Tattoos

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks to all who offered suggestions and advice. I've been planning a tattoo for some time now, but it's just one of those things that I kept putting off.

I'm trying to find a good place Downriver. Knowing my luck, I'll end up with some buffoon jamming dirty needles into my leg. Any recommendations?

Edited by tanuki1985

• 2 weeks later...
Guest GodfallenPromos

Thanks to all who offered suggestions and advice. I've been planning a tattoo for some time now, but it's just one of those things that I kept putting off.

I'm trying to find a good place Downriver. Knowing my luck, I'll end up with some buffoon jamming dirty needles into my leg. Any recommendations?

hit up Cix....his boy Chappo was supposed to have just opened a tattoo. piercing place...and their down that way-ish.

ohhh...and as for me....I have 3...but plans for 11 more....problem isn't the money...or WHAT I want....it's the fact that I only let one guy in all of the US ink me...and he lives in AZ....but when he comes back "home" to MI....I always have him on reserve. He is a BEYOND BRILLIANT artist, now discovering a severe love for asian influences....can't wait for him to come back and do up my oni mask.

Edited by GodfallenPromos

I have two tatoos. I love them both. One of them is a raven in flight across my shoulders. It needs to be retouched. Ravens hunt with wolves. I am a wolf animal spirit as well as a raven spirit.

My other tatoo is kind of a tribute to the true love genre. My Uncle woke up from a drunken bender as a young man panicked that he got the wrong girls name tatooed on his arm. In fact, it says 'Karen' my Aunts name. They have been together forever.

When I got old enough for tatoos, I thought, the only person that I can say I will love forever without a doubt, is my Mother. I have a 'sailor style' tatoo of her name on my right hip/flank. It's a heart with a green sash around it that says, 'Ann Carol'.

First, Last, Always.

I love you Mom, Happy Mother's Day!

ps - I will put pictures of the tats up later.

post-3061-1210525042_thumb.jpg

Still not inked yet but I know what I'm getting..

I <3 the SNES game Earthbound. If you were to ask me in an interview what game was SO epic that it changed my life forever, I'd say Earthbound (and also Fatal Frame 2). Yeap, changed me...

Oh wait, and DDR DUH...since I'm a dance master because of it and lost like 70 lbs...

BUT...back to Earthbound (which is fairly obscure and an rpg), there is a village in the game called Saturn Village that's filled with these crazy ass little pink dudes that speak in Lolcat (which is WEIRD because this game came out waaaaay before the internets were anything, like in 1994, needless to say probably a decade before icanhascheezburger.com was ever even thought of). They're alllll named Mr. Saturn, so I'm getting one I think on my shoulder blade.

I also wanna get some DDR arrows going up maybe my side or something, that would be really colorful and obviously since Dance Dance Rev is the only thing I can say I'm genuinely better at than like 90% of the population, that would be a whole lot of meaningful for me to get.

I'm probably going to get one of the crimson butterflies from Fatal Frame 2, because that game is the best survival/horror game ever imo.

Since I'm a huge fan of Sailor Saturn (one of the senshi in Sailor Moon, the rarest and most elusive and DBK is wrong, she is so goth). I'm getting the Mistress 9 star with the Saturn symbol in the middle of it. It's basically what appears on her forehead when Sailor Saturn breaks through (she was possessed by Mistress 9, whose symbol was the black star and was on her forehead) and frees herself from the evilz. Then DBK will probably make fun of me and go out and get a TOTALLY LAME tattoo of some Sailor Pluto crap :tongue: *RUNS*

So can anyone tell that I was raised by video games? :laugh:

Edited by Chernobyl

The DDR arrows could be used in a couple of special places so for the nights of drunkeness you could have directions for the proper motions incase the mind fails due to alcohol. LOL

I am gonna be in trouble for this but what the hell, it might be worth it.

The DDR arrows could be used in a couple of special places so for the nights of drunkeness you could have directions for the proper motions incase the mind fails due to alcohol. LOL

I am gonna be in trouble for this but what the hell, it might be worth it.

:rofl: That's pretty funny.

I was probably going to get them on my leg because well...DDR is definately a game where you need some big sexy meaty legs like mine. So the leg symbolizes my ability to pass 8 step songs on expert heavy mode, because without my legs I obviously wouldn't be able to play the game.

Tribal sharky on my left shoulderblade, which some of you have seen. She's my totem & my lovey. :)

My advice to the "un-inked":

--Take your time. If you change your mind on design or whether to get one at all, feel free.

