Who Here Is Single

I've decided I'm just going to be single for a while. Coming out of a 3 year relationship has made me want to just... "play", if you catch my drift. I think I'll just focus on my work and my gaming. Though, if some lady came around and beat my ass at Marvel Vs Capcom 3,I'd probably fall in love right there! Considering it's no small feat to take me down as Amaterasu!

Good luck on that second part. That's probably up there with Santa and the tooth fairy.

Hell if I could just find a GF that WANTED to do the gaming thing (on games I actually play) not er.. Farmville, rather than me having to drag them kicking and screaming that would be cool.

Not that gaming is a requirement on my list, would just be a sweet bonus.

So while we're talking about perfect partners and such, I sometimes find myself kicking myself in the ass for having let certain ones go in the past. 20/20 hindsight is cruel, especially when I'm forced to consider that I was a different, mostly immature protohuman back then and not the -ahem!- older, more sensitive person I am now.

Good luck on that second part. That's probably up there with Santa and the tooth fairy.

Hell if I could just find a GF that WANTED to do the gaming thing (on games I actually play) not er.. Farmville, rather than me having to drag them kicking and screaming that would be cool.

Not that gaming is a requirement on my list, would just be a sweet bonus.

I really have no clue how you guys have so much trouble finding girl gamers. I am a girl gamer, just about every girl I have dated is a gamer, most of my female friends are gamers.

Shuma Gorath? That's impressive in itself! He's one of the hardest characters to play as!

Sadly, I suck at Street Fighter and I haven't played IV yet. But, I have Super Street Fighter 2 Hd Remix. I'm trying to learn Cammy.

(Wow, my reply was a bit lagged.)

Edited by DeadBurgerKing

Shuma Gorath? That's impressive in itself! He's one of the hardest characters to play as!

Sadly, I suck at Street Fighter and I haven't played IV yet. But, I have Super Street Fighter 2 Hd Remix. I'm trying to learn Cammy.

(Wow, my reply was a bit lagged.)

I've played Shuma since MSH, he is my main in any game he is in. I suck at MVC3 though since I've managed less than 8 hours play time in it :(

My Shuma is decent, but I just don't have a cohesive team. So far its Shuma, Hulk because Hulk is pretty easy to play using what I know from his earlier versions (I played him a lot in MVC1) and Dormamu for assists. My Dormie sucks.

I finally replaced my PS3 a few months back just before winding up homeless, and wound up leaving it and my stick in Kingston :(

My power house is Ammy. I LOVE Okami and I LOVE wolves. So, I strove to be bad ass with her! My team was originally Megaman and Spiderman in 1. Megaman, Spiderman and Jill Valentine in 2. And I'm still experimenting with my team in 3. So far, it's been primarily Jill, Felicia and Ammy. Jill is VERY different in this one, so I'm still relearning her. Spiderman in this one ALWAYS breaks my air combos with a Web Swing and I don't know why, so I gave up on him. And Megaman is absent. I tried Zero, and I DO throw him in my team every now and then. But, I know Felecia from Dark Stalkers and her moves are almost identical, so I use her more often than Zero. And X-23 is fun to play with. I favor agility over strength, as you've probably guess with my teams. But, Amaterasu. She's my ace in the hole.

Edited by DeadBurgerKing

In two I played Shuma/Zangief/Whoever I felt like for third spot most of the time. Mechagief Lariat Assist was godlike at mid tier character levels.

I tend to favor mindgames. Shuma is great for mindgames, and has some very underrated tricks. Hes one of those characters that is better than people think he is.

Edited by 0pheliA

I really have no clue how you guys have so much trouble finding girl gamers. I am a girl gamer, just about every girl I have dated is a gamer, most of my female friends are gamers.

Its a real phenomenon, well studied. "Gender Disparity In Gaming" and that refers to "hardcore" games although that term is defined differently depending on context. In regular parlance that means "real" games, although that term is poor also as its too dismissive of people that like say , farmville, as if farmville is not "real". If we are talking about the "casual" or "cute" games (pokemon/anime ish, solitaire, angry birds, neo pets) type games, then the numbers are different and have more equal, and in some cases more women than men in terms of hours logged. (and were, in general, designed with this in mind)

Its especially bad with "competitive" games. Although League of Legends (only game i really play currently) is (fairly) "cute" and still has like a 10 to 1 guy to girl ratio. Its competitive, and free (typically more jerks in free games). I used to play a lot of fighting games (no console at the moment) and MMOs (just quit the last one for the 5th time like 6 months ago), same phenomenon in all of these games (although moreso in the competitive games than the co-op ones)

Being a girl your going to see the girl-gamer world through rose colored glasses and probably be annoyed that I'd say that, but its just a reality. Girls tend to group together (big shock, this has been true since pre-history) when they find each other , further re-enforcing this idea.

Go to a gaming convention and look around, 1 to 20 guy/girl ratio and 90% of thoes girls are there with their S.O. , and there are more girls at gaming conventions than gamers in general as its a social gathering (blame the sociologists for this part).

Go to Pandemonium (largest P&P location in michigan, and most of the midwest) on any given night, 20 to 1 male to female ratio and almost always they are with an S.O. That number drops if your expecting them to fit anything remotely like the traditional concept of physical attractiveness. Every time, all the time (and thats usually a good night, unless its RPG heavy). Then its ONLY like 9 to 1.

