If You Could Have One Thing Right Now

Homicidalheathen

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 5 years later...
3 hours ago, oXMiahGraceXo said:

I need a teleportation device so I can come to those DJ gigs. 

Or to teleport you to here to dj, if I could get my grubby hands on a venue XD

You make some connections and start promoting the nights.  Get a following going.  If you can show venue owners a guaranteed crowd they'll be all about it.

Bill it as a Halloween season thing and then just keep doing it after.  I mean it is Halloween season all the time, right?

I know it's overplayed, but it's so, so fitting.  It needs to make a comeback (but not all the time.)

Edited by Scary Guy

2 hours ago, Scary Guy said:

You makes some connections and start promoting the nights.  Get a following going.  If you can show venue owners a guaranteed crowd they'll be all about it.

Bill it as a Halloween season thing and then just keep doing it after.  I mean it is Halloween season all the time, right?

I know it's overplayed, but it's so, so fitting.  It needs to make a comeback (but not all the time.)

This is my (not so) secret goal for Holland/GR 

Everything is SO far away. Like everyone I talk to is driving to Detroit on the regular which is cool day trips are fun. But in FL the Orlando goths had the castle, and the Jax goths STILL had myth and 1904 for club nights. 

And for vampire balls there was Caligula's mansion. And we had a guy in the community with a beach house who had semi private events. There were multiple taverns where people just hung out on the regular. 

And if you weren't strictly goth we had Raindogs and the Underbelly for hardcore shows. WEEKLY hardcore shows. And a monthly punk show. JUST in Jacksonville. 

But in MI almost everything is in Detroit or Kalamazoo TT~TT 

We gotta have something that happens on this side of the state and doesn't get canceled two days beforehand.

Also this song is sick. I have heard it before but didn't know what it was called XD 

17 minutes ago, oXMiahGraceXo said:

This is my (not so) secret goal for Holland/GR 

Everything is SO far away. Like everyone I talk to is driving to Detroit on the regular which is cool day trips are fun. But in FL the Orlando goths had the castle, and the Jax goths STILL had myth and 1904 for club nights. 

And for vampire balls there was Caligula's mansion. And we had a guy in the community with a beach house who had semi private events. There were multiple taverns where people just hung out on the regular. 

And if you weren't strictly goth we had Raindogs and the Underbelly for hardcore shows. WEEKLY hardcore shows. And a monthly punk show. JUST in Jacksonville. 

But in MI almost everything is in Detroit or Kalamazoo TT~TT 

We gotta have something that happens on this side of the state and doesn't get canceled two days beforehand.

Also this song is sick. I have heard it before but didn't know what it was called XD 

Yes, that's why that song was overplayed to fuck.

But as far as nights go, if I could have one thing it would be a daily 24 hour goth hangout/coffeehouse/clubhouse/nightclub/restaurant thing.  People could just show up whenever and hang out/work on things.  There would be a DJ or canned music playing.  Back rooms for "stuff".

The problem is most places hate anything that is "cool" because they think it involves drugs (because it usually does) or they just don't like alternative things in their town because they're usually filled with people society views as deviant (and not the actual bad kind of deviant like Nazis/KKK/etc...  but rather people who they deem amoral/unethical.)

So anyway, step one is corrupting the youth getting them into the fashion and the music...