--Find a reputable artist. Ask for references. Ask to see appropriate health & government licenses. Ask for a tour of the shop: Is it clean? Is it sterile? Does it look professionally kept?

--Shop artists. Ask around. Don't settle. If caught between two artists, barter your price. One or both may come down; that's an advantage to this economy.

--Avoid generic "tat book" inking. Design something, or put your artist's creativity to use for something unique. It's your body; make it your tattoo.

--Choose something that has meaning to you right now. That way you can justify permanent inking later by remembering that it was important to you @ that time, & remind yourself why.

--If you do decide to get inked, go a little bit bigger than you planned. Larger tattoos keep details sharper for a longer period of time. And keep it shaded or use sunblock liberally to avoid fading.

--If you do get inked, bring an open-minded friend to the shop on the big day for moral support, to hold your hand, etc. The pain is generally tolerable (& minimal, IMO) but it's nice to have a friendly face with you @ that moment.

--People without tattoos are sometimes called "blanks." My belief: Some people are born to be blanks. If it's you, accept it. There's no shame in getting inked; likewise, there's no shame in staying blank.

Finny's nickel's worth. Good luck!

xo

Edited by Fin

Tribal sharky on my left shoulderblade, which some of you have seen. She's my totem & my lovey. :)

My advice to the "un-inked":

--Take your time. If you change your mind on design or whether to get one at all, feel free.

--Find a reputable artist. Ask for references. Ask to see appropriate health & government licenses. Ask for a tour of the shop: Is it clean? Is it sterile? Does it look professionally kept?

--Shop artists. Ask around. Don't settle. If caught between two artists, barter your price. One or both may come down; that's an advantage to this economy.

--Avoid generic "tat book" inking. Design something, or put your artist's creativity to use for something unique. It's your body; make it your tattoo.

--Choose something that has meaning to you right now. That way you can justify permanent inking later by remembering that it was important to you @ that time, & remind yourself why.

--If you do decide to get inked, go a little bit bigger than you planned. Larger tattoos keep details sharper for a longer period of time. And keep it shaded or use sunblock liberally to avoid fading.

--If you do get inked, bring an open-minded friend to the shop on the big day for moral support, to hold your hand, etc. The pain is generally tolerable (& minimal, IMO) but it's nice to have a friendly face with you @ that moment.

--People without tattoos are sometimes called "blanks." My belief: Some people are born to be blanks. If it's you, accept it. There's no shame in getting inked; likewise, there's no shame in staying blank.

Finny's nickel's worth. Good luck!

xo

Very good advice! One huge thing that I've found to help is to breathe. I know it sounds silly, but making sure to breathe while you're being inked helps. While I'm being inked, I like to let my mind wander, so I'm not focusing on what is going on.

The tattoo on the back of my neck was the most painful, and the part of my chest piece that was close to my collar bone and in between my breasts were painful as well.

My sweetie is definitely meant to be "blank." His body is a work of art all on its own, and I think that tatts on him would take away from that. Tattoos on me, enhance me and I think I look better with them.

Good luck and happy inking!

• 4 weeks later...
Guest GodfallenPromos

WHHHOOOOO....my brother is no longer an "ink virgin"...he got his first piece last night...it's clean...lines are nice....only thing I don't like about it is it looks like a lobster crossed with a scorpion.....

right arm:tribal bird by tribal i mean native american, misfits skull underarm, detroit d dripping with blood surrounded by smoke. left arm: 3 skulls doin hear,see,and speak no evil. chest: reaper on one side an angel on the other( im a libra im into the whole balance thing). 70% of my back are gargoyle wings 1/2 finished tribal band around right ankle.

I have a total of 3. Light blue ankh cross with wings which appears to look more like a temporary tat than real one. The ancient egyptian cross represents everlasting life and celebration of life and the balance part like Headlessgoth pointed out.

One skull bearing teeth with red eyes on my right forearm. Someday I would like to get the flames colored, but for now I will keep it. This tattoo encapsulates my personality and my love for skulls. I wanted to go for something Army of Darkness style, I think I did just that.

My last tattoo is the Pink Floyd Darkside Of The Moon prism on the inside of my left forearm. Anyone who knows me will tell you I'm a huge Floyd fan. Thats what the prism is for.

Someday, I will get a few more, but they will be covered in an area where nobody can see them as it is hard enough that most jobs don't like them.

Edited by Morbid Suicide

• 6 months later...