Really wish I had an interest in some other hobby (especially "real life" tabletop/pnp gaming), this one tends to lead to a lot of hours spent, and does not lead to finding like-minded females (at least not ones that are single as they typically (read , every time , for the last two decades, with a two excetions (one was a sea-monster and the other one was gay) got dragged into whatever game I meet them in by an S.O. :verymad::gathering:

Its a real phenomenon, well studied. "Gender Disparity In Gaming" and that refers to "hardcore" games although that term is defined differently depending on context. In regular parlance that means "real" games, although that term is poor also as its too dismissive of people that like say , farmville, as if farmville is not "real". If we are talking about the "casual" or "cute" games (pokemon/anime ish, solitaire, angry birds, neo pets) type games, then the numbers are different and have more equal, and in some cases more women than men in terms of hours logged. (and were, in general, designed with this in mind)

Its especially bad with "competitive" games. Although League of Legends (only game i really play currently) is (fairly) "cute" and still has like a 10 to 1 guy to girl ratio. Its competitive, and free (typically more jerks in free games). I used to play a lot of fighting games (no console at the moment) and MMOs (just quit the last one for the 5th time like 6 months ago), same phenomenon in all of these games (although moreso in the competitive games than the co-op ones)

Being a girl your going to see the girl-gamer world through rose colored glasses and probably be annoyed that I'd say that, but its just a reality. Girls tend to group together (big shock, this has been true since pre-history) when they find each other , further re-enforcing this idea.

Go to a gaming convention and look around, 1 to 20 guy/girl ratio and 90% of thoes girls are there with their S.O. , and there are more girls at gaming conventions than gamers in general as its a social gathering (blame the sociologists for this part).

Go to Pandemonium (largest P&P location in michigan, and most of the midwest) on any given night, 20 to 1 male to female ratio and almost always they are with an S.O. That number drops if your expecting them to fit anything remotely like the traditional concept of physical attractiveness. Every time, all the time (and thats usually a good night, unless its RPG heavy). Then its ONLY like 9 to 1.

Really wish I had an interest in some other hobby (especially "real life" tabletop/pnp gaming), this one tends to lead to a lot of hours spent, and does not lead to finding like-minded females (at least not ones that are single as they typically (read , every time , for the last two decades, with a two excetions (one was a sea-monster and the other one was gay) got dragged into whatever game I meet them in by an S.O. :verymad::gathering:

Traditionally attractive women do not do it for me. gotta be something nontraditional about em.

Traditionally attractive women do not do it for me. gotta be something nontraditional about em.

I'm at a loss to describe any physical attribute in a way that doesn't confuse the issue, or offend someone, it such a sensitive subject that it overshadows everything else.

Even what I (assume) you mean by "nontraditional" is actually traditional in the sense that i mean. I do know what you mean though... hell , I'm the guy that started a thing called "detroit gothic . net" at least mildly in part becasue of this attraction to the unconventional.

Traditionally attractive in the sense that they resemble attractive women, rather than resembling John Goodman. Man I love me some sexy John Goodman looking women! (no disrespect to John Goodman hes one sexy beast!)

I'm single and had to repeat myself to the same person "I said no, I meant no". Told the guy "dont get your hopes up" and he still tried to say "I say we're dating now!" Um, no. That's a decision made by two people and I told you already it wasnt going to happen.

Disappointed you are. Care I do not.

I'm single and had to repeat myself to the same person "I said no, I meant no". Told the guy "dont get your hopes up" and he still tried to say "I say we're dating now!" Um, no. That's a decision made by two people and I told you already it wasnt going to happen.

Disappointed you are. Care I do not.

How the heck does that work, his social cells must be depleted or some such. I mean I get that some people don't want to accept things, but regardless of how much you want something to be true just stating it, doesn't make it true. Seems like , "welcome to life 101". :unsure: It might suck, but that doesn't change reality.

Oh the proper things, unfaithfulness and disloyalty.

Saying that's "proper" is probably not the best way to word it. Lol

I don't know. I have trust issues as well. I think everyone does to some extent. But, I've been used over and over. For finances to being a "fetish". I'm sick of everything and everyone. And I keep everyone at an arm's length. I firmly believe that everyone leaves eventually. It's helped.

But, lately, I've been stabbing people verbally. The second I notice stupidity, I lash out at whomever is the moronic one. Honestly, I don't know if it's how I cope with loss or not. And I don't like who I'm becoming. But, I'd be lying if I said it didn't make me feel better. But hey, I haven't been hurt in a while now, so I'm doing something right, right?

Edited by DeadBurgerKing

I am and it's probably not going to happen for me. I have to focus on myself anyway, I don't have anything to offer anyone.

Someone who values their individuality actually has far more to offer me than someone who seeks a relationship as self redemption. Society teaches people to seek relationships as an affirmation of their male/female role in society. We are raised to see a mate as a "better half", etc. Someone who completes us. Every person I have dated (aside from my current gf) has been wired this way and as a such always wound up delegating the powershift to me.) It was very frustrating, even more so after I started understanding why it was happening and what it was.

The statement "I have to focus on myself" is actually your first step towards actually having a real mature adult relationship, and proof you actually have far more to offer people than you think.

It sucks that money and distance always come into the equation. If someone I'm interested in doesn't live close or have a deep interest in being around me then it seems like there's no point, between lack of money and college.

But I no longer share the sense of small-town escapism as people my age, especially just because I can't find a date. I'm not big on long drives, and I care more about what's going on locally, on more of a county basis, especially "liberally" in a cultural sense; which all comes down to money (unfortunately) and ambition, where liberal events or lack thereof determine the local demography.