will always show their good sides before their bad sides-- unless they're openly voting for Romney/Ryan..

At this point I am way too much like a dark monk. Pickiness is my curse but listening to it keeps me from ending up in a bad relationship. Usually someone is not attractive enough, not kind enough, or not smart enough for me in particular; I mostly keep my judgments to myself. Even if a girl is interested in me, if there's something about her that triggers my pickiness I won't rush anything, because people will always show their good sides before their bad sides-- unless they're openly voting for Romney/Ryan..

This, been single forever (and ever) because whenever I become interested in someone, I usually find something I can't stand (they smoke cigarettes or something similarly silly).

This, been single forever (and ever) because whenever I become interested in someone, I usually find something I can't stand (they smoke cigarettes or something similarly silly).

True that. I could maybe date someone who smokes if they were really attractive, even though to be honest it probably wouldn't work, and if I was living with someone like that I couldn't deal with smoking inside. But I stay away from tobacco for the most part.

If I'm being honest though, it doesn't help that I'm usually mute in anything beyond a one on one conversation. Makes it hard to get to know people when you don't talk to them :p.

edit: Being almost straight edge myself, is it weird that someone being a pothead doesn't bother me at all, but I rank tobacco right up there with heroin and crack in terms of sexiness?

Edited by Shaun

I'm single and I guess the hopes I had and feeling that I knew who was meant for me (lmao, Damn Jewel and her stupid ass songs about stuff like people meant to be together, oh and Brandi Carlysle too, it's all a lie appearantly, so blow me!)Anyway, I am not just posting in here because I am single, because I have been single since April of this year but I guess now I can find someone, no, wait scratch that, someone can find me that has beliefs similiar to mine so maybe I can actually have a true connection one day with someone who actually wants that. It may or may not happen.

I'm fairly certain, at least when it comes to me, women don't care about personality. Because it's one of two things I have, great personality and a big heart. Two things I THOUGHT most women like. But, I don't even get a second look. I'm NOT saying my statement is TRUE, I'm just saying that's how I FEEL.

Maybe I'm too old fashioned to have a right guy...for me. The right isn't perfect neither am I by far, I'm like terribly flawed, damaged, and so bizarre..there is no way in hell there is someone, on my level that will tolerate me holistically and settling seems unhealthy emotionally..wow, I'm thinking I'm just sol..I'm done why even bother dating someone...I believe you pretty much know based on what peoples eyes speak, they are the window to your soul..I believe you'll know him when you see him because the empty pain and feeling of inferiority inside will feel it's now healed and your soul is complete.

Edited by kat

Maybe I'm too old fashioned to have a right guy...for me. The right isn't perfect neither am I by far, I'm like terribly flawed, damaged, and so bizarre..there is no way in hell there is someone, on my level that will tolerate me holistically and settling seems unhealthy emotionally..wow, I'm thinking I'm just sol..I'm done why even bother dating someone...I believe you pretty much know based on what peoples eyes speak, they are the window to your soul..I believe you'll know him when you see him because the empty pain and feeling of inferiority inside will feel it's now healed and your soul is complete.

But what if it's not supposed to be a guy...

I'm just saying...you never